Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RV Lot Tents - Official Word from Transportation Services

6,130 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lotoarmy
tokyoag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
No tents can be put up anywhere on the A&M campus, including RV lots. If your RV has an awning, you can put that out, but that is it. No grills, either.
tokyoag
AG
I am the Penberthy Lot Committee Rep, so trust me this comes from an excellent source on the matter.
FriscoKid
AG
Just claim that it's a sun mask and you are social distancing.
Jon Cocktosin
AG

Maybe tepees?
JustisWalkert
AG

for my bunghole!
Sparkie
AG
It's not a grill. It's a protest fire.
Win At Life
AG
Sparkie said:

Barbecue Lives Matter
FLATOUT
AG
Should be fun watching them try to enforce this.

Seriously no grills in the RV lots? What a joke, does cooking food outdoors raise the risk of contracting COVID-19? Nobody will stop me from burning my hot dogs!

agnerd
AG
Win At Life said:

Sparkie said:

Barbecue Lives Matter
Texas A&M tent - A& + BL = Protest Tent!
FLATOUT
AG
Sparkie said:

Stickers and Flags need to be made for this.
greg.w.h
AG
I'm fairly confident that the wide publication of the call in number will result in some violations resulting in appropriate visits by appropriately sensitive university officials. Like the KK that towed cars from the fish lot before game weekends back in the day...
Aggie
AG
FLATOUT said:

Seriously no grills in the RV lots? What a joke, does cooking food outdoors raise the risk of contracting COVID-19? Nobody will stop me from burning my hot dogs!

Exactly
If you're paying for an RV spot and you're cooking for you and those in the RV... they can't enforce that.
No way
TheWoodsAg
AG
Aggie said:

FLATOUT said:

Exactly
If you're paying for an RV spot and you're cooking for you and those in the RV... they can't enforce that.
No way

You've obviously never dealt with the TS nazis that man RV lots on game weekends..../
TxSquarebody
I accept donations for BBQ delivered to your spot.
Picard
AG
I invite "President" Young to stop by my spot and personally cite me for my infractions.
twogoatsfn
AG
tokyoag said:

No tents can be put up anywhere on the A&M campus, including RV lots. If your RV has an awning, you can put that out, but that is it. No grills, either.
was this announced before or after the opt out deadline?
tokyoag
AG
2billfighter said:

tokyoag said:

was this announced before or after the opt out deadline?
well after, or there would have been a mass exodus.
Txmoe
AG
FLATOUT said:

The wording on their communications implies that they won't be enforcing the policy. There's some vague promise of fewer restrictions later if we all cooperate now. From yesterday's email:
Quote:

There will be no tailgating allowed at the season opener against Vanderbilt on Sept. 26. A decision to permit tailgating later in the season will be evaluated after the first game.
jess09
Tsrv has not emailed, texted, or communicated anything on this! As of right now it's business as usual!
tokyoag
AG
jess09 said:

Tsrv has not emailed, texted, or communicated anything on this! As of right now it's business as usual!
You're wrong, I spoke with them personally. Again, I am the committeeman for Penberthy Lot, we have a Facebook page and I thought it my duty to tell them that the No Tents No Tailgating policy covers ever inch of state property surrounding Texas A&M University and all RV lots.

Please call them, so you don't spend a lot of time and money preparing to enjoy yourself.
bdgol07
AG
You can be a spokesperson all you want but until it comes from the source, it dont mean jack sheet
tokyoag
AG
bdgol07 said:

You can be a spokesperson all you want but until it comes from the source, it dont mean jack sheet
An email went out on September 17th from TSRV regarding guidelines, I have asked them to send it again. The email would have only gone out to people with season RV passes.
tokyoag
AG
bdgol07 said:

Howdy!

The university has announced tailgating will not be allowed for the first home football game on Sept. 26 against Vanderbilt. Specifically, tents, tailgate trailers, BBQ grills and smokers will not be allowed. RVs will be allowed however the tailgating rules across campus also apply in the RV Parks. For this season only, if you decide against bringing your RV for a game but still plan to attend, do not post your permits on the RV Permit Exchange page. Instead, you may use your tow vehicle and/or RV permit to park your vehicle in your assigned RV space or in lots designated on the football map as valid for any permit.

Gameday parking lots will open at 2:30 p.m., four hours before kickoff. RV lot opening times are still noon on Friday for Olsen, Penberthy and Lot 58. Aggie RV Park opens at 9 a.m. on Friday.

Gameday bus service is limited this year and will run in designated areas from 3 hours pregame and until 1 hour after the game ends. Face coverings and physical distancing are required as a condition for shuttle usage for guests at all times while aboard the shuttle, entering/exiting and while waiting in line.

We look forward to seeing you.

Official enough for you?
HtownAg94
AG

This could get interesting...

What's next? No crock pots? No sterno? No "tailgate" games?

I still haven't seen where they have dictated who will enforce all of this... KK? Transportation?
oldag941
AG
My experience has been with the RV lots. They can and will enforce these based on my experience. They have had people run around the lots in polaris ATV's and check for your pass on your rv. They also check your drivers license, tow vehicle plates and rv plates as you enter. If you are found to have an infraction, they may just send you an email stating that your access will be cancelled for another game or you will not have access to renewal for next year. Those are the two "sticks" that they wield. They aren't very confrontational in person, but rather wait to have the backoffice address you after the weekend.
MouthBQ98
AG
The unstated goal is to make the experience as unenjoyable as possible so you don't do anything but sleep in your trailer.
TheWoodsAg
AG
I used to park in the old lot 43 before they moved everyone to the new lot 58 and the "RV Park". Even though we had two adjoining spots with our good friends, TS nazis once made me move my trailer because it was two inches over the line of the other spot (we also owned the other spot, but that didn't matter to them), they claimed it was a fire hazard. My entire setup was done and my truck had been unhitched from the trailer, they still insisted I move it or forfeit my pass for the rest of the season.

The TS personnel who work the RV lots are the dumbest and most unbearable people on the Texas A&M campus in my experience.
NoahAg
Just wave a BLM flag at your site and you can do whatever you want.
PCC_80
AG
NoahAg said:

Just wave a BLM flag at your site and you can do whatever you want.
We are having a Protest tailgate. Demanding that Young be fired.
BigE42
AG
Haven't you heard? Tents and grilles cause Covid when people gather around them. It's even worse when you do it with people you live with.
FLATOUT
AG
My "COME AND TAKE IT" BBQ Grill flag will be flying high.

You have to be a complete jackass to think that burning a piece of meat, outside, socially distanced could possibly cause a spike in COVID-19.

Gotta love it when they all but beg you to continue to send in donations and spend all the money for an abbreviated season and then piss everyone off in those lots that chose to still support them even after all of the BS.
Agijud
AG
I talked to a guy in the transportation department. He reiterated the "no tents/no grills" rule. But when i asked him about chairs, crockpots, and my bar under my awning, he said, "those are not on my list of prohibited items."
Drillbit4
AG
So you could pack everyone around a fondue set under an awning, but can't grill brats or pitch washers at a tailgate. Makes perfect sense.
Slamn Sharpe
agnerd said:

Win At Life said:

Sparkie said:

Barbecue Lives Matter
Texas A&M tent - A& + BL = Protest Tent!

Username checks out
sharpdressedman
I sense a world-class pissing contest will commence this weekend, and it won't end well.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.