Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

RV Lot Tents - Official Word from Transportation Services

6,161 Views | 42 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by lotoarmy
FLATOUT
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
sharpdressedman said:

I sense a world-class pissing contest will commence this weekend, and it won't end well.
Correct
TheWoodsAg
AG
Quote:

Tailgating
The university has announced tailgating will not be allowed for the first home football game on Sept. 26 against Vanderbilt. Specifically, tents, tailgate trailers, BBQ grills and smokers will not be allowed. The tailgating rules across campus also apply in the RV parking lots. Guidelines will be reevaluated on a game-by-game basis.
This is so dumb. I can understand banning tents in the parks and other lots and trying to limit the amount of people at each gathering (10 or fewer), but I'm going to have 4 people sleeping in my RV this weekend, going to dinner with me on Friday and sitting next to me during the game and you're telling me the same 5 people can't be under a tent on Saturday in a parking lot when it's going to be 90 degrees out?

The stupid is so strong with these people it's not funny.
Bird Poo
AG
Agijud said:

I talked to a guy in the transportation department. He reiterated the "no tents/no grills" rule. But when i asked him about chairs, crockpots, and my bar under my awning, he said, "those are not on my list of prohibited items."
Even more dumb. Good grief.
Bird Poo
AG
oldag941 said:

My experience has been with the RV lots. They can and will enforce these based on my experience. They have had people run around the lots in polaris ATV's and check for your pass on your rv. They also check your drivers license, tow vehicle plates and rv plates as you enter. If you are found to have an infraction, they may just send you an email stating that your access will be cancelled for another game or you will not have access to renewal for next year. Those are the two "sticks" that they wield. They aren't very confrontational in person, but rather wait to have the backoffice address you after the weekend.
Know how to get around this?

Pull your camera out when they come around and video tape your entire conversation with these jackasses. When they try to revoke your passes, show them how their chicken-***t employees never even mentioned said infraction.

That employee will think twice about being a sniveling a-hole if he/she is on camera.
Squadron7
AG
Setting a building on fire in protest and using it to cook your hot dog might be permissible.

Someone should check with President Young.
74OA
AG
GAMEDAY

TAILGATING
chrisnbill
AG
These rules are university rules and not Transportation Services. I am very glad we are being allowed to bring RV's in light of everything else going on. I am sure they will discuss the bbq issue after this weekend with the university based on inputs from the RV'ers. Speaking for myself and my 23 years RV-ing at football, baseball and basketball weekends - from parking RV's in Lot E and then Lot 74, Lot R, Lot 100E and now Lot 58 - the TS personnel and the many student workers have always been polite, professional and respectful while dealing with often irate and rude customers who disagree with the published rules.
greg.w.h
AG
Non-violent protests are in...
lotoarmy
AG
chrisnbill said:

These rules are university rules and not Transportation Services. I am very glad we are being allowed to bring RV's in light of everything else going on. I am sure they will discuss the bbq issue after this weekend with the university based on inputs from the RV'ers. Speaking for myself and my 23 years RV-ing at football, baseball and basketball weekends - from parking RV's in Lot E and then Lot 74, Lot R, Lot 100E and now Lot 58 - the TS personnel and the many student workers have always been polite, professional and respectful while dealing with often irate and rude customers who disagree with the published rules.
I agree with everything you said. I'm in lot 58 and I don't think Transportation could have possibly done a better job considering the circumstances. And, I told them so.
Last of the Old Army
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.