Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Is "Demon" Demas Texas A&M's next generational talent?

5,462 Views | 31 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TEXAS FINEST
Aggiebound17
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Or just another case of freak athleticism without enough talent to succeed?

I don't see Demas being an average player. I see basically a boom or bust. Not expecting the boom this year but at least by Junior season hopefully sooner.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Don't know the kid personally but have read he has a really strong work ethic. Couple that with Randy moss athletic ability and their is lots of potential for him to be the next aggie superstar. Just think what he will do when he has a qb who is accurate on downfield throws. That will be the only thing that slows him down as a freshman.
Post removed:
by user
West Point Aggie
AG
Or perhaps his leaping makes Mond look amazing
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
What I like most about him is that he always seems to be in charge of whatever group he is in when I see videos of him, whether goofing around on the sidelines or playing on the field.
yell_on_6th st
AG
Sure
fightinag
West Point Aggie said:

Or perhaps his leaping makes Mond look amazing
No Human can jump that high unless they are in the olympics and carrying a pole........
even then Mond would throw high
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
Amarillo Slim
AG
Can we at least let him play one game first?
"Real happiness comes not from getting what we desire; but celebrating what we have."
knoxtom
JakeSmalls said:

Come on man, Texags has Baylor Cupp in the NFL hall of fame already and he hasn't even successfully completed a practice
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Why does he have to be a bust if not a boom? He can still be a great football player for us without being an all-time great.

With that said, I think he's got a great shot at being an all-time great.
SinKiller
CassiusClay said:

Maybe - problem is you never see WRs take over a game...unless you're Larry Fitzgerald

I was in Kyle when Fitzgerald destroyed us...
ironmanag
AG
Sigh..

Only on Texags does a fanbase demand five stars, only to tell people to lower their expectations of said five stars.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
ironmanag said:

Sigh..

Only on Texags does a fanbase demand five stars, only to tell people to lower their expectations of said five stars.
There are 30+ 5*'s that get handed out every year. Only 5 or 6 (17%) of those guys will be first round picks. Only 52% will get drafted at all.

5* rankings are just projections. They honestly don't have a great amount of correlation when you look at those numbers.

So yes, you need to limit your expectations.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
An interesting note though. 5* Tight Ends have the greatest percentage of being drafted followed by receivers. DB's and DL's tend to have the highest bust rate.
West Point Aggie
AG
JakeSmalls said:

That L next to your AG tag means you should know better than to ask that in these parts!
My Name Is Judge
How has no one commented on the fact that op tried to give Hollywood Demas a god awful nickname?
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
My Name Is Judge said:

How has no one commented on the fact that op tried to give Hollywood Demas a god awful nickname?

It appears you will be the judge of that.

I do like Hollywood demas especially if he lives up to it.
rbcs_2
AG
Quote:

Maybe - problem is you never see WRs take over a game...unless you're Larry Fitzgerald
Or Todd Blythe.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Aggiebound17 said:

Or just another case of freak athleticism without enough talent to succeed?

I don't see Demas being an average player. I see basically a boom or bust. Not expecting the boom this year but at least by Junior season hopefully sooner.

Have no idea if he is even practicing from the lack of photos by Texags?? You would think he would be in a few as hyped as he is. Don't need any more pics of the kickers or Mond we need to see Demas ! Plus Jimbo never talks about him except that one weird comment I can't recall right now.
Tegrity123
All depends if he can consistently catch the ball. If he cannot, better get him on end-arounds, RB, or DB. Man is too athletic to not be on the field.
Bill Superman
AG
knoxtom said:

JakeSmalls said:

Come on man, Texags has Baylor Cupp in the NFL hall of fame already and he hasn't even successfully completed a practice

Damn, he hasn't hardly successfully completed a practice. Each practice cost him a year
MaroonStain
AG
CassiusClay said:

Todd Blythe
Josh Reed
Robert Ferguson
Mike Evans
"Thanks and Gig'em"
NoahAg
rbcs_2 said:

Quote:

Or Todd Blythe.

He really deserves a statue outside of Kyle. We made him look like white Jerry Rice.
AgGermany
AG
Boom... that is all!
cheeky
AG
I'm told the best player on the team is Ainias Smith. Easily. Demas has potential but needs a year in the program to mature.
Toptierag2018
He'll be elite if he's a hard worker.
jim 78
AG
He has the tools!
cc10106
rbcs_2 said:

Quote:

Or Todd Blythe.
Was there. BAS kicking in meow.
TopoTacos
AG
With the absolute insanity going on this year, lack of full slate of practices/camps and the changes to the schedule, I'm sure it will take him some time to get integrated with the offense/comfortable with the playbook (as it will be for almost every freshman in America this year). However, I think we are gonna see some real flashes early and he could be a major weapon by the time November comes around.

He and Anias are guys whose talent demands that you get them the ball as much as possible, and from interviews and word of mouth I think Demas is going to be a leader early in this locker room.
samhoustonag
I am more interested in who will lead on the field than who will lead in the locker room.
SinKiller
I know this is TexAgs, but, I'd say we oughta at least let him actually play a game before we start counting the Heismans...
InMyOpinion
OldShadeOfBlue said:

ironmanag said:

Sigh..

There are 30+ 5*'s that get handed out every year. Only 5 or 6 (17%) of those guys will be first round picks. Only 52% will get drafted at all.

5* rankings are just projections. They honestly don't have a great amount of correlation when you look at those numbers.

So yes, you need to limit your expectations.
And only 24% of 4 stars and 7% of 3 stars will get drafted
TEXAS FINEST
He want have immediate impact this year but by Jr year he may make some noise...Unfortunately some think he is immediate impact but thats not the case...His game is still that of a High School player with limited knowledge of College game...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.