Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2020 Record Prediction

11,154 Views | 117 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by RadAg14
rwhitlock3
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't know about y'all, but watching the ACC and Big 12 (who looked terrible) last weekend felt like just the appetizer for real college football that is coming in 10 days. It was nice, but not fulfilling enough.

I think the Aggies will have a record of 7-3 this season, with the 3 losses being to Alabama, Flordia, and LSU. This would mean we finally put an end to Auburn's win streak and start climbing up the SEC West pecking order. What do y'all think?

https://quickwhits.home.blog/2020/09/16/2020-schedule-preview/
Saint Pablo
Seems fair. I don't get why so many people have been picking LSU over us given what they've lost to the draft, from their coaching staff, and because of opt outs.
sleepybeagle
AG
8-2
Toptierag2018
Saint Pablo said:

Seems fair. I don't get why so many people have been picking LSU over us given what they've lost to the draft, from their coaching staff, and because of opt outs.

They STILL have more player projected to go in the first 3 rounds of next years draft than us.
Toptierag2018
7-3. 6-4 if we have injuries to any key spots.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
7-3 seems to be the most common prediction. Other than Alabama, analysts differ on who we will incur additional losses against.

I analyzed Bleacher Report Kerry Miller's projections for all 14 teams. He projects us to finish 7-3 with losses to Alabama, Tennessee, and LSU and 3rd in the SEC West behind Alabama 10-0 and LSU 8-2.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2904823-sec-football-preview-and-predictions-for-2020-season

On Athlon Sports, Steven Lassan and Mark Ross both predict 7-3 and a loss at Alabama, but they disagree on the other two losses. While Lassan believes we will lose home games to Florida and LSU, Ross believes we will lose road games at Tennessee and Auburn. Ryan Wright predicts we will start 1-2 with loses to Alabama and Florida before winning our last seven games to finish 8-2.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/texas-am-football-game-game-predictions-2020

ironmanag
AG
Mond is an average QB.

We will win what we are supposed to win lose what we are supposed to lose and go around 50/50 with our 50/50 games.

That means

Losses to Bama and Florida

Wins against Ole Miss, Miss St, USCE, Vandy, Ark

50/50 games LSU, Auburn, Tennessee

Mond is pretty terrible on the road so figure lose two of the three 50/50 games

6-4 with 7-3 as a possibility.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
MaroonStain
AG
9-3 every year except this year...

WE GO 8-2 AND GO BOWING AGAIN!!!
"Thanks and Gig'em"
Saint Pablo
Toptierag2018 said:

Saint Pablo said:

They STILL have more player projected to go in the first 3 rounds of next years draft than us.
TCU, Miss. St, and South Carolina all had more players drafted in the first 3 rounds of last year's draft. What is that worth? Two of their guys projected to be top picks have opted out. They lost their otherworldly QB, 16 other starters, their DC, and their passing game coordinator who essentially engineered that offense. I think it is very likely that they lose more games than we do.
SECTAMU#1
7 - 3
W
AG
A&M plays 5 true road games.

that is very problematic
saw em off
10-0 dammit!
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yes, we've struggled in true SEC road games over the past two years and gone 2-5, and both wins were by seven points or less: 26-23 win over 7-6 South Carolina in 2018 and 24-17 win over 4-8 Ole Miss in 2019. If we win three road games this year, we would exceed that total. We have back to back road games against South Carolina on 11/7 and Tennessee on 11/14. The last time we won road games in back to back weeks was 2012 with three straights wins over Auburn, Mississippi State, and Alabama. In 2013, we won road games at Arkansas on 9/28/13 and at Ole Miss on 10/12/13, but had our first bye week between those games. That's why some analysts predict we will lose at Tennessee.

samhoustonag
6-4 with Mond.

8-2 with Calzada or King.
Saint Pablo
Lol
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
ESPN FPI actually gives us a higher chance (52.4%) of beating Florida than LSU (37.5%). They also give us a 68.4% of winning at Tennessee.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/LongFormArticle/Texas-AM-football-ESPN-FPI-predictions-2020-season-150416919/#150416919_5

I agree that Tennessee, LSU, and Auburn are 50/50 games, but I would also add Florida to that list. I believe our floor is 5-5 and ceiling is 9-1.

NoahAg
Sadly, leaning 4-6.

Vandy - W
@Bama - LOL
Florida - L
@MSU - W
Arkansas - W
@SC - L
@Tenn - L
Miss - W
LSU - LOL
@Auburn - L
ironmanag
AG
NoahAg said:

Sadly, leaning 4-6.

Vandy - W
@Bama - LOL
Florida - L
@MSU - W
Arkansas - W
@SC - L
@Tenn - L
Miss - W
LSU - LOL
@Auburn - L
You are not sad about it. You do it every single year only to disappear when we win and reappear every loss.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
CoachtobeNamed$$$
8-2. 9-2 after bowl game. Remember you heard it here first. We will be ranked #6 in the country.
czar_iv
AG
Maybe I am drinking too much Koolaid ... But I like the fact that all new guys will be playing WR. I believe it is an addition by subtraction. My only concern is CB.

9-1
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
maver1ck
AG
Mond and the O-Line take a big step forward. 8-2 or better
wangus12
AG
5-5
SinKiller
I'd say 5-5 worst case, 7-3 ceiling. This is the time of year where the players somehow got remarkably better in a few months time. This will be year 3 of things "slowing down" for Mond, fool me once comes to mind. The Ags played 13 games last year, and continued to beat nobody that they weren't supposed to. Jimbo, in year 3, is still looking for a signature win. No, Kentucky and LSU were not signature, both could have easily gone the other way. Jury is out.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Did you mean 7-3 as the ceiling?
SinKiller
Yessir, thanks.
czar_iv
AG
Quote:

No, Kentucky and LSU were not signature, both could have easily gone the other way. Jury is out.
But they didn't go the other way lol
"Can I Ask What Exactly Is An Aggie? Sure! An Aggie is quite simply the best thing anyone can strive to be!" - Sydney Colson
LihaiAg06
AG
What is wrong with you people who say we are losing to LSU this year? LSU likely loses 4-5 games this season...A&M being one of them.

Ags go 9-1, only loss being Bama.
NoahAg
ironmanag said:

NoahAg said:

Sadly, leaning 4-6.

Vandy - W
@Bama - LOL
Florida - L
@MSU - W
Arkansas - W
@SC - L
@Tenn - L
Miss - W
LSU - LOL
@Auburn - L
You are not sad about it. You do it every single year only to disappear when we win and reappear every loss.

Sorry friend. I don't know you or what you're talking about. We won 4 conference games last year and the same is possible this year.

I'd love to predict 10-0, but there's still much uncertainty with the team. I'm actually higher on Mond than most around here. The o-line and WRs have a lot to prove. Our TE depth is gone. And I don't think we have heard the full story on Ausbon leaving.

Maybe we won't go 4-6. That is probably the floor. Even 6-4 will be very challenging. Sure LSU lost a bunch of guys. But they still have more projected first rounders than we do.
Saint Pablo
NoahAg said:

ironmanag said:

NoahAg said:

Sadly, leaning 4-6.

Vandy - W
@Bama - LOL
Florida - L
@MSU - W
Arkansas - W
@SC - L
@Tenn - L
Miss - W
LSU - LOL
@Auburn - L

Sorry friend. I don't know you or what you're talking about. We won 4 conference games last year and the same is possible this year.

I'd love to predict 10-0, but there's still much uncertainty with the team. I'm actually higher on Mond than most around here. The o-line and WRs have a lot to prove. Our TE depth is gone. And I don't think we have heard the full story on Ausbon leaving.

Maybe we won't go 4-6. That is probably the floor. Even 6-4 will be very challenging. Sure LSU lost a bunch of guys. But they still have more projected first rounders than we do.
The projected first rounders argument as a measure of future success is incredibly odd lol Arizona St., TCU, Texas Tech, all had more first rounders than us last year. Guess we'd go 0-3 against those 3 teams!

Does a first rounder or two account for the loss of a Heisman winning QB, their passing coordinator, their DC, a Biletnikoff winning wide receiver, and a total of 17 starters?
JWinTX
6-4, losses to Bama, Tennessee, LSU, and Auburn.

Mond sucks
bdgol07
AG
3-2 BEFORE THE SEASON IS CANCELLED
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
9-1 with a loss at Alabama would be our ceiling, and 5-5 would be our floor. Our season will come down to swing games against Florida, Tennessee, LSU, and Auburn. It will also be a tight race between LSU, Auburn, and Texas A&M for 2nd through 4th place in the SEC West.

I predict LSU will lose at least two games to Florida and Alabama, and they could also lose swing road games at Auburn and Texas A&M. Historically, LSU has struggled in road games at Auburn. Since 2000, they have gone 3-7 at Jordan Hare Stadium (with wins in 2008, 2012, and 2018), including 0-3 under Nick Saban. Auburn will lose at least two games to Georgia and Alabama, and they have swing home games against LSU and Texas A&M.
SinKiller
czar_iv said:

Quote:

No, Kentucky and LSU were not signature, both could have easily gone the other way. Jury is out.

True, neither were signature wins. Going to LSU or Georgia last year and winning would have been signature. Winning in ot, one extended ot, at home are good wins and frankly ones that we should have won.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
In my book, a signature win would be a victory over a team that finishes with 10 or more wins. We should have beaten Kentucky in regulation, but a 40-yard fumble return tied the game at 14 with 4:17 left to force overtime. Then, we shut out Kentucky in overtime for a 20-14 win, and that Kentucky team finished 10-3 and No. 12. Sure, it took seven overtimes to beat LSU 74-72, but that LSU team finished 10-3 and No. 6. We were the last team to beat LSU before their current 16-game winning streak. So, Jimbo Fisher has two signature home wins, but none on the road yet.

By my definition, Kevin Sumlin has three signature wins, and two of them were bowl wins.
2012: 29-24 win at 13-1 Alabama and a 41-13 win over then 10-2 Oklahoma in the Cotton Bowl
2013: 52-48 win over then 10-3 Duke in the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl.
czar_iv
AG
SinKiller said:

czar_iv said:

Quote:

True, neither were signature wins. Going to LSU or Georgia last year and winning would have been signature. Winning in ot, one extended ot, at home are good wins and frankly ones that we should have won.
LSU hasn't lost a game since that multi-OT game, so I would call that a pretty good win. Kentucky was ranked in the top 10, so I am not sure what you expect as a fan. I am not sure what a signature win means.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.