Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Who is our next 5* pickup?

4,586 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by OldShadeOfBlue
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
It's been a while since we had one.

2021: None
2020: We had 2
2019: We had 2

WC94
AG
When our current 4 stars commits are recalculated based on Jimbo's superior talent evaluation.
Windy City Ag
AG
Don't think we are in the running for anyone this year . . . . Looking at next year, the only composite 5 star is Quinn Ewers and he is Austin bound.
padreislandagfan
The star ranking system is no longer relevant.
It's a joke propped up by recruiting sites and espn.

Find good athletes that fit your system and coach em up.
This is the recipe for success. If you think stars matter, look at the clown show in Austin. Would you rather brag about your star power or get good athletes that can be coached up to win?
ironmanag
AG
Last year we had 6 five stars at least we did until they got re-evaluated.

Demas, Jones, Morris, King, Jackson, and Harris were all five stars at one point.

According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
beerad12man
AG
May not get any this year, though Jimbo sees Stowers as a 5 star QB prospect. LJ Johnson we are in the running for, though a little behind. He's a 5 star talent. Tywone Malone, Shemar Turner, both have 5 star capability and we have a chance at both. I'd be shocked to not land at least one. Bryce Foster is neck and neck for us and Ou(maybe oregon but I think us and Ou), and he's a 5 star guard. Guards are just rarely rated as such. Even Reuben Fatheree has 5 star potential at OT, though he's a bit raw so I can see why isn't rated quite that. In terms of size/athleticism combo, he's 5 star material for sure.

We may not get any on paper, but there will be 5 star talents in the class.
mjhhawk
padreislandagfan said:

This is the recipe for success. If you think stars matter, look at the clown show in Austin. Would you rather brag about your star power or get good athletes that can be coached up to win?
There is plenty of analysis out there that show a strong correlation between recruiting rankings and being a national contender. I'm not saying it's the be all end all and there is certainly some funny business that goes on with some player rankings, but you really aren't paying attention if you only see star rankings as a joke. Feels like you are way to focused on the sips and ignoring how Bama, Clemson, Ohio St., LSU, Georgia....basically all the teams that contend for a national title are always signing 5 stars.
infinity ag
padreislandagfan said:

I must disagree with you. Alabama and Clemson have been getting a lot of 5 stars and you can see it in the results. Ohio State has 4 for this year already, on par with Alabama.

A low 5 star and a high 4 star obviously are close in skills, and some 5 stars go bust, but if you ask me, I would take all the 5 stars I could get.

What you say about finding talent that fits, and coaching them up are also valid. Austin has other problems, that are not a good example. Let's talk about the guys who actually win something every year.
Bill Superman
AG
padreislandagfan said:

The people that disagree with this are also the ones that develop all of their opinions based on what the media tells them.
texag101
beerad12man said:

May not get any this year, though Jimbo sees Stowers as a 5 star QB prospect. LJ Johnson we are in the running for, though a little behind. He's a 5 star talent. Tywone Malone, Shemar Turner, both have 5 star capability and we have a chance at both. I'd be shocked to not land at least one. Bryce Foster is neck and neck for us and Ou(maybe oregon but I think us and Ou), and he's a 5 star guard. Guards are just rarely rated as such. Even Reuben Fatheree has 5 star potential at OT, though he's a bit raw so I can see why isn't rated quite that. In terms of size/athleticism combo, he's 5 star material for sure.

We may not get any on paper, but there will be 5 star talents in the class.
LOL....one of the funniest things I've read in a while.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
ironmanag said:

Last year we had 6 five stars at least we did until they got re-evaluated.

Demas, Jones, Morris, King, Jackson, and Harris were all five stars at one point.

That's nuts
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.