Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nebraska

4,355 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Texker
GoodAg21
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Gotta give them most of the credit. They never gave up as a school, parent group, student group, or a state.
Jon Cocktosin
AG
Good on them for not allowing bureaucracy to dictate life to them. On multiple levels.
West Point Aggie
AG
Having lived in Omaha for 5 years, I can assure you this what they have. That and super friendly people. This is their identity. Really, it is.
GigEmReggie
Y'all talking about the hot mic thing, or is there something else?

Carter, who is not one of the 14 presidents and chancellors who will vote on the decision, was later asked about the conversation made on the hot mic.

"I think that was picked up a little out of context," Carter told KLKN television. "All I said is there's work going on and we remain cautiously optimistic, like everybody else, that we'll get to discovering when it's safe to play."
GoodAg21
Oh really? Perhaps there is, but still Nebraska deserves props for their dedication. Thanks for the info!
Aginnebraska
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Having lived in Omaha for 5 years, I can assure you this what they have. That and super friendly people. This is their identity. Really, it is.

I've lived In Omaha for the almost 20 years. They smelled a rat when the season was cancelled and fought back to make it happen. The other schools in the conference owe it a debt of gratitude. It's not a big school or wealthy school but NU loves it's football And is part of the states identity.
Geriatric Punk
AG
Big 10 could start as soon as Oct. 17
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Good on them for not allowing bureaucracy to dictate life to them. On multiple levels.

Yep

I wish there were more people in all walks of life that had the gumption and guts to stand up to bureaucracy like Nu did.

If the people in this country had any sack they'd tell these democrat governors to take their freedom-stealing mandates and pound sand

SECTAMU#1
The Big Ten's football season is back on.

After postponing the season in August because of safety concerns stemming from the Covid-19 pandemic, the league said Wednesday it plans to start games the weekend of Oct. 23-24.

The Big Ten joins the Atlantic Coast Conference, Big 12 and Southeastern Conference in playing football during the fall term, leaving the Pac-12 as the only Power Five league sitting out.

The about-face comes after coaches, politicians, players and parents lobbied conference officials to reconsider, saying safety measures could be taken to combat the spread of the coronavirus. While that pressure may have helped, the improvement in testing capabilities ultimately swayed leadership.

Quidel Corp. said last week that it had created an antigen test that could produce results in 15 minutes and had already paired up with schools in the Big 12 and Pac-12. The University of Nebraska recently acquired 1,200 Quidel test kits.
West Point Aggie
AG
Yep...an 8 game season with NO byes and NO room
for make ups.

What could possibly go wrong?!!
cavscout96
AG
SECTAMU#1 said:

After postponing
Creative license....... they didn't "postpone" they cancelled.....
deadlift
cavscout96 said:

SECTAMU#1 said:

After postponing
Creative license....... they didn't "postpone" they cancelled.....
They will spin all of this too as having done the right thing all along, returned when it's now safer after "careful consideration", for the safety of all of our kids and the country.
alamogeorge
AG
I'm not a Democrat and they aren't freedom stealing. You only see what you want to see because of which primary you vote in.
"You may all go to hell, and I will go to Aggieland!" -Davy Crockett
Callate Donnie
NyAggie said:

Quote:

Yep

I wish there were more people in all walks of life that had the gumption and guts to stand up to bureaucracy like my did.

If the people in this country had any sack they'd tell these democrat governors to take their freedom-stealing mandates and pound sand

Jebus. Can we have one day without 16 overflow?
eldog569
AG
Who?
Texker
AG
West Point Aggie said:

Confirmed. I'm from small town Nebraska and have plenty of family there. (It's the "ker" in Texker).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.