Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ok what if

4,923 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Foxo
TRaww
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So we know Jhamon is sitting out to prepare for the draft/doesn't want to get hurt- but do we really think his draft stock is high enough to coast through the draft without playing games? Imo- he needed this year to prove himself and raise his draft value, but deep into fall camp/weeks before the season he opts out? I think we're gonna see that the depth chart may have shifted to a point that he may not have gotten the chance to prove himself this year.
ArmchairCowboy
AG
Fresh
Jon Cocktosin
AG
I don't really know what the truth of why he opted out is. It's not really important to me. I do know that as Jimbo continues to put together top recruiting classes back-to-back, attrition is a natural consequence.

I wish him the best, but I'm excited about some of the young talent coming up.
GigEmReggie
No, we don't believe that. And if he does, he's insane.
My Name Is Judge
I don't really get why everyone is so upset. He's a mediocre talent. Team is much better off in the long run w higher ceiling young talent getting more reps early
ArcheryAg
Ok what if he doesn't get an agent, sits out this year and shows up at UH next year.
DL76
AG
Lets see, Courtney Davis doesn't make it, Kendrick Rogers doesn't make it. Why does Ausbond think he can make it? Looks to me more going on than we know. I hope things go differently for Ausbond.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Possible, but not likely.

Ausbon can handle game pressure. Someone can look good in practice, but you don't know until they do it in a game. Telling ausbon he would play less would risk him phoning it in. The better play is to let the young player push him and take over after bama or Florida.

The other thing is that he would have to get beat out by 2 other wrs and jimbonfavors experience. Demas was not here, but the others showed no signs of overtaking ausbon.
vander54
S
TRaww said:

So we know Jhamon is sitting out to prepare for the draft/doesn't want to get hurt- but do we really think his draft stock is high enough to coast through the draft without playing games? Imo- he needed this year to prove himself and raise his draft value, but deep into fall camp/weeks before the season he opts out? I think we're gonna see that the depth chart may have shifted to a point that he may not have gotten the chance to prove himself this year.

If he left last season he probably would have been a day 3 draft pick. If he played this year he could have improved that. Not playing in my opinion makes his stock fall some, but all it takes is one team wanting him.

Also it is tough to say if the depth chart shifted because he didn't practice much so there is no way to gauge if he was overtaken.
rootube
AG
By all accounts Ausbon was a great player, student and teammate. Like all former players I wish him the best of luck in the future. What is so hard about that? Some new guy gets an opportunity. I hope the new guy is ready because we need a new leading receiver.
ironmanag
AG
rootube said:

By all accounts Ausbon was a great player, student and teammate. Like all former players I wish him the best of luck in the future. What is so hard about that? Some new guy gets an opportunity. I hope the new guy is ready because we need a new leading receiver.
Was is a key word.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
spherical
AG
DL76 said:

Lets see, Courtney Davis doesn't make it, Kendrick Rogers doesn't make it. Why does Ausbond think he can make it? Looks to me more going on than we know. I hope things go differently for Ausbond.

Are neither of them at least on practice squads?
Agsuffering@bulaw
Again, I wouldn't sell on q. This was a weird offseason. It was short and there were no preseason games.

Q often got separation in the sec. that is the most important thing. He must Improve in other areas.

He got 100k guaranteed, which is substantial for a ufa. If he sticks with it, he will get at least one more shot.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
My Name Is Judge said:

I don't really get why everyone is so upset. He's a mediocre talent. Team is much better off in the long run w higher ceiling young talent getting more reps early
8 TD in 3 years. Nothing to lose sleep over.
DallasAg 94
VatoLocoAggie
He will soon realize the best years of his life will be the time he spent at A&M.

Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Agsuffering@bulaw
They may look bad to the fan, but the league knows how to dissect the film. And, moms trusted ausbon. Mind would throw to ausbon in tight windows. He would not throw like that to the other wrs.

This was not a football decision.
dcbowers
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

He will soon realize the best years of his life will be the time he spent at A&M.

Don't we all?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Leander - Ag
AG
Wish him the best of luck. He will not play in the NFL.
BigE42
AG
Seems like a great kid, and is a good college football player. But from a football perspective only, he's gotten bad advice -- look at the track record of those who leave the Ags early for the draft. it's not good. I'll be happy for him if he gets drafted.
Johnny Danger
AG
No way in hell the draft is the reason he's opting out.
Foxo
AG
TRaww said:

Who?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.