Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Nebraska hot mic

7,503 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BBQ4Me
aTm2004
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AFR because they hate the sips as much as we do.

Corn Pop
Good. Bunch of idiots and sheep we have in leadership roles.
GarryowenAg
AG
They make the official announcement yet?
W
AG
took 35 days to reverse course
TheWoodsAg
AG
Good for them. Nebraska was the one school at the beginning of this who called BS on the Big Ten and essentially accused them of playing politics. Once Ohio St got on board and started hammering the narrative along with Nebraska it took off.
Aggies2009
AG
Supposedly Michigan and Michigan State won't be playing, though. I wonder how much their governor has to do with that.

Serves em right, I guess.

It's pretty clear that this was a B1G power play, hoping to "lead the way" to cancellations. When that didn't happen, they quickly realized they'd have to reverse course, but couldn't do so immediately because everyone would see what their cancellation was all about.
W
AG
and going forward they need to change the rules to require a 2/3 vote to postpone or cancel the season.

make it 10 of 14 votes required --- that will protect the big football schools
rsf0626
Good to hear. The more CFB the better.

Still wont believe it until i see that official announcement
Iowaggie
AG
W said:

and going forward they need to change the rules to require a 2/3 vote to postpone or cancel the season.

I would love to hear the discussions on the revenue sharing.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Iowaggie said:

W said:

I would love to hear the discussions on the revenue sharing.

This is a great point it should be no play no pay.
cj774
AG
Somewhere in a West Coast office Larry Scott just swallowed hard.
Faustus
Sets up OSU or PSU nicely to slip into one of the four playoff spots along with Alabama and Clemson.

Assuming OU takes care of business against Texas, you have your likely four playoff spots.
dcbowers
AG
Faustus said:

Assuming OU takes care of business against Texas, you have your likely four playoff spots.

Because the Big12 is looking so strong this year.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
sharpdressedman
Aggies2009 said:

Supposedly Michigan and Michigan State won't be playing, though. I wonder how much their governor has to do with that.

It's pretty clear that this was a B1G power play, hoping to "lead the way" to cancellations. When that didn't happen, they quickly realized they'd have to reverse course, but couldn't do so immediately because everyone would see what their cancellation was all about.
The governor is all-in on the CV hysteria. UM and MSU getting left in the cold will seal her defeat at the polls. Both she and karma are *******. JMO
West Point Aggie
AG
FOMO...they has it!

The whole B1G cluster has been fun to watch!!
wbt5845
AG
gocobra
AG
Will this cause us to fall out of the top 10?
JP_Losman
AG
If Michigan and Michigan State aren't allowed to play... expect massive demonstrations outside of the university president's office as well as Whitmer's office.

My guess is entire Big 10 is about to announce all teams competing in a months time
AgCat93
AG
JP_Losman said:

If Michigan and Michigan State aren't allowed to play... expect massive demonstrations outside of the university president's office as well as Whitmer's office.

My guess is entire Big 10 is about to announce all teams competing in a months time

A month from now is mid-October. How many games would they play? That could create a scenario where a B1G team only played 8 games and gets a playoff spot ahead of a team which played 10 and possibly 11 games with a CCG.
AggieOO
dcbowers said:

Faustus said:

if OU goes undefeated, which is likely, they won't be shut out. Regardless of how bad the league is.
AggieOO said:

dcbowers said:

Faustus said:

if OU goes undefeated, which is likely, they won't be shut out. Regardless of how bad the league is.
Any P5 school that goes undefeated will get in.
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
wbt5845
AG
33 said:

AggieOO said:

dcbowers said:

Faustus said:

May be too many P5 schools undefeated in a shortened season. BDF has proven to usually be first man out due to barely being a P5 conference.
West Point Aggie
AG
If and when they play, the SEC Shorts will be fun!
West Point Aggie
AG
A sippy 10 school going undefeated means beating three schools that lost to the sun belt!!

Now THAT is a resume builder!
Actual Talking Thermos
wbt5845 said:

33 said:

AggieOO said:

dcbowers said:

Faustus said:

May be too many P5 schools undefeated in a shortened season. BDF has proven to usually be first man out due to barely being a P5 conference.
Theoretically the B12, SEC and ACC are all playing a lot of conference games with CCGs at the end. At most, one undefeated team could emerge from each of those conferences. Even assuming the B1G gets something off the ground in a month or so and we get an undefeated ACC Champ Clemson, and an undefeated SEC champ with a 1-loss SEC runner up (which I'm not quite sure is even possible with the extra conference games), an undefeated B12 champ would easily get in.

That still leaves a spot to go to either the SEC runner-up or I guess possibly an Ohio State team that went 5-0 against Penn, Rutgers, Indiana, Maryland and... Iowa or Minnesota or somebody?
Canyon99
Aggies2009 said:

So Mich and Mich St won't play but they are playing high school football in the state of Michigan? Strange.
R E L
AG
yells at clouds said:

Good. Bunch of idiots and sheep we have in leadership roles.

Solid analysis of the Trump administration!
TheWoodsAg
AG
gocobra said:

Will this cause us to fall out of the top 10?

No, playing. Alabama will do that.
dixichkn
AG
Is it confirmed that the Michigan schools aren't going to play?

I hope not. That would ensure a few less Dems in the government. They'd be toast.
A New Hope
Canyon99 said:

Aggies2009 said:

So Mich and Mich St won't play but they are playing high school football in the state of Michigan? Strange.
I love the Michigan governor. Worst in the country. Sooo politically biased in every decision.
BBQ4Me
AG
All the Big Ten teams are playing.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.