Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Ausbon foregoing last year

32,872 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Just Tired
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cliff Booth said:

Oscar Diggs said:

If he is still on an athletic scholarship as some posters have indicated, does this mean he still has access to team facilities and daily interaction with current players inside the facility?

This is concerning.
I highly doubt there is any chance he would still be allowed access to all that stuff.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

All Ausbon did is look at the lay of the land, who he was going to be playing with and how they were going to be coached, and decided he would be better off working on his own in preparation for the NFL than working with the team.

Training for the combine will be more valuable than if he took his game up a notch and had film to show it? That is his thinking?
Just Tired
whether ausbon's education is continuing to be covered by scholarship has nothing to do with ausbon individually. it is chump change in the scheme of the athletic budget. from a practical point of view the decision should be based on how it might affect the program moving forward, ie future recruiting.
isitjustme
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

All Ausbon did is look at the lay of the land, who he was going to be playing with and how they were going to be coached, and decided he would be better off working on his own in preparation for the NFL than working with the team.

Training for the combine will be more valuable than if he took his game up a notch and had film to show it? That is his thinking?
That is apparently what he thinks - I didn't say I agreed with him. But the departure of a lot of WRs who were expected to play large roles this season has been telling. They all decided it was better for them to bail rather than stay here. My only beef with Ausbon is he just should have done it before now.
agwrestler
AG
slyfox07 said:

ghowe said:

Makes absolutely no sense. Leaves me curious what else is going on...

99% sure it's Sully related
....so now a 2nd round pick in the BLMFL?
colekicker
AG
I'm of the opinion the NCAA needs to take a stand on this opt out early go to the draft crap.

The NCAA needs to hold these young men and women accountable for their decisions. Oh, you got 3 years of college paid for and didn't fulfill your commitment, pay it back! x2 or x3.

Saint Pablo
colekicker said:

I'm of the opinion the NCAA needs to take a stand on this opt out early go to the draft crap.

The NCAA needs to hold these young men and women accountable for their decisions. Oh, you got 3 years of college paid for and didn't fulfill your commitment, pay it back! x2 or x3.

Should they do that if a student on academic scholarship created a multimillion dollar startup and dropped out of school prior to their graduation date? Would you support that?
cupofjoe04
AG
colekicker said:

Student athletes didn't sign a commitment to play for 4 years, or even to compete their degree. They sign a LOI, which is an agreement to attend and play sports for that university for 1 year. They are reviewed and renewed annually by the school and the player as well.

So, there is nothing for them to "pay back" if they choose not to return at any point- especially x2 or x3. That is just petty. .
JustisWalkert
AG
Ausbon hasn't practiced in three weeks. Why did he wait until now to provide a reason?
BQDrummer85
AG
Jhanon = Quitter
Agsuffering@bulaw
So I don't believe Jhamon. He is an img kid for starters. He has always been about business. We never heard of any character concerns, and he was a captain.

I think he is butt hurt that the team would not hold out over the statue. He sees it as a matter of principle. I think he should re-evaluate, but his process is not irrational. And the woke movement runs very deep for some.

I don't think Q's process was unreasonable. That leaves Kendrick. Head cases do irrational things.
AgsNguyen
AG
agrab86 said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Quote:

That is apparently what he thinks - I didn't say I agreed with him. But the departure of a lot of WRs who were expected to play large roles this season has been telling. They all decided it was better for them to bail rather than stay here. My only beef with Ausbon is he just should have done it before now.

They both bailed right into being undrafted free agents who didn't come close to making an nfl team and are not even on a practice squad.
Just Tired
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

So I don't believe Jhamon. He is an img kid for starters. He has always been about business. We never heard of any character concerns, and he was a captain.

I think he is butt hurt that the team would not hold out over the statue. He sees it as a matter of principle. I think he should re-evaluate, but his process is not irrational. And the woke movement runs very deep for some.
this sounds likely to me.
Charlie 31
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

HollyB83
For the love of God may Mond decide to also sit out and start his career as a Walmart greeter a few months early.
Aston04
AG
img kids.
isitjustme
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

I don't think Q's process was unreasonable. That leaves Kendrick. Head cases do irrational things.
I don't know if he's lying or not. If it's about Sully, then announcing that would draw more attention to the statue removal cause. Also, didn't a 3rd WR or TE leave in the Spring making a total of 4 targets for Mond gone? Whether it's 3 or 4, that's a lot. You can explain away each of them separately, but together it's a bad sign. And I never said they made the correct choice, but they all made it for whatever reason.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Not saying you did. My point was just that circumstances make it hard for me to take ausbon's statement at face value.

Yes the situation sucks. Beal went into the transfer portal. Buckley got hurt for the season. Beal was not likely to play. He wanted out in November. jimbo persuaded him to stay for the bowl.

You raised a good point about Jhamon not going public. Isee 2 possible explanations: 1) his ego would not let him publicly admit defeat; and/or 2) he could not win, but going public would kill his nfl hopes. He wanted to win, not be a martyr.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Quote:

img kids.

Most are selfish, but most are disciplined and developed. That is ok, so long as interests align.

Sumlin needed a plug-n-play possession WR. Ausbon would have remained good had the woke movement not gotten to him. Sumlin probably survives '17, had Belieber not gotten hurt so early in the UCLA game.
Foxo
AG
I would be surprised if a coach would let someone who missed 2 weeks of practice come back. What's his name probably had no other choice.
W
AG
that's what's so insidious about these misguided social justice movements.

they convince people to act against their own self-interest...convince people to sabotage their own careers/future...for something that is not going to change...and of course make the leaders of these movements look good or wealthy or both
LesterHaze
ghowe said:

Makes absolutely no sense. Leaves me curious what else is going on...

The NFL has not been an elite league for 25+ years now. The players union had completely ruined it with free agency by the mid to late 90's. Who knows, JA might even make a team. What's become common, is that any player who stands no chance of becoming taller, stronger or faster by staying in college another year, just goes ahead and takes their NFL shot.
DSAG
Mostly Sunny Disposition said:

He tried to get the whole team to sit out with him, in the name of this faux social justice.

Good riddance. More speed on the field.
One big plus is that Demas will get a lot of touches in his absence.
BigE42
AG
Lame.
HighwaySix
AG
30wedge said:

McDadeTXAggie said:

Foxo said:

Last I checked .... Sully still stands.

Yeah, its had such a positive effect on campus and the athletic program
Sully has been there for decades and has had no negative effect. What is different now is that we have some of the kids on campus and some of the kids in the athletic program who got swept up in the national nonsense or have someone whispering in their ear what to think, say, do, and be offended by.
Ausbon the whisperer. Makes perfect sense considering Mond was under the spell but finally realized which side his bread was buttered on.
Madmarttigan
AG
If I had to hear one more time about how Mond and Ausbon were roommates at IMG.....
FattyDelights
Dont worry, the way NFL is going, there might not be much of anything for these kids to shoot for down the road. Hell, this season nobody gives a flying **** about.

It sucks but here we are.
Foxo
AG
Don't forget on Sunday .... go fishing or anything rather than watch NFL.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
vansprinkle said:

ColonelCoinCollector said:

send him a bill for this semester!!

He went to IMG, which is a heck of a lot more expensive than A&M. I'm sure his parents can afford it.
Good send them the bill
W
AG
ponder for a moment the players A&M has gotten from IMG...

Mond, Ausbon, Marichiol...

yeesh, um, maybe time to look elsewhere. They bring lots and lots of drama with them
TEXAS FINEST
Time to look deeper than just players...Its something within program going on for Ausbon to leave..LB won his case so its the program not players
Jack Cheese
AG
HateMeNowAggie said:

Time to look deeper than just players...Its something within program going on for Ausbon to leave..LB won his case so its the program not players

What "case"?
GigEmReggie
Hines v. Jimbo. Landmark case on whether opting out is due to program issues.
Just Tired
HateMeNowAggie said:

there is nothing surprising about players who signed on to play in a soft country club culture not loving the transition to a hard-nosed program trying to do what it takes to win. when players who arrived in feb-2019 or later start leaving for reasons other than playing time then i'll look into the program.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.