Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Reseating of Kyle

5,212 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by JustisWalkert
TommyBrady
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why did we reduce the capacity of Kyle equally across all sections instead of putting 50% capacity in the Field Box and Club seats and reduce the upper end zone seating to 5% to get to the overall 25% capacity?

Feel like we left a lot of money on the table reducing the high paying areas that people wanted and now having empty end zones because nobody wants to sit up in the nosebleeds anyway.
farmer95
AG
Is this a serious question? The model wasn't based on maximizing revenue, each section had the same distancing requirements.
TommyBrady
AG
The order is for overall capacity Not individual sections if you watched multiple games this weekend you'd see most had more people located on the sidelines in the best seats and then reduced more on the end zones. Some student sections were 50% capacity. Not allowing people to have their normal group of 8 or 10 tickets was stupid.
TexAggie1999
TommyBrady said:

The order is for overall capacity Not individual sections if you watched multiple games this weekend you'd see most had more people located on the sidelines in the best seats and then reduced more on the end zones. Some student sections were 50% capacity. Not allowing people to have their normal group of 8 or 10 tickets was stupid.
I agree with Farmer95. I'm surprised this is a serious question. The goal is to create as much distance as possible between the attendees to achieve social distancing and prevent the spread of COVID. The 25% capacity rule wasn't created arbitrarily. It had a goal. If you put higher capacity in "desirable" sections and lower capacity in less desirable sections, you aren't going to achieve the social distancing that the rule is trying to create.

Unless you are just trying to make a point that COVID should be ignored and that attempts shouldn't be made to stop the spread of the virus, I don't see how that was a serious question.
TommyBrady
AG
If you believe that each little group of people are not going to interact with other groups of people at the game then you are crazy. There's a difference in acting like people will stick to their designated locations and not mingle inside or outside the stadium and then there's reality. Acting like money isn't the ONLY reason we are playing is also laughable. Luckily we have guys like you who are the smartest guys in every room you walk in to keep us properly socially distanced.

Also if we go to 50% capacity then not allowing for larger groups will become even more of a ****show as you try to seat even more non related groups next to each other.
Alpha Texan
AG
Oh man. This thread has a lot of negative potential. We could be referencing it for years.
W
AG
A&M still has the capability to sell single game tickets.

and I suspect once the election has passed...that has a strong chance of happening for the Ole Miss and LSU games
TommyBrady
AG
My whole point was that selling tickets and having more unrelated people sitting next to each other in the future will increase spreading COVID way more than having a few more larger groups of related people sitting together. The plan was short sighted and not based in reality. Not thinking more than one step ahead seems to be a common theme at A&M.
BeefAg_00~
Put everyone on the front row.
ColoradoMooseHerd
Don't Feed The Troll
GigEmReggie
Please tell me the OP is a joke.
Post removed:
by user
TommyBrady
AG
Im sorry guys I want to apologize for all these other programs who didn't do an across the board reduction. As time has proven our athletic department and our single step thinking process has brought us great accomplishment in the sports world. I will troll no more in Sharp and Young I trust.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
TommyBrady said:

Im sorry guys I want to apologize for all these other programs who didn't do an across the board reduction. As time has proven our athletic department and our single step thinking process has brought us great accomplishment in the sports world. I will troll no more in Sharp and Young I trust.

Show me a school that lumped a bunch of people together?! I thought the longhorns did but it was a bunch of cardboard cutouts lol
TexAgs91
AG
Obligatory #benchoutkylefield
zephyr88
AG
End zone seats (even in the Rona)
My Name Is Judge
Why did we restrict anything for a nothingburger virus?
Texas Rooster
Just have anyone that wants to attend sign a waiver... sit where you damn well please. F the hyped up 'rona bs!
TexAggie1999
TommyBrady said:

If you believe that each little group of people are not going to interact with other groups of people at the game then you are crazy. There's a difference in acting like people will stick to their designated locations and not mingle inside or outside the stadium and then there's reality. Acting like money isn't the ONLY reason we are playing is also laughable. Luckily we have guys like you who are the smartest guys in every room you walk in to keep us properly socially distanced.

Also if we go to 50% capacity then not allowing for larger groups will become even more of a ****show as you try to seat even more non related groups next to each other.

If what you say is true and people are just going to mingle and not attempt to socially distance, then they should not allow anyone at the games. If fans are really that irresponsible, then they shouldn't be there.

I could possibly support society not treating COVID as a very major concern. You could debate how bad things would have gotten if we didn't shutdown due to the virus. However, the reality is that we as a society are going to take the virus seriously. If outbreaks occur, we are going to lock things down more and it will be even more devastating to our economy. If we don't want the economy to sink further, we need to act responsibly to prevent the spread of the virus. Part of the problem in the US is that we have too many irresponsible people who refuse to take precautions. People can disagree on how big of a health risk the virus is, but I don't see how anyone can disagree that it has a huge negative impact on our economy.

You apparently don't have to be the smartest guy in the room to be smarter than you.

TommyBrady
AG
are you a woman?
TexAggie1999
TxSeminole said:

Just have anyone that wants to attend sign a waiver... sit where you damn well please. F the hyped up 'rona bs!

If the virus spreads during the game, it doesn't just impact those at the game. It impacts everyone who those who get it come into contact with. Signing a waiver doesn't solve the problem.

This shouldn't be a difficult concept.

fire09
AG
We shouldn't have any football during flu season, right?
TexAggie1999
fire09 said:

We shouldn't have any football during flu season, right?

Does the flu cause us to shutdown the economy? The point is we know the spread of COVID will cause states to shutdown businesses. It will decimate the economy. Given that, people should be responsible and attempt to limit the spread.
fire09
AG
Protect the economy by shutting down sporting events that provide huge direct and indirect injection of discretionary funds into a local economy?

If you think that flu season won't be affecting shutdowns, can you help me understand why are schools ending their curriculum early this year?

TexAggie1999
fire09 said:

Protect the economy by shutting down sporting events that provide huge direct and indirect injection of discretionary funds into a local economy?

If you think that flu season won't be affecting shutdowns, can you help me understand why are schools ending their curriculum early this year?

TommyBrady was arguing that people weren't going to stick to their assigned seats and would mingle before, after, and during the game. If that is true, then it is going to spread COVID. If people are really going to act like that, then it would be better to not have fans at the game. Sporting events have minimal affeet to the overall US economy. They are huge to small towns like College Station, but not important in general.

And I seriously doubt schools are ending their curriculims early this year because of the flu. I am pretty certain the changes are all COVID related.
fire09
AG

As I understood it, shifting of the academic calendar is based around the idea that Covid will have a resurgence in the winter. A guess based upon the seasonal case loads of classic influenza. I have not seen conclusive data from any source showing a correlation between Covid and influenza outbreaks as it relates to the time of year. I should have clarified further in my comparison. I also hope you have had a chance to look at the recently adjusted CDC morbidity for Covid as it compares to influenza, by age. I'm sure you will draw a similar conclusion that we are shutting down the economy for a very small, high risk category of Americans.

Certainly one football game will not make or break an economy, however when you apply similar logic on a macro scale, and include bars, restaurants, concerts, it's easy to see how the skid propogates. This is where I question your original idea. We can both agree the economy will not survive in its current state in a holding pattern until a vaccine arrives.

Also, we are dancing around much larger ideological differences of personal responsibility and liberty. But that's not a conversation for the football forum.
JustisWalkert
AG
fire09 said:

Also, we are dancing around much larger ideological differences of personal responsibility and liberty. But that's not a conversation for the football forum.
You haven't been around lately, have you?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.