Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Question about YouTube TV

9,770 Views | 60 Replies | Last: 3 mo ago by Stat Monitor Repairman
spherical
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How's the dvr for sports? (Ex: Hulu sucked because you cant ffwd commercials on ESPN games)
dropkickaggie
AG
Do Hulu Live instead much more college football channels
Fannie Luddite
AG
spherical said:

How's the dvr for sports? (Ex: Hulu sucked because you cant ffwd commercials on ESPN games)
I can't get the record option to appear for Sling, even after contacting support. This applies to my smart TV and chrome browser. So in my case, an F for DVR.

Their help section does say you can ffwd through commercials.
Slyfox07
AG
Owned by those slime balls at google. Get Fubo instead
GSPag`
Please give me the advantages of Fubo. I had sling early on then went to YTTV, mad they kept going up. So even before COVID I cancelled it. Probably going back to Sling unless Fubo sounds better.
1997 AG
AG
spherical said:

IMO, it's good on You Tube TV. Can just tell it to record NCAA football and it records all games on all channels. Nothing else for you to do. Also, it will record until the game is over using interface with Google scores. No more having to add time on to a recording like I had to do with Direct TV.
aTm2004
AG
Yes, this is an awesome feature. You can also choose just to record a certain team, which it will do it the same.
LihaiAg06
AG
I heart YoutubeTV
Stat Monitor Repairman
These youtube tv people on crack with the commercials.

I counted 11 commercials in a row a few minutes ago.

This is fine for live sports but you trying to watch any other type of show and its an excessive amount of commercials.

Will cancel this at the end of the season due to the commercials. it's unwatchable and I think they somehow put in extra commercials and catch you not paying attention.
Done7
Commercial duration is the same for all TV carriers. Why do care about the number of commercials?
texag_89
Naked Hiker said:

Youtube TV is perfection. My only disappointment has been no weather channel for hurricane coverage. It's the perfect TV package, with unlimited dvr space.

Hitler,

TWC been available now for months. Go to youtubetv online - not on app but to the website - login, go into your settings and it will be something like "add channels". From there you go to the very bottom of the list and it should be there - you may have to check it or add it to you line-up. You can also arrange your channel lineup there to stack al the sports channels on top.

If it was not for Aggie baseball and the hundreds of movies we have recorded over the last 3-4 years on YTTV, it would be an Aug-Jan subscription for us.

_89
Seven Costanza
AG
One thing I wish they would add is the ability to save your spot in the playback of a dvr'd game. For example, you are catching up on a game, but you want to stop and watch another game for a few minutes, then go back to the original game. You would have to restart the dvr'd game and fast forward back to where you left off.
spherical
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

This is fine for live sports but you trying to watch any other type of show and its an excessive amount of commercials.

Will cancel this at the end of the season due to the commercials. it's unwatchable and I think they somehow put in extra commercials and catch you not paying attention.

Why would they want to air a commercial while you aren't paying attention?
spherical
AG
It kind of does but it's not super consistent.., especially when a game crosses a program window..

Never had an issue with movies or tv- it always keeps my sport…
Seven Costanza
AG
spherical said:

It kind of does but it's not super consistent.., especially when a game crosses a program window..

How? On YTTV with Roku, when you select a game your two options are "Join Live" or "Start from the beginning". If you "start from the beginning", watch the game and fast forward through commercials, change to another channel and then change back to that channel, your two choices are "Join Live" or "Start from the beginning".

Edit: ah, there is a setting that you have to toggle on to enable watch history. With that on, I now have to option to resume where I left off.
TXAG 05
AG

There can't be more commercials, otherwise the shows wouldn't line up right.
IslanderAg04
Have done fubo, youtube tv, and currently on a hululive/disney+, espn+ package. Espn+ gives you all you need. Could care less about disney plus but wife and kids use the hell out of it. Would like to pay to the mouse overlords then communists at alphabet. I miss fubo, but the rates kept going up and hulu live has been good so far.
Kenneth_2003
AG

It's not a YTTV thing. It's the network airing the games that have taken advantage of the clock rules changes to add additional commercial breaks, and they weight them earlier in games.

The prevailing thought with the clock rules tweak was that it would end games a few minutes earlier and either provide for some additional studio commentary or at a minimum prevent games over-running their slots. Nope! ESPN and Co added more commercials.
spherical
AG
Seven Costanza said:

spherical said:

How? On YTTV with Roku, when you select a game your two options are "Join Live" or "Start from the beginning". If you "start from the beginning", watch the game and fast forward through commercials, change to another channel and then change back to that channel, your two choices are "Join Live" or "Start from the beginning".

Edit: ah, there is a setting that you have to toggle on to enable watch history. With that on, I now have to option to resume where I left off.
oh bizzare - that must be default on ios and lg tv, it was just always there for me!
spherical
AG
IslanderAg04 said:

Have done fubo, youtube tv, and currently on a hululive/disney+, espn+ package. Espn+ gives you all you need. Could care less about disney plus but wife and kids use the hell out of it. Would like to pay to the mouse overlords then communists at alphabet. I miss fubo, but the rates kept going up and hulu live has been good so far.
but how much less could you care?
L8HIT
AG
One thing I really like from YouTube TV is you can sort the channels as you wish or eliminate them all together from being listed.
Stat Monitor Repairman
spherical said:

Why would they want to air a commercial while you aren't paying attention?
I'm telling y'all I went into a time warp and they were feeding me commercials non-stop for some indeterminate amount of time. Commercials are out of control.

Youtube tv feeding me straight commercials until I snapped out of it and change the ****

11 in a row and forgot what show I was watching.

Snapped to and didn't even know where I was or what I was doing.
spherical
AG
Mmm… sure your url doesn't end in .cz or .ru?
Fatboy Thaddeus
YouTubeTV needs a better Roku app. It's very hard to precisely scan to the start of a play. You'd think a company like Google could use AI to identify these moments and then snap the cursor to them. But whatever. The 4-view and DVR features are very nice.
Stat Monitor Repairman
They sneaking in more commercials. There's no doubt about it.
Stat Monitor Repairman
When you click on a show to start watching live it seems like YoutubeTV adds in a few commercials of its own before it joins the network feed ... which is usually on a commercial break.

I've seen this a couple times now.

Most times you try and start watching something it's on a commercial break, and if its not on a commercial break or close to a break, Youtube feeds its own commercials until the network goes to commercial break. So you end up watching a mountain of commercials before you can even get to the show.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.