Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

ESPN Initial Bowl Prediction

8,034 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Viper16
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Cotton vs sip or okie lite

Ick. We just played okie lite. And who wants A&M vs texass in the Cotton, during a pandemic? Turrible.
atm0812
AG
Any opportunity to beat the sips is a good time to play football. BTHOtu
Alpha Texan
AG
Solely based on the fact that there are about 40% fewer relevant teams playing this year, there's a much higher chance of us playing tu in a bowl game. Now combine that with the fact that we are both aiming for 7-9 wins. So I'm tellin' you there's a chance.
BMX Bandit
sounds like fake news.

every media outlet is required to project Aggies to Texas Bowl ever year.

Slamn Sharpe
Loud noises
TMartin
ESPN is paying tu $305M and desperate for viewers. Don't do it.
wisdom
AG
Bowl predictions???. .....Are we already that far along in thw season?? Time really flies. I mus have fallen asleep. Can someone please tell me what our W-L record is so far? Thanks in advance for the information.
BMX Bandit
wisdom said:

Bowl predictions???. .....Are we already that far along in thw season?? Time really flies. I mus have fallen asleep. Can someone please tell me what our W-L record is so far? Thanks in advance for the information.

Derp
Sterling82
TMartin said:

ESPN is paying tu $305M and desperate for viewers. Don't do it.

Yes, the complete collapse of tu's program is imminent due to not having a game with us.
TempleAg97
AG
If Big Ten doesn't pull a miracle and play in a few weeks, I'd say the chances of playing tu in the Cotton Bowl increase dramatically this year. We both have chances to be really good and there will be far fewer other matchup opportunities of opponents.
West Point Aggie
AG
TempleAg97 said:

If Big Ten doesn't pull a miracle and play in a few weeks, I'd say the chances of playing tu in the Cotton Bowl increase dramatically this year. We both have chances to be really good and there will be far fewer other matchup opportunities of opponents.

Don't forget that the fabric of the state has steadily unraveled since 2011...there will be lots of over emotional impetus to do this if the teams are remotely decent and NOT playoff bound.
tjack16
AG
So now we are mad they predict us going to a New Years 6 Bowl?
Evanhue
AG
I think it might be fun to kick their sorry asses one more time.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
And like most years we'll both have similar records and both sides will refuse to play each other and silently work the back channels to make sure it doesn't happen.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
zachsccr
AG
Problem might be that THIS is the year both programs would be needing the CA$H from a bowl game like that.
Reno Hightower
Mond vs Ehlinger? Yeah, that's not in A&M's favor.
Phoenix1
C@LAg said:

Imagine getting butthurt over a fictitious bowl selection before a single game has been played

I'm glad I'm not OP. That's got to be rough.
W
AG
TempleAg97 said:

exactly right. There just aren't that many teams in the mix this year.

if would be quite a shock if A&M were not in the Cotton or Texas or Alamo this year.

which means it's almost a 100% lock the Ags will be playing yet another Big 12 opponent in a bowl game
W
AG
note: the Alamo has an opening with the Pac-12's cancelled season...and it's local
W
AG
Reno Hightower said:

assuming both would play in the bowl game...you know draft prep and all
30wedge
I am just wondering why they didn't do the initial bowl projection in February or March, or right after the national championship game last year. Or during halftime of that game.
West Point Aggie
AG
W said:

note: the Alamo has an opening with the Pac-12's cancelled season...and it's local

As a resident of the SA area I'd welcome that!! The RW would be nuts!!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
This is actually a slight improvement in the typical bowl projections, that have A&M facing some Big 12 scrub in the Texas Bowl. Of course, that actually happened last season. I doubt we'll be playing Oklahoma State again, and I'm reasonably certain sippy isn't going to the Fiesta Bowl. Now they're just moving their typical lazy prediction a few hours up I-45.

I will concur that the chances that we get matched with sippy for a bowl game are high for this season, given the Big 10 and Pac 12's possible absence from the football scene.
BMX Bandit
Quote:

nd I'm reasonably certain sippy isn't going to the Fiesta Bowl.

Why not?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

Quote:

nd I'm reasonably certain sippy isn't going to the Fiesta Bowl.

Why not?
Because they suck?
BMX Bandit
They play in a terrible conference & only three power 5 conferences are playing football. Texas will most likely play in a NY6 game.
fightinag
wisdom said:

We are 1-6 but Mond is still starting !
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
tjack16
AG
Reno Hightower said:

Why not? If anything the QB matchup is even in this scenario.
MaroonStain
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

And like most years we'll both have similar records and both sides will refuse to play each other and silently work the back channels to make sure it doesn't happen.

Awesome!
"Thanks and Gig'em"
AWP 97
AG
StrykerAg said:

Cotton vs sip or okie lite

Ick. We just played okie lite. And who wants A&M vs texass in the Cotton, during a pandemic? Turrible.

I can see this happening because both teams are close and don't have to leave the State and can follow the same state guidelines for COVID, fans, etc.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
BMX Bandit said:

They play in a terrible conference & only three power 5 conferences are playing football. Texas will most likely play in a NY6 game.
That conference didn't become terrible all of a sudden. What is their record in conference over the last several years again?
Krautag81
Reno Hightower said:

This.
W
AG
well, the return of the B1G certainly changes the bowl outlook...especially the NY6.

will probably cost the SEC a 5th or 6th team in the CFP/NY6.

suggest putting any A&M-to-the-Cotton Bowl plans on hold
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.