Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

From the easiest schedule to one of the toughest

11,770 Views | 68 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by SinKiller
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
We are freaking cursed... this seasons schedule was perfect and of course we now get screwed. Ugh.

I had high hopes of a 1 loss team before but now it's probably 3
Ragnar Danneskjoldd
AG
Jimbo can beat anyone according to his salary
W
AG
I'm thinking 5-5.

feel good about Ole Miss, Arkansas, and South Carolina.

but Jimbo's teams have been terrible in true road games.

figure 2-3 on the road...and will have to beat LSU or Florida to reach 6-4
jagged
AG
How is it the hardest? UF who we beat in the swamp last time and UT?
Pumpkinhead
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

We are freaking cursed... this seasons schedule was perfect and of course we now get screwed. Ugh.

I had high hopes of a 1 loss team before but now it's probably 3

There may be only like a 20% chance the football season is even completed. This is 1 year where if you get any games at all, just be happy you got something. Complaining about the schedule is a luxury for a normal year.

Not to mention, any player during the season who tests positive for COVID is going to be suspended for at least 1-2 games. That is on top of the players who are deciding to opt out of the entire season. Saw today 6 players at Maryland are opting out.

So Which players are going to be available any given Saturday for each team is going to be significantly more random and dicey than a normal year. Whether any particular game is going to be 'easy' or 'hard'...well, first, tell me which players for each side are actually suiting up.
redd38
AG
Home schedule went from boring to exciting though. That's what we're in the SEC for, better games. If we wanted to play Vandy 6 times in a row we'd be in the Big 12.
W
AG
vs. Florida:

Dan Mullen (2020) >>> Jim McElwain (2017)
Hawk2007
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

Of course. There's a reason Jimbo can negotiate the salary size and length of a contract that he did, whereas most of the posters on this forum may enjoy commenting on NCAAF and Aggie football, but are unlikely to ever earn a dime in the industry.

At the end of the day, Jimbo is paid what he is paid to win. I would say he's paid what he is paid to coach, but he's the 5th highest paid coach in College football.... his compensation is not merely to keep the coach's seat warm and build future leaders in the private sector and sea of former students. Many football coaches from high school and college ball would work just as hard for a lot less money at a program with facilities and a stadium like A&M's.
GigEmReggie
Lolz at comparing UF this year to the 2017 4-7 UF.
JustisWalkert
AG
Could be worse. Missouri picked up Alabama and LSU
rootube
AG
Why do people brag about the greatness of the SEC and what a joke the Longhorn schedule is, then poop their pants when we have to play other SEC teams. This is what our schedule should be every year. We replaced some garbage with some games that will actually be enjoyable to watch.
Dolemite
AG
From a football fan perspective, I far prefer this schedule to the regular 12 game schedule littered with 3 cupcakes. Yes, our schedule got harder. But, you have to beat good teams to win a championship.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
JustisWalkert said:

lol we already play them!
davido
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

JustisWalkert said:

lol we already play them!

...every year. Welcome to the SEC west.
LatinAggie1997
AG
Easy, difficult, We will beat.....

W
AG
because there is something called "over kill"

and the law of diminishing returns
mcag83
AG
Good gracious OP. Tuck in your skirt.
Like anyone can even know that.
APHIS AG
Ragnar Danneskjoldd said:

That would be true but Jimbo is not in charge of the football team anymore, the players are.
aggie813
Our record will depend on the schedule dates, that's key. I would assume that the SEC will keep rivalry games the same, so we know that we get lsu last.

I also assume that the SEC would probably want to get the longest travel dates for each team out of the way as early as possible before "regular " flu season hits. This way they can work their way back geographically as cold weather hits, teams are closer to home. lsu vs A&M...Bama vs Auburn etc...

This is key because if we could play teams like Florida and Tennessee early, who are known as slow starters, we have a good chance at wins. Our longest road/home opponents are: Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Florida. Two easy and two hard opponents.

If we play these four teams first, get longest travel out of the way early, I say we go 8-2 at worst. We beat lsu no matter what, we lose to Bama and Auburn is a toss up.

If SEC doesn't take this approach, we are possibly looking at 4 losses.
West Point Aggie
AG
The expected and easily predictable TexAgs, BAS-enhanced whine fest...GOD dang we are a predictable bunch!

Florida fans seem overjoyed with getting A&M...we certainly strike no fear into teams...they seem happy to get revenge on JF...from his FSU days
Jbob04
AG
If we are as good as the kool aid drinkers have been saying all off season, then we should be able to beat Tenn and Florida.
GigEmReggie
aggie813 said:

Our record will depend on the schedule dates, that's key. I would assume that the SEC will keep rivalry games the same, so we know that we get lsu last.

I also assume that the SEC would probably want to get the longest travel dates for each team out of the way as early as possible before "regular " flu season hits. This way they can work their way back geographically as cold weather hits, teams are closer to home. lsu vs A&M...Bama vs Auburn etc...

This is key because if we could play teams like Florida and Tennessee early, who are known as slow starters, we have a good chance at wins. Our longest road/home opponents are: Tennessee, South Carolina, Vanderbilt and Florida. Two easy and two hard opponents.

If we play these four teams first, get longest travel out of the way early, I say we go 8-2 at worst. We beat lsu no matter what, we lose to Bama and Auburn is a toss up.

If SEC doesn't take this approach, we are possibly looking at 4 losses.
What does it matter how far teams travel during flu season? Travel is travel.
zephyr88
AG
So, it's ok to talk Natty with a cream puff schedule, but now that we actually have a strength of schedule worthy of a National Champion, the talks turn to "we are cursed"... actually, WE ARE BLESSED!!!

Earn It!
aggie813
Really? This is the year of perception. What does it really matter if I wear a mask? Does it really matter that white people are are killed by police more than black people?....perception, making people feel warm and fuzzy since March 2020.

Then why are we not playing a regular schedule? Look at MLB...AL west is playing NL west ect. Why isn't Seattle playing the Yankees? Just one example.
Ags4DaWin
Relax. Mond was never taking us to the promised land. All of yall that had high hopes for the season- we still had to get past bama and LSU with a very below average senior qb.

It wasn't gonna happen this year.
zooguy96
Tennessee will not be as difficult as people think. Guarantano sucks. They only won their last 6 because they played nobody. UK started a WR at QB and almost beat them. Mizzou's QB was out. Vandy (LOL). USCe (LOL). Indiana (Sucky B1G team). Their OL is alright (Sucked at rushing last year). Their DL is average. Guarantano is even more of a head case than Mond. Their receivers are inexperienced and average.

Course, if you talked to one of their fans, they still act like it's 1998. LOL.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
_mpaul
AG
To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Regardless of whether you are 10-2 against a weak schedule or 5-5 against a really tough schedule, you're the same team. One just makes you feel better about yourself than you really should.
DeangeloVickers
AG
It's no coincidencethentwo new guys picked up the hardest schedule possible
greg.w.h
AG
Very excited about this schedule in part because we are our own playoff as a conference. All P5. Really no place to hide weakness. We will know who we are.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
_mpaul said:

To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Regardless of whether you are 10-2 against a weak schedule or 5-5 against a really tough schedule, you're the same team. One just makes you feel better about yourself than you really should.

Much harder to win 3 or 4 hard games than 2 ... I don't care if you are the best team or not...
Slamn Sharpe
Troll
Quad Dog
AG
All my family in Arkansas is complaining they have the toughest schedule now.
cupofjoe04
AG
zooguy96 said:

(are: Tennessee) Course, if you talked to one of their fans, they still act like it's 1998. LOL.

Now where have I heard that before?
AWP 97
AG
Quad Dog said:

Actually, Arkansas does have the toughest cross division schedule.
halfastros81
AG
Quote:

Actually, Arkansas does have the toughest cross division schedule.

Doesn't really matter in the Hogs case. They weren't going to be a factor anyway.

How about Mizzou... added LSU and Bama. Talk about a schedule changer.

Whether or not A & M will be a factor ... only time will tell.

A positive in my mind.... a two loss SEC team could make the playoffs . Maybe even a 3 loss SEC team depending on what else happens around the country.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.