Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It's been a minute...

18,650 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ArbAg
Ol Rock
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mond who?

A little advice from an older Ag, Mond. America loves a comeback and we are forgiving by nature. Talk to an adult, man up and apologize, (we've all been ignorant to some extent many times) and try to be supportive of the fans you represent. Don't Crapernick your way out of College Station.

Also, great leaders build things that outlast them. If you wanted to start a campaign to raise $100 million to provide scholarships to under-privileged students you'd actually help people and you'd be forever remembered a hero. You'd actually not have to use your own money and just lend your star power and you'd be a freaking hero. Instead you used your QB1 status to ignorantly attack your ancestors good friend and accuse a keepers of the spirit of racism when the team has had it's share of....colorful characters.

Ask J-train, ask McGee, ask Lane, ask any of these greats ftom our past. You don't have to be great always in the field. You could be remembered positively for years to come, or you can keep it up and progress towards the byword you seemed destined to become.

Again I ask, which Mond do you want to be remembered as?
Darth Randy
This guy sucks
Oldfart2
Ol Rock said:

Mond who?

A little advice from an older Ag, Mond. America loves a comeback and we are forgiving by nature. Talk to an adult, man up and apologize, (we've all been ignorant to some extent many times) and try to be supportive of the fans you represent. Don't Crapernick your way out of College Station.

Also, great leaders build things that outlast them. If you wanted to start a campaign to raise $100 million to provide scholarships to under-privileged students you'd actually help people and you'd be forever remembered a hero. You'd actually not have to use your own money and just lend your star power and you'd be a freaking hero. Instead you used your QB1 status to ignorantly attack your ancestors good friend and accuse a keepers of the spirit of racism when the team has had it's share of....colorful characters.

Ask J-train, ask McGee, ask Lane, ask any of these greats ftom our past. You don't have to be great always in the field. You could be remembered positively for years to come, or you can keep it up and progress towards the byword you seemed destined to become.

I think it's too late for Mond to have a choice in the matter.
Morgan94
AG
Someone needs to get in this kids ear. Wow some really stupid comments he's making.
Ol Rock
AG
You're probably right
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
Ol Rock said:

Mond who?

With all due respect to an older Ag, this is clearly not true. Kaepernick has donated 1.1 million of his own money and from the beginning dedicated his time to equity causes but you still call him "Crapernick."

Mond can use his platform for what he believes in but you just want it to match what you believe in. He may lack tact at 21/22 but I can forgive him for that.
Madmarttigan
AG
JT said:

texag101 said:

Jimbo needs to call a lot of QB running plays.

actually good advice... play to his strengths which are not passing and decision-making.

Except he is also horrendous at running the ball for being a "dual threat"
Mister Mystery Guest
No player in the history of Aggie athletics has singlehandedly contributed as much as Kellen Mond to a decrease of athletic department revenue. And he wants to get paid.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Too bad Texas doesn't have Publix stores or he could try to get some free crab legs.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
Mond's current priorities in order of importance:
- Getting rid of Sully
- Protesting
- Racial equality
- Supporting BLM
- Getting paid more
- Playing football
- Education
Texas Rooster
But those Krab legs are the real deal bro! Not like our fakeazz idiot QB that needs to go!
Txag12345
You guys do realize the NCAA unanimously voted last year to do exactly what Kellen is saying, right?
aeon-ag
Naveronski said:

If it's "been a minute" since they got paid, what are the details on it?

HERE COME DA NCAA!!!!!!
heineman78
This takes a ton of balls.

Let's put this in another context. I get a job straight out of high school essentially making 20 to 50 K per year and learning and honing my craft, while having the opportunity to make multi millions at 23 years old. How many of us wouldn't take that?

While I am doing that I am going to insult my company on social media and drag them through the mud. Then I'm going to ask my boss for more money?

What world is he living in. Because That just wouldn't fly in the real world.
Geriatric Punk
AG
knee jerk reactions are rarely a good thing.
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Colonel A. 1976
AG
Please Please Please JUST GO AWAY...
Col. A 1976
wangus12
AG
JP_Losman said:

I wonder if the swimming team or golf or track team will be getting paid?
Surely.
Nope. They'll end up being dissolved and becoming club sports. If players start getting paid, it needs to be all student athletes and no athletics department can afford that. Like Brady Quinn said, they'll end up costing other sports and athletes their scholarships while these kids get that 100k+ education for free + a paycheck.

Jbob04
AG
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Ol Rock said:

Mond who?

With all due respect to an older Ag, this is clearly not true. Kaepernick has donated 1.1 million of his own money and from the beginning dedicated his time to equity causes but you still call him "Crapernick."

Mond can use his platform for what he believes in but you just want it to match what you believe in. He may lack tact at 21/22 but I can forgive him for that.

You went 5 years without posting but all this Mond stuff brings you out to start posting again?
Just Tired
tv1113 said:

JT said:

texag101 said:

Jimbo needs to call a lot of QB running plays.

actually good advice... play to his strengths which are not passing and decision-making.

Except he is also horrendous at running the ball for being a "dual threat"

you are confusing "scrambling"... which requires decision-making and a feel for the game he doesn't have... with called qb runs.
tjack16
AG

Spyderman
AG
All athletic scholarships should be eliminated.

Statues are dumb...rid the campus of them.

Please, someone find a decent entrance song for Kyle.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
merch
Better yet Buckley, how about Mond takes ownership for what he says. Words have meaning. If he means something else, he is a big boy, he can say what he means.

Remember, with all the dumb things he has said recently he is not going to get the benefit of the doubt from many people. This is a perfect example of what happens when you breed division. If Mond had not spent his summer doing so and this was his first tweet, nobody would be jumping all over him. We reap what we sow.

If college season gets canceled, does that mean we have to endure this for another year....Not sure ATM can afford to do so.
MagnumLoad
I was thinking the same thing, that he is referring to stipend payments. I do not think Kellen is stupid. And stipends are needed because it is not really possible to play football, go to school, and have a part time job
Jbob04
AG
MagnumLoad said:

I was thinking the same thing, that he is referring to stipend payments. I do not think Kellen is stupid. And stipends are needed because it is not really possible to play football, go to school, and have a part time job

How did college athletes of the past get by? Never was a problem before.
NSTN8
Naveronski said:

If it's "been a minute" since they got paid, what are the details on it?

These guys have been put on a pedestal so much that they lose some of their sense of reality. I mean, really it isn't their fault. This is what our fandom has created, but do you know what I would have done to be able to say I played football for Texas A&M? The hard fact is very few of us were born with freak athlete genetics. No amount of weight lifting, practice or anything else can get a person past the fact that they are not born with athletic genes. What I would have done to be able to play football at my school and savor the glory of that thought! ... and have my school paid for.

Edit... if he is talking about stipends, I can understand that. You have to eat and they do spend alot of time practicing, etc. - for our entertainment. Hard to have a job like that. Fair is fair. Just being fair.
Just Tired
MagnumLoad said:

he obviously has the contact information for the people who could actually solve this problem... wouldn't getting in touch with them be more effective than being a twitter drama queen... unless you are addicted to being a twitter drama queen.
AGHouston11
AG
Stipends are needed?

What for to buy sidewalk chalk?

Broncos
Good luck ever getting 5 star recruits if you aren't going to give them a stipend. Seems like a lot of you don't ever want to compete.
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Here's the thing..... even if he's just talking about his stipend check that he hasn't received "in a minute" why can't he just talk to the coaches, or someone at the University instead of tweeting something out to the whole world?

He clearly just likes trolling the world instead of being an adult and addressing a situation the way it should be handled. But that's kind of how the new world works right now..... run off to twitter, Facebook, Instagram instead of taking something up directly with the people it needs taken up with.

It's just juvenile.
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Spyderman said:

Please, someone find a decent entrance song for Kyle.
I think some folks in Austin will make you a good deal on an old mistral song. I think it is called I've been working on the railroad.
vander54
S
Broncos said:

Good luck ever getting 5 star recruits if you aren't going to give them a stipend. Seems like a lot of you don't ever want to compete.

They are just looking for reasons to grow their hate.
Callate Donnie
The amount of grown men on here calling Mond a drama queen before getting any context on a tweet from a kid in college is down right comical.
merch
Player To Be Named Later said:

Here's the thing..... even if he's just talking about his stipend check that he hasn't received "in a minute" why can't he just talk to the coaches, or someone at the University instead of tweeting something out to the whole world?

Bingo

He clearly just likes trolling the world instead of being an adult and addressing a situation the way it should be handled. But that's kind of how the new world works right now..... run off to twitter, Facebook, Instagram instead of taking something up directly with the people it needs taken up with.

It's just juvenile.
neAGle96
AG
I cant think of a more divisive "leader" we have ever had.

I now believe Sumlin's biggest mistake was not recruiting Jarret Stidham
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Callate Donnie said:

The amount of grown men on here calling Mond a drama queen before getting any context on a tweet from a kid in college is down right comical.

I don't know, I grew up in an era where if you had an issue or a question with something.... .especially money you feel you are owed, you went and called or talked to the person/entity who you're expecting money from. I get it, I'm old, but that would seem like the non dramatic, adult thing to do.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.