Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

It's been a minute...

18,806 Views | 120 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by ArbAg
Jbob04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
vander54 said:

Broncos said:

Good luck ever getting 5 star recruits if you aren't going to give them a stipend. Seems like a lot of you don't ever want to compete.

They are just looking for reasons to grow their hate.

We don't have to look for reasons, Mond and the AD give us plenty.
ArbAg
AG
Callate Donnie said:

The amount of grown men on here calling Mond a drama queen before getting any context on a tweet from a kid in college is down right comical.

The number of grown men excusing his adolescent and pretentious ramblings is pathetic.
schmellba99
AG
Spyderman said:

All athletic scholarships should be eliminated.

Statues are dumb...rid the campus of them.

Please, someone find a decent entrance song for Kyle.
0 for 3
cavscout96
AG
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

Ol Rock said:

Mond who?

A little advice from an older Ag, Mond. America loves a comeback and we are forgiving by nature. Talk to an adult, man up and apologize, (we've all been ignorant to some extent many times) and try to be supportive of the fans you represent. Don't Crapernick your way out of College Station.

Also, great leaders build things that outlast them. If you wanted to start a campaign to raise $100 million to provide scholarships to under-privileged students you'd actually help people and you'd be forever remembered a hero. You'd actually not have to use your own money and just lend your star power and you'd be a freaking hero. Instead you used your QB1 status to ignorantly attack your ancestors good friend and accuse a keepers of the spirit of racism when the team has had it's share of....colorful characters.

Ask J-train, ask McGee, ask Lane, ask any of these greats ftom our past. You don't have to be great always in the field. You could be remembered positively for years to come, or you can keep it up and progress towards the byword you seemed destined to become.

Again I ask, which Mond do you want to be remembered as?

With all due respect to an older Ag, this is clearly not true. Kaepernick has donated 1.1 million of his own money and from the beginning dedicated his time to equity causes but you still call him "Crapernick."

Mond can use his platform for what he believes in but you just want it to match what you believe in. He may lack tact at 21/22 but I can forgive him for that.
to whom?
Spyderman
AG
pepe the dog said:

Spyderman said:

I think some folks in Austin will make you a good deal on an old mistral song. I think it is called I've been working on the railroad.
nope
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Spyderman
AG
schmellba99 said:

Spyderman said:

All athletic scholarships should be eliminated.

Statues are dumb...rid the campus of them.

0 for 3
We can dream though?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
Nothing against the guy but he's really showing that he has poor judgment or is just not all that intelligent.
Callate Donnie
ArbAg said:

Callate Donnie said:

The amount of grown men on here calling Mond a drama queen before getting any context on a tweet from a kid in college is down right comical.

The number of grown men excusing his adolescent and pretentious ramblings is pathetic.
I'm sure you never said anything stupid when you were his age 40+ years ago. FFS

Regardless, everyone jumped all over him on this thread without even knowing what he was talking about. Flame on, my man. I appreciate the laughs.
vander54
S
Jbob04 said:

vander54 said:

Broncos said:

Good luck ever getting 5 star recruits if you aren't going to give them a stipend. Seems like a lot of you don't ever want to compete.

They are just looking for reasons to grow their hate.

We don't have to look for reasons, Mond and the AD give us plenty.

If that makes you feel better go ahead.
AGHouston11
AG
He knows exactly what he's doing. Don't make excuses for him.
ArbAg
AG
Callate Donnie said:

ArbAg said:

Callate Donnie said:

I'm sure you never said anything stupid when you were his age 40+ years ago. FFS

Regardless, everyone jumped all over him on this thread without even knowing what he was talking about. Flame on, my man. I appreciate the laughs.

Big difference, when we made uninformed statements, we were corrected by mentors, friends, professors and coaches who did not have to concern themselves with political correctness - and we learned from the experience! Further, we weren't representing A&M in a public capacity and blessed with all the benefits and advantages Mond has been extended.
Whether Mond recognizes it or not and, whether you want to admit it or not, Mond has damaged the unified spirit among students and former students and it will have negative implications for both himself and A&M going forward.
JustisWalkert
AG
Mond is like herpes in many ways.
NyAggie
AG
Quote:

Here's the thing..... even if he's just talking about his stipend check that he hasn't received "in a minute" why can't he just talk to the coaches, or someone at the University instead of tweeting something out to the whole world?

He clearly just likes trolling the world instead of being an adult and addressing a situation the way it should be handled. But that's kind of how the new world works right now..... run off to twitter, Facebook, Instagram instead of taking something up directly with the people it needs taken up with.

It's just juvenile.

Agree, but this what growing up with social media has done to today's kids

Agsuffering@bulaw
Crap like this makes me think Mond fails. The QBs making it long term are about football first, and maybe supermodels on the side. They stay the heck away from public controversy, and are aware of their limited ability to articulate their views.

Mond's arm talent alone probably gets him a late draft pick. He also probably gets a chance with 3-4 NFL teams before finally getting kicked to the curb. Garrett Gilbert played for 7 different NFL teams and is still on a roster. He has attempted 3 NFL passes. Arm talent and enough sense not to create controversy.

Were Mond more articulate, he could have at least tied his demand to some free-market principles. Most can understand that.

The funny thing is that Kapernick kept his mouth shut and ran Harbaugh's system to the superbowl. He did not go full woketard until after he had some cred. Mond does not even have that.
HighwaySix
AG
Mond, once again, is proving himself to be very immature, reckless and greedy all at the same time. Imagine that privilege to be able to say anything you want and no one can do anything about it.
HighwaySix
AG
Mister Mystery Guest said:

No player in the history of Aggie athletics has singlehandedly contributed as much as Kellen Mond to a decrease of athletic department revenue. And he wants to get paid.
It's like the Captain of the Titanic demanding a raise as the ship goes down.
fightinag
Jimbo needs to have a "COME To JESUS" meeting with Mond.
If Mond doesn't listen ........... he can ride the bench.
With his play it cant be that much of a dropoff
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
fightinag
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

Nothing against the guy but he's really showing that he has poor judgment or is just not all that intelligent.
maybe BOTH
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
RG20
Quote:

I was thinking the same thing, that he is referring to stipend payments. I do not think Kellen is stupid. And stipends are needed because it is not really possible to play football, go to school, and have a part time job
So, they ARE being paid already.
Callate Donnie
ArbAg said:

Callate Donnie said:

ArbAg said:

Callate Donnie said:

Big difference, when we made uninformed statements, we were corrected by mentors, friends, professors and coaches who did not have to concern themselves with political correctness - and we learned from the experience! Further, we weren't representing A&M in a public capacity and blessed with all the benefits and advantages Mond has been extended.
Whether Mond recognizes it or not and, whether you want to admit it or not, Mond has damaged the unified spirit among students and former students and it will have negative implications for both himself and A&M going forward.
Hate to break it to you, but the unified spirit you speak of was broken long before Mond got here.

Still...how is what you are saying relevant to the dog pile assumptions that Mond was seeking to be paid to pay, when he was talking about a living stipend (which aren't new and have been around since 2015)? Strawman on the politics board, bud. Not here. You damage the unified spirit among students and former students when you hijack threads with your own personal distaste for someone.
GumboMaverick
MagnumLoad said:

I was thinking the same thing, that he is referring to stipend payments. I do not think Kellen is stupid. And stipends are needed because it is not really possible to play football, go to school, and have a part time job
Uh why take to twitter to ask? Doesnt he have a contact at the school to go ask about it?

Bad decisions (all Social media leads to bad decisions)
Callate Donnie
GumboMaverick said:

Social media leads to bad decisions)
Now that I will agree with.
mitchdpm
AG
Callate Donnie said:

ArbAg said:

Callate Donnie said:

ArbAg said:

Callate Donnie said:

Hate to break it to you, but the unified spirit you speak of was broken long before Mond got here.

Still...how is what you are saying relevant to the dog pile assumptions that Mond was seeking to be paid to pay, when he was talking about a living stipend (which aren't new and have been around since 2015)? Strawman on the politics board, bud. Not here. You damage the unified spirit among students and former students when you hijack threads with your own personal distaste for someone.

YOU obviously have an agenda and an ideology that is sneaking into your posts here on TexAgs. Yet here you are lecturing others about the same thing. Seems pretty woke.
TXAggie2011
AG
Player To Be Named Later said:

Callate Donnie said:

I don't know, I grew up in an era where if you had an issue or a question with something.... .especially money you feel you are owed, you went and called or talked to the person/entity who you're expecting money from. I get it, I'm old, but that would seem like the non dramatic, adult thing to do.
Do you know if he has or has not taken it up with the persons/entity he's expecting his money from? Did you ask Kellen Mond that question? Have you taken your issue with Kellen Mond up with Kellen Mond?

Or are you just making and assumption and complaining about an issue anonymously on the internet?

TXAggie2011
AG
There are folks hating on Mond who have themselves argued on here for athletes to get more of the financial pie.

We have references to Colin Kaepernick, the Sul Ross statue, BLM, and a slew of other stupid red herrings.

The whole damn thread is full of folks with an agenda and ideology.
85AustinAg
AG
Multiple responses on twitter from other student athletes confirmed that this was about a stipend.
Loyalty
AG
Ol Rock said:

Mond who?

A little advice from an older Ag, Mond. America loves a comeback and we are forgiving by nature. Talk to an adult, man up and apologize, (we've all been ignorant to some extent many times) and try to be supportive of the fans you represent. Don't Crapernick your way out of College Station.

Also, great leaders build things that outlast them. If you wanted to start a campaign to raise $100 million to provide scholarships to under-privileged students you'd actually help people and you'd be forever remembered a hero. You'd actually not have to use your own money and just lend your star power and you'd be a freaking hero. Instead you used your QB1 status to ignorantly attack your ancestors good friend and accuse a keepers of the spirit of racism when the team has had it's share of....colorful characters.

Ask J-train, ask McGee, ask Lane, ask any of these greats ftom our past. You don't have to be great always in the field. You could be remembered positively for years to come, or you can keep it up and progress towards the byword you seemed destined to become.

Again I ask, which Mond do you want to be remembered as?
Too late
Loyalty
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Crap like this makes me think Mond fails. The QBs making it long term are about football first, and maybe supermodels on the side. They stay the heck away from public controversy, and are aware of their limited ability to articulate their views.

Mond's arm talent alone probably gets him a late draft pick. He also probably gets a chance with 3-4 NFL teams before finally getting kicked to the curb. Garrett Gilbert played for 7 different NFL teams and is still on a roster. He has attempted 3 NFL passes. Arm talent and enough sense not to create controversy.

Were Mond more articulate, he could have at least tied his demand to some free-market principles. Most can understand that.

The funny thing is that Kapernick kept his mouth shut and ran Harbaugh's system to the superbowl. He did not go full woketard until after he had some cred. Mond does not even have that.
Agree.

It's almost as if Mond is creating a diversion cause maybe he's scared. It's his last year and he knows all the pressure is on him with no more excuses. If/when he doesn't perform he's got an excuse...a distraction to blame. He can say that he was stuck at a "racist" university that hated him and it affected his ability to perform. Especially if Sully stays up, perfect fall back for him.

Its just weird that a kid from an upper middle class neighborhood who was widely accepted and loved at Reagan High School in San Antonio by all races, he seems to have a lot of bitterness anger.
AGHouston11
AG
Round Rock AG said:

Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Agree.

It's almost as if Mond is creating a diversion cause maybe he's scared. It's his last year and he knows all the pressure is on him with no more excuses. If/when he doesn't perform he's got an excuse...a distraction to blame. He can say that he was stuck at a "racist" university that hated him and it affected his ability to perform. Especially if Sully stays up, perfect fall back for him.

Its just weird that a kid from an upper middle class neighborhood who was widely accepted and loved at Reagan High School in San Antonio by all races, he seems to have a lot of bitterness anger.

Well Kapernick didn't grow up in poverty either!
SinKiller
ClearlyJustSomeAg said:

He's gotta read Texags. I hope he lights it up this year
Can't never could...
Player To Be Named Later
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

Player To Be Named Later said:

Callate Donnie said:

I don't know, I grew up in an era where if you had an issue or a question with something.... .especially money you feel you are owed, you went and called or talked to the person/entity who you're expecting money from. I get it, I'm old, but that would seem like the non dramatic, adult thing to do.
Do you know if he has or has not taken it up with the persons/entity he's expecting his money from? Did you ask Kellen Mond that question? Have you taken your issue with Kellen Mond up with Kellen Mond?

Or are you just making and assumption and complaining about an issue anonymously on the internet?

Nothing inconsistent on my end. I'd think tweeting about is silly even given your scenario. But I'm a fan of keeping most of my business private.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Speckled Trout said:

Kellen Mond has zero self awareness. Ironically enough, that statement applies equally both on and off the football field for him.
You guys literally have no idea what he's even talking about
Callate Donnie
mitchdpm said:

YOU obviously have an agenda and an ideology that is sneaking into your posts here on TexAgs. Yet here you are lecturing others about the same thing. Seems pretty woke.
My "agenda" is that I'm tired of seeing people sing "we are the Aggies, the Aggies are we," when they really mean, "we are the Aggies, unless your socio/political views are different than mine, which in that case you can go get eff'd, you woke libtard." My "agenda" is that I read posts like the one on this thread calling Mond an embarrassment to A&M while gray haired Old Army Aggies are caught on film asking, "Are you a Blackie or an Aggie." Seriously, which is more embarrassing? A college kid taking a liberal stance and making his political beliefs known, or a senior citizen making gaffs like that (regardless of whether it was "well intentioned".)

F
F
S
AG
A_Gang_Ag_06 said:

Both. And the former stems from the latter.
playoverruled
Mond is playing people if he was serious he'd opt out
Playoverruled

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.