Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

TCU schedules Week 0 game vs. UNLV

4,152 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Gil Renard
12th Man Stan Account
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It looks like they've opted to replace their canceled game at Cal with a matchup vs. UNLV

I know Ross Bjork was talking with TCU as a potential replacement for the Colorado game we lost. I guess that is off the table now.

carl spacklers hat
I'm guessing the TCU folks got a tap on the shoulder from the Big XII to cease and decist with the A&M discussions. It does that conference no good to have A&M stovepipe TCU in a regular season matchup.
Al Bula
AG
Pansy-ass TCU didn't wanna make the streak 25-0 against Daddy.
NoahAg
carl spacklers hat said:

I'm guessing the TCU folks got a tap on the shoulder from the Big XII to cease and decist with the A&M discussions. It does that conference no good to have A&M stovepipe TCU in a regular season matchup.
I doubt it. I think you overestimate how much the Big 12 cares about us.
aTm2004
AG
They had the option to replace a game with an easy W, so they did. Scheduling a game against us would most likely be a L.
West Point Aggie
AG
Smart move by them...
W
AG
hmmn, wanted nothing do with playing Bama --- the slot was open
W
AG
yep, it's been 47 years now since the Frogs have beaten the maroon-n-white
VatoLocoAggie
Brah. They know they would get humiliated by us. We'd have the bench players playing after the first series of the third quarter. Spread to cover would have been 35+.

Nah. Horny Toads know they can take a gimme win against a trash opponent instead of playing a Cant Win game against us.

I really don't want to play them anyways. They only have a few dozen loyal fans and the rest leave games before halftime if they even show up which is rare.

Toads suck!
Gil Renard
AG
I'm guessing their 500 fans that follow Tcu are not excited
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
Just the thought of TCU scheduling us caused Gary Patterson to break out in a sweat.

Come to think of it walking across the street causes Gary Patterson to break out in a sweat.

NM
jrwoodchuck
VatoLocoAggie said:

Brah. They know they would get humiliated by us. We'd have the bench players playing after the first series of the third quarter. Spread to cover would have been 35+.

Nah. Horny Toads know they can take a gimme win against a trash opponent instead of playing a Cant Win game against us.

I really don't want to play them anyways. They only have a few dozen loyal fans and the rest leave games before halftime if they even show up which is rare.

Toads suck!

Kinda like y'all were going to do with this years OOC, right?
TexAggie1999
carl spacklers hat said:

Seriously? We have some crazy arrogance thinking everything is about us. Was there ANY talk outside of fans that would suggest a game against TCU was even being discussed?

And it does no good for the SEC or A&M if we played TCU and lost.
Gil Renard
AG
Our AD talked to TCU is all we know
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.