Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Would an all-conference schedule mean no Jerry World vs. Arkie???

4,097 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by GoldenGun00
SuperAg09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just curious if anyone knows what would happen to the status of the game at Jerry World if we went to an all conference schedule? Are we still obligated to play there?
rootube
AG
I think it's unlikely we even have a season. If we do have a season, it's going to be stripped down and weird. The very least of my concerns is if we will play in Jerry World. Of course, given Jerry's reputation, he is going to want a pound of flesh if we try to get our of our contract.
cajunaggie08
AG
I'm sure Jerry will give us a favorable deal where he lets us do 2 years of home and home in exchange for 16 more years at Jerryworld
greg.w.h
AG
For what it's worth: Prosper High School was scheduled to hold graduation at The Star. Go the impression the cancellation was mutual and they held it a few days later at their own, new stadium spread out.
W
AG
better play the game at Jerryworld in 2020.

I shudder to think what kind of mind-numbing deal A&M officials would agree to...if the 2020 game is moved.

Agsuffering@bulaw
This is the year to play it in Jerryworld. Kyle would only be half full. Let Jerry take the hit.
W
AG
and of course Jerryworld was barely half full last year without the virus.

attendance ~ 51,000
TexAg75
AG
For what it's worth, I believe that we are the home team in 2020.
zephyr88
AG
W said:

attendance ~ 51,000
might have something to do with the price of the ticket...

or the parking...

or the food...

or the beer...
West Point Aggie
AG
W said:

I shudder to think what kind of mind-numbing deal A&M officials would agree to...if the 2020 game is moved.

Although I like bjork so far as AD, I'm guessing he will extend this silly neutral site crap well past 2024...especially is Jerry offers more $$ and after this cluster of a year...
TheWoodsAg
AG
zephyr88 said:

W said:

attendance ~ 51,000
might have something to do with the price of the ticket...

or the parking...

or the food...

or the beer...

Or the fact that Arkansas sucks and we were 2-2...
EKUAg
AG
Good for social distancing.
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Jerry will have Spaulding disinfect the Death Star.
Old RV Ag
AG
West Point Aggie said:

W said:

Although I like bjork so far as AD, I'm guessing he will extend this silly neutral site crap well past 2024...especially is Jerry offers more $$ and after this cluster of a year...
mmmk
West Point Aggie
AG
Old RV Ag said:

West Point Aggie said:

W said:

mmmk

Well
He has not done anything dumb or embarrassed the school...he's basically just kept steering and hasn't crashed. So that's good. No significant hires yet...I mean did he hire the Vball coach? She seems decent...
Post removed:
by user
Agsuffering@bulaw
Bjork criticizes the game last year. Bjork is a yes man. The overwhelming majority of fans don't like the game. I doubt enough bigs are pushing for its extension. Bjork knows it makes selling season tickets harder in even years.

Jerry could probably back up a big enough brinks truck, but I doubt he does. Jerry is loyal, but not Phil Knight loyal.
Wicked Good Ag
West Point Aggie said:

Old RV Ag said:

West Point Aggie said:

W said:

mmmk

Well
He has not done anything dumb or embarrassed the school...he's basically just kept steering and hasn't crashed. So that's good. No significant hires yet...I mean did he hire the Vball coach? She seems decent...

Umm you do know the VB coach is on her third year this coming season. And so what you are saying is he had a hand in the coach for VB and then someone else did the BB hire ??
West Point Aggie
AG
Wicked Good Ag said:

West Point Aggie said:

Old RV Ag said:

West Point Aggie said:

W said:

mmmk

Well

Umm you do know the VB coach is on her third year this coming season. And so what you are saying is he had a hand in the coach for VB and then someone else did the BB hire ??

Is she really on her third year? Shows how much I care or follow Vball. Bottom line Woodward hired Buzz...not Bjork. It was Woodward's last big splash before bolting for LSU.
Memphis 7
People that get paid very well aren't even playing sports right now, no college is going to make young adults play a sport so they can pay for school during all of this. Flying, hotels, it takes hundreds of people to put on the game.

Football isn't happening.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I see tens of millions of reasons to the contrary. Most athletic departments cannot function w/o tv money.

Most p5s could not charge as much tuition nor attract the Applicant pool.

The situation would have to get dire before the p5s pulled the plug.
GoldenGun00
AG
Better to cash Jerry's check while playing in front of no fans than to pay to do it at Kyle this season.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.