Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Chick Fil A Bowl vs Duke

5,736 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by T-Shizzle
RuffStuff87
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Just started on espnU
TyperWoods
Johnny willing the team to victory.
spherical
AG
Its a condensed game? might give it an hour before joining
Gil Renard
AG
Peach Bowl classic
W
AG
the defense only makes 2 plays in the entire game...but they were big ones at the end
W
AG
wonder if this was the program's only win in the state of Georgia or the city of Atlanta
txagbear
Unwatchable if I didn't know the outcome. Our defense was horrendous
W
AG
no and no.

the Bear's 1954 team got a win in Athens.

and Gene's 1965 team got a win at Georgia Tech
EllisCoAg
AG
Down 21-3 in the second
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
AgTrip
I love listening to these announcers eat their words when the Ags rally
agz win
AG
Oh I do need this. What a crappy day.
Potcake
AG
Fun game to be at. Some Duke dude and his girlfriend had seats in front of us. He was gloating and dancing a lot, until he wasn't and left in the 4th. JFF was balls in that game.
Alpha Texan
AG
Johnny screaming at Mike Evans. Johnny begging the defense for a stop. Johnny singlehandedly willing the offense to comeback. Love to rewatch that game.
EllisCoAg
AG
He is a touchdown
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
JCRiley09
AG
I remember being at a New Years party and yelling "JOHNNY'S GOT THIS!" over and over through the whole thing. I imagine I was a fun guest.
EllisCoAg
Gil Renard
AG
Best roadie bowl game I can remember. Peach Bowl Georgia Dome NYE huge comeback and last JFF game. Worth every mile and one of the most underrated games ever. Awesome Cotton And Peach Bowl games in 2013
agz win
AG
I so needed that.
Ribeye-Rare
AG
That game had one of my favorite JFF moments where he gets in trouble and actually hurdles a man before throwing for a nice gain.

Manziel was responsible for producing the most exciting football I've ever seen in my life, and I'm no spring chicken.

I hope you younger guys aren't saying the same thing when you get my age, but it's going to take one hell of a college football player to top the electricity 'that guy' brought to the college game.
Stone44
AG
The most exciting college football player I've ever seen. He was not gonna lose his last game.
Tomdoss92
AG
W said:

the defense only makes 2 plays in the entire game...but they were big ones at the end
Askew's game clinching pick and Hurd's pick 6?

I'd add Razor's knock-away right before Askew's pick and maybe the fourth down stop at the start of the third.
W
AG
Hurd's pick 6 is one of the few game-winning interception returns (in the final minutes) in school history.

the was a great play by Deshazor. Looks even better now given that Crowder is a 6-year pro
Aston04
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's pretty pitiful one of our best games of the last decade is having to rally past Duke.
agz win
AG
Duke was a good team that season and had fortitude to pull the upset before we bucked up and slapped them down. They wanted to be a program killer and they failed. Enjoy the win and relish the fact that we made an exciting come back.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
In 2013, our defense declined tremendously from allowing 390.2 yards (59th) and 21.77 (26th) points per game the previous year to 475.8 yards (109th) and 32.23 points (96th) per game. That horrible defensive performance crippled us and costed us at least one win. We gave up 31+ points eight times and 41+ four times. We scored 42 points against Alabama and 41 against Auburn, but we lost both home games because our defense could not stop either team when it mattered. Even in our 10-point victory over Mississippi State in JFF's last home game, we gave up 41 points. With just an average defense, we would have at least beaten Auburn, finished 5-3 in SEC games, and 10-3.

In this game, our defense allowed 661 total yards (427 passing yards and 234 rushing yards) and 48 points, but we returned an interception to put us up ahead 52-48 and came up with another to seal the win. The 2013 Duke Blue Devils were the ACC Coastal Division champions, who went 10-2 during the regular season. They were blown out by the eventual national champion Florida State Seminoles 45-7 in the ACC Championship Game.

wisdom
AG

samhoustonag
Always the what-if's.

Can you imagine Maziel with the Wrecking Crew era defenses? Natty.
Agsuffering@bulaw
I remember whincing during both of those drives b/c I did not trust the defense. Before the pick 6, I was just hoping the defense could force a FG and JFF run the 2 minute drill for the win.

That last drive, I did not think we would stop them and feared they would score as time ran out.
W
AG
thinking about the 2012 and 2013 A&M defenses...

Dustin Harris and Steven Terrell were really missed in the secondary. They had great senior years

Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yes, our defense declined tremendously from allowing 390.2 yards (59th) and 21.77 (26th) points per game in 2012 to 475.8 yards (109th) and 32.23 points (96th) per game in 2013.
JustisWalkert
AG
The 2012 defense was solid but there were only about 15 players, mostly upper classmen, that Snyder trusted to put in games. We were lucky that none of them lost any major time due to injuries. Deshazor Everett was the only one of that group that returned in 2013. The result was predictable.
W
AG
and Sumlin & Synder need to be given credit for development of those defensive players.

frankly, a lot of them were not very good in 2011. They played at a much higher level in 2012.

also...hate to say it...but the 2011 seniors on defense were not very good at all. Von covered up most of their flaws in 2010...and without him they got badly exposed the next year
AgTrip
It's on again...sec network!!
Gil Renard
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

It's pretty pitiful one of our best games of the last decade is having to rally past Duke.

Yeah. A what would be today a New Years 6 bowl against the 2nd best team in the ACC and back to back big bowl wins and a heisman to debut in the SEC is pitiful. Self loather bleed more
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.