Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Coaches on the Hot Seat

2,817 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheWoodsAg
psybj
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/2020-college-football-hot-seat-rankings-evaluating-job-security-of-all-130-fbs-coaches/
psybj
saw em off
I don't think it's time yet to say "pressure is mounting" for Jimbo. Maybe after year 4 if we still don't have some kind of championship, then a 3 would be warranted
TMartin
Covid seems to have affected many sports "journalists" with nothing else to do.
vander54
S
He's not under pressure yet and with the way 2020 is shaping up he may not start feeling real pressure until 2022.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Jimbo is nowhere near pressure right now. If 2020 is underwhelming, then yes his seat becomes warm immediately with how much experience and talent he's got to work with this year.
WC94
AG
Jimbo is a winner and he's a visionary to boot. He got out of FSU before they have to change their damn name.
LakeSurfinAg08
AG
This analysis of Jimbo is way off. He is still under little pressure and any analyst saying otherwise is just trolling us or trying to make the 10 year contract look bad.

Alpha Texan
AG
I'd say no type of championship after 5. It's possible to go to a NY6 bowl without even winning the division. Heck, Bama even made the playoff without winning the division!

If we have some only 10-11 win regular seasons in years 4-5 because Bama is 12-0, I won't be upset.
TheWoodsAg
AG
There is 0 pressure mounting for a guy who after this season still has $45 million guaranteed. Especially with revenue being slashed during Covid.

The only thing that would change that would be a 7-5 record and blow out losses to LSU, Auburn and one of the Mississippi's. Not. Gonna. Happen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.