Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Could Saturday, September 19th be the new 2020 season start date

795 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Alpha Texan
SouthCollegeStation
How long do you want to ignore this user?
***Maybe we need to possibly start thinking about a delayed 2020 season being a real possibility***
The Big 10 is already kicking this ideal around.

I have found few Aggies or other SEC fans that want to start SEC football on February or March of 2021...
The majority want a 2020 season now even if it is delayed and/or only a SEC Conference schedule.

Be prepared for the possibility that any SEC Football Games to not start until Saturday, September 19
Basically 10 weeks from this Saturday with the slate of:

Georgia vs Alabama -- Auburn vs Ole Miss -- Arkansas vs Miss State -- Missouri vs South Carolina

Texas A&M would start SEC conference games on September 26 with Arkansas vs Texas A&M

Who knows which Non-conference games if any will be played in August/September 2020.
*** All to be determined based on Covid 19 "future situational predictions" on the 1st week in August 2020

Alpha Texan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm cool with whatever. I'd prefer to start it at the normal time, but I wouldn't mind a spring season. I'll only be taking 9 hours in that as my final semester and would have a great time going to all the sports that would be happening.

Would the first few weeks of our season just not happen if we delay the start or would we just slap those games on the tail end after thanksgiving weekend and extend the season that many weeks?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.