Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

B1G going to 10 game all conference 14 week schedule?

5,641 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
Bison
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I am too lazy to do this, but someone pull up the SEC schedule matrix and work out a round-robin schedule of twelve games involving lost OOC opponents and mutual overlaps.

Giant headache for the playoff committee, assuming we even have one. And we're not having one, why play the season?

A spring season is doable, but only if it goes into summer, and I don't see that happening because of the impact on the athletes (done in late May, then back to camp in July?) No B1G school really wants spring football if it means playing the first five weeks or so outside in snow and cold.

Eff them all. Cancel the season all the way around, give every athlete a waiver, let the chips fall where they may. Hell, without the season as a distraction, all the schools might just boost their graduation rates.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Yes, we should get an extra home game. In even years, we only have 3 SEC home games, and in odd years, we have 3 SEC road games. The only SEC East team we have not played at home is Georgia, and aren't scheduled to host them until 2024. In 2022, we are scheduled to host Florida. We are also scheduled to travel to Missouri in 2021, Tennessee in 2023, and Kentucky in 2025.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Bigsteve said:

Doubtful.

You were saying?
The Lost
Iraq2xVeteran said:

Yes, we should get an extra home game. In even years, we only have 3 SEC home games, and in odd years, we have 3 SEC road games. The only SEC East team we have not played at home is Georgia, and aren't scheduled to host them until 2024. In 2022, we are scheduled to host Florida. We are also scheduled to travel to Missouri in 2021, Tennessee in 2023, and Kentucky in 2025.
It'd be interesting to see who they go with if we had 2 east added.

Mizzou is probably guaranteed, but uf/utenn/uga/uk are all actually pretty close distance wise by drive, so plane would really be similar too. That is a crazy game of roulette (that you obviously want uk/ut to win).
amercer
AG
Assuming the state of Texas is still open we should just play a Southwest Conference Schedule
Carmine Aggie
Watch the Ags try to get Arky game at home. And, in exchange for said home game, Ags and Arky have to sign another 10-year extension to current deal at Jerryworld.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Carmine Aggie said:

Watch the Ags try to get Arky game at home. And, in exchange for said home game, Ags and Arky have to sign another 10-year extension to current deal at Jerryworld.

Yes!!!!! Would love to Party in Dallas a weekend every fall, see us to continue to beat Arkansas in front of Jerry at his house and hear crotchety Ags ***** and moan about it for another decade
W
AG
amercer said:

Assuming the state of Texas is still open we should just play a Southwest Conference Schedule
don't laugh...I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 former SWC foes end up on the 2020 schedule
Panama Red
AG
Don't be surprised when all the power 5 follow suit.

ACC & PAC12 will announce shortly
TheWoodsAg
AG
ACC and PAC following the B1G, with Notre Dame being bailed out by the ACC. SEC ADs called to a meeting on Monday.....

https://www.barstoolsports.com/blog/2648680/pac-12-acc-to-follow-big-10-with-conference-only-football-schedules
Alpha Texan
AG
I have been saying on here for over a month now that the same week that we were supposed to play Fresno State, ND is supposed to play Stanford. I love it.
Agsuffering@bulaw
This could actually be positive. Trade 4 mediocre OOC games for 2 SECe games is a good deal from an entertainment perspective. Even Mizzou and UK are major upgrades from CU and Fresno.
JP_Losman
AG
This is a free for all.

Non-stop stupidity on part of society as a whole thru this entire fiasco.
rootube
AG
Interesting move. ACC commish Swofford read that if you kiss a leprechaun between the cheeks your conference will not fall apart.
Sponge
AG
B10 can just declare tOSU conference champions without playing any games.
TheWoodsAg
AG
Penn St will have something to say about that
Matsui
AG
I'd expect the season to be cancelled at some point in July.
West Point Aggie
AG
Matsui said:

I'd expect the season to be cancelled at some point in July.

Way to go out on a limb there!!!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.