Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Wow, Peyton Hillis now hates Arkansas

6,138 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by polksalet12345
RebelYell77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Off Topic I know, but I remember our battles with these guys back in the 80's when Jackie Sherrill could never seemingly get a leg up on them and now that we play them every year again, it's crazy to see one of Arkansas' biggest stars turn on the home school. Either he's bitter or they really do turn their back on famous alumni.
https://gasnsports.com/peyton-hillis-talks-arkansas-football/
hogfan14
Former WR Drew Morgan had an interview the other day where he was pissed Chad Morris didn't give him a GA job too.

I get wanting former players to be involved in the program and be great ambassadors for it, but it must be exhausting for a head coach trying to cater to former players constantly while there are bigger things to worry about with the current team. Growing up in the state and having a passion for the program is great but Saban isn't a great coach because he was yelling Roll Tide in diapers. Sure it would be cool having Darren McFadden as RB coach but what if he is a terrible coach? You're paying these coaches millions to win games no matter where they're from.

Maybe Hillis' complaints are legitimate but with the Hogs being the only major team in the state there are a lot of "good ole boy" politics involved. We have thousands of former football players that I'm sure would love to have a job on the staff.
Aggiestro
Hillis is one of Arkansas biggest stars?
LSU Baseball Fan
Aggiestro said:

He was a beast in college, along with Felix Jones, and Darren McFadden. That backfield was a three-headed monster and was very tough to stop. He kind of flamed out in the NFL, but had a good enough year to be on the Madden cover.

Arkansas was a legit national title contender in 2006. In most years, that team probably at least makes the title game, if not wins it. In 2007 they were scary, too, despite underacheiving. They almost ruined our title hopes in 2007 by pulling a huge upset in the final game and beating us in Baton Rouge.

South Platte
He's been a whiner everywhere he's been. Not surprising they don't want him back. Reeks of only child syndrome.

On the other hand, you have Clint Stoerner, who still represents the Hogs and stays visible. The guy is hilarious. For example. https://instagr.am/p/BmW2MeFlIHt
Slamn Sharpe
South Platte said:

He's been a whiner everywhere he's been. Not surprising they don't want him back. Reeks of only child syndrome.

On the other hand, you have Clint Stoerner, who still represents the Hogs and stays visible. The guy is hilarious. For example. https://instagr.am/p/BmW2MeFlIHt

They commit murder over lawnmowers in R-Kansas
West Point Aggie
AG
Parenthetically, I'm very disappointed Chad Morris was not allowed, being the Aggie plant that he was, to fully finish off the pigs.
W
AG
Hillis is one of the all-time fantasy busts
Aggiestro
Wow don't even remember that cover! Definitely remember McFadden being unstoppable both taking handoffs and direct snaps on every drive
AggieTFA06
AG
LSU Baseball Fan said:

Aggiestro said:

He was a beast in college, along with Felix Jones, and Darren McFadden. That backfield was a three-headed monster and was very tough to stop. He kind of flamed out in the NFL, but had a good enough year to be on the Madden cover.

Arkansas was a legit national title contender in 2006. In most years, that team probably at least makes the title game, if not wins it. In 2007 they were scary, too, despite underacheiving. They almost ruined our title hopes in 2007 by pulling a huge upset in the final game and beating us in Baton Rouge.

Another victim of the Madden Curse
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
cajunaggie08
AG
Sounds like Arkansas/HIllis is in that phase of the rebuilding cycle where they think the program should only have guys that ties to the state/school. I remember when we were like that in the Fran era.
psybj
cajunaggie08 said:

Sounds like Arkansas/HIllis is in that phase of the rebuilding cycle where they think the program should only have guys that ties to the state/school. I remember when we were like that in the Fran era.
Huge problem. Gotta bring in as much talent as you can get, from anywhere you can find it.

Hiring top assts who move out and up keeps bringing in talented people with new ideas. Hiring from that limited bunch is not good for the needed flow.
psybj
hogfan14
psybj said:

cajunaggie08 said:

Huge problem. Gotta bring in as much talent as you can get, from anywhere you can find it.

Hiring top assts who move out and up keeps bringing in talented people with new ideas. Hiring from that limited bunch is not good for the needed flow.
Part of it probably stems from the fact that there are several coaches that are from or played at Arkansas like Bear Bryant, Tommy Tuberville, Barry Switzer, Jimmy Johnson and Gus Malzahn that we either missed out on or hired someone else instead of, that we regret. Bear Bryant was set to be the Arkansas coach until WWII hit. Even Pete Carroll and Johnny Majors grew up here or were on former coaching staffs back in the day so fans obsess over us not hiring them before they made it big.

A lot of fans wanted us to go after Mike Norvell instead of Chad Morris too. But that doesn't mean every coach from Arkansas will be successful. Charlie Strong I don't think would have been very good here. It's important to understand the culture and history of the state which I don't think Morris ever got (Pittman grew up just a few hours from Fayetteville) but that doesn't mean everything.
polksalet12345
Thank goodness the hogs fired Nutt
. They're much better now.
All your base
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.