Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Are Aggie sports cursed?

7,003 Views | 63 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Floorguy
BeatHellOutOfTU
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Legitimately this season is our best chance in over 20 years to make a splash in college football and very likely make it to the CF Playoffs. Our schedule is the best you could hope for, we have a fairly senior team... it has all lined up.

Now the season will likely be cancelled... and the future does not look as great as this season.

Baseball this season our team also looked to have it... and now that chance was taken away...

More baseball look at the team we had when we lost to TCU in a crazy close game... that team was the best team in college baseball that season but still came up just shot.

More football. We go undefeated in the 90s but wait we are on probation...

I feel Aggie sports may just be cursed!

BAS is real
GumboMaverick
is your mom phat?
Commander Gorn
AG
Yes, we're cursed.
samhoustonag
Football team makes it to the playoffs?

Lay off the mushrooms.
BeatHellOutOfTU
AG
Oh oBe more.. Acie Law misses easy lay up in sweet 16 or elite 8 can't recall off hand ugh
Alpha Texan
AG
Ah yes, the quarterly "are aggie sports cursed thread." The timing is impeccable... and by that I mean completely peccable.
Jbob04
AG
Dude, very likely to make it to the playoffs? Did they take bama, LSU, and auburn off our schedule?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Every off-season part of the fan base builds us up from what we are to what they'd like us to be. There are few indications this will be anything other than another year when we start 5-0 or 4-1 and end up 9-4 or 8-5. We have the on-paper softest 6-game opening schedule I've seen since we left the SWC, but in our hearts of darkness we all know if the season gets played and we start off humming along at 4-0, Mike Leach is going to be lying in wait in Starkville come the 5th week of the season.

Mike Leach owns A&M like Sigfried owns Roy. 8-2 all-time, two different 4-game win streaks. He'd trade his left nut for that game to happen.

94chem
Quote:

Baseball this season our team also looked to have it... and now that chance was taken away...
I guess we weren't watching the same team. I saw another good-pitch, no-hit, Childress squad that was head for a top half SEC finish, a #2 seed, and a 3-4 game post-season. Pretty much our normal year.
Serious Lee
yes aggie sports are cursed, thats why you should be glad for corona so as football wont be able to rip your heart out through your a**hole again this fall.
Decay
AG
Alpha Texan said:

Ah yes, the quarterly "are aggie sports cursed thread." The timing is impeccable... and by that I mean completely peccable.
"It's so plausible I don't believe it!"
Proposition Joe
I see no reason we shouldn't claim at least a share of the natty if the season does not get played.
Sponge
AG
I've been putting a curse on Aggie football once a month since the late nineties.
Was that wrong? Should I not have been doing that? Do you want me to stop?
Jock 07
AG
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Don't worry, with Childress still leading the team the kung flu is the least of our worries
jja79
AG
I wouldn't say football was likely to make the playoffs. Might have been in the hunt.

Baseball absolutely was going nowhere. Look at the man's track record.
dallasiteinsa02
Yes. Fish Pond was completed just after A&M won their last National Championship in 1939. I am thinking that is the source of the curse.
ordRV80
AG
We are absolutely cursed.

It is real.
Soldier, Statesman, Knightly Gentleman
greg.w.h
AG
If we qualify for the CFP it's likely due to either other conferences bowing out and other teams being down players. To do it in a regular year we have to win all but one game. I'll offer that might be in reach but is a significant stretch from last year even with the schedule being significantly easier.

The idea that we always overproject our grandest fantasies onto the team and then blame them for relatively modest shortcomings isn't a curse. It's just stupid.

But if superstition soothes your dumb...go for it.
TxAg82
AG
Yes. The Chinese lab released Coronavirus in order to curse Aggie athletics.
94chem
TxAg82 said:

Yes. The Chinese lab released Coronavirus in order to curse Aggie athletics.

A clear cut case of correlation=causation...on Forum 16.
merch
We have thought we had real chance before and didn't.
Hurricane cost us a national championship most likely...much better chance that year than this year.
A little too much hype getting put into this season.
QB1
AG
Someone post that Johnny horse colla no call, UCLA hack in the lane, etc
Padre_Island_Ag
AG
It's all Babe Ruth's fault
Let's go Brandon!

Soli Deo Gloria
aggiejim70
AG
Fish Pond Hell, we're cursed for firing Charlie Moran.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
West Point Aggie
AG
Yes Covid clearly has it in for A&M sports...clearly that's the takeaway to take from this mega cluster...it's impact on A&M sports!

LOL
Worthy
Goro Majima
AG
Yes, absolutely.

It doesn't help that Aggies can be dumbasses about running their athletic department.
Agvet12
AG
Yes. Think about it, we were an all male military academy and our last Natty came before WW2.

You should be worried when our next one comes (if it does).
VatoLocoAggie
This was our year. Finally.

Then the politicians got involved and effed it all up DoD their own personal agendas.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
Houstonag
AG
If Aggie sports are cursed it is because of two positions.
The president at the time and the individual coach. Pat Henry is a classic example of true skill and leadership. In recent years we may have a few that could have done it but like Billy G. They left. The current BB coach has the skill but few others have it in my opinion. Fisher may have it but with this recent Mond antic I have lost confidence in him as a leader. In order to have champions we need champion coaches and presidents. The last good president we had was Gates and prior to him it was Rudder.
Hawk2007
BeatHellOutOfTU said:

Legitimately this season is our best chance in over 20 years to make a splash in college football and very likely make it to the CF Playoffs. Our schedule is the best you could hope for, we have a fairly senior team... it has all lined up.

That's what this board says every year though.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
How would we make the playoffs w 3 conference losses?
“Picture a black girl that joe biden wants to sniff”

-The Debt
TMF
AG
Cursed every year because we are average.
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Mike Leach owns A&M like Sigfried owns Roy.

Now THIS is how it's done. Well played, sir!
rsf0626
At least we may not have to witness the inevitable choke and subsequent meltdown like every other year of Aggie Football
rsf0626
Raptor
AG
Women's basketball won the National Championship

Track and Field has a few

Cursed?
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.