Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Hypothetical: How would the majority of the fanbase feel if

9,899 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by StrykerAg
StrykerAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CFB is played in 2020.

A&M wins the National Championship and Mond is a Heisman Finalist/Winner.

The team refuses to visit the White House. Cuz racism. BLM drama flares back up

Majority A&M fanbase reaction is....?

A. Don't care. Won the 'ship!
B. Meh, didn't care about the team all season and still don't
C. Tried to look past the off-season antics and support the team, but enough is enough
D. Willing to ditch the team over the off-season drama, but then they started winning and brought us back, but now we're pissed again
Alpha Texan
AG
I'm a C. I think Americans should be able to disagree politically and still unite and support each other around other topics, but idk, that might hit a bit different. I'm fine with voicing things you disagree to try to make them better in your eyes but that kinda stuff is just significantly divisive without accomplishing anything really. I just think it's disrespectful without accomplishing anything.

My opinion can change, I'm open to what others will say.
agnerd
AG
E. I'd still be a fan of the team since they're not all SJWs, but would no longer donate money to athletics or purchase tickets to sporting events.
Civen
AG
Also consider, there's an election that happens before then and if the incumbent is unseated the newly elected President takes office Jan-20. Which is close enough to potentially impact who's sitting in the chair.

But wgas.

A, final answer.
Alpha Texan
AG
yeah, you know Kanye will be excited to welcome us to the WH since we run out to his song
Spyderman
AG
Love those kids (Aggies) and we want fairness for all..but IMO, they already crossed the line. Not sure how I feel about CFB in general. Its been such a charade for years now. Collegiate athletics need a complete restructuring. Now might be a good opportunity to address that.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Josepi
AG
A

And it's not close
TX_Aggie37
AG
Spyderman said:

Love those kids (Aggies) and we want fairness for all..but IMO, they already crossed the line. Not sure how I feel about CFB in general. Its been such a charade for years now. Collegiate athletics need a complete restructuring. Now might be a good opportunity to address that.
Genuinely curious to hear your ideas on what this "restructuring" looks like and how that gets done.

And yeah I'd be thrilled to win a title no matter what. I can separate the politics from the fact that I am a die hard Aggie and want to see the team win.
Agsuffering@bulaw
None of the answers really do it for me. C is the closest.

I would be permanently embittered towards Mond, Oneal and the woke-leaders. The rest would get a pass.

The good news is I dont think we have to worry about it. Saban, Dabo and Orgeron both told their teams they were going. Jimbo would probably do similiarly.
rootube
AG
Many people will actively root against A&M this year. Nothing would make me happier than us having a dream season just to piss them off.
sotexag79
AG
c

Was season ticket holder since 1980.

The latest with Keeath Magee telling the black pro-Sully and Corps member about coon hunting and being a house,,, just reinforced my position.

"Verbal actions are not enough time to take down Sully" is the message for this weeks protest by our beloved athletes.

Spyderman
AG
TX_Aggie37 said:

Spyderman said:

Genuinely curious to hear your ideas on what this "restructuring" looks like and how that gets done.

And yeah I'd be thrilled to win a title no matter what. I can separate the politics from the fact that I am a die hard Aggie and want to see the team win.
Thats the billion dollar question. Your guess is as good as mine.
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
ohioag67
AG
Strong C
StrykerAg
AG
Civen said:

Also consider, there's an election that happens before then and if the incumbent is unseated the newly elected President takes office Jan-20. Which is close enough to potentially impact who's sitting in the chair.

I was going to say "but if Biden (another old white guy) wins, will it really make a difference since, you know, systemic racism and all"

But THIS. This deserves stars

Alpha Texan said:

yeah, you know Kanye will be excited to welcome us to the WH since we run out to his song
StrykerAg
AG
rootube said:

Many people will actively root against A&M this year. Nothing would make me happier than us having a dream season just to piss them off.

If we all actively root against the team, they have to win, right? The cure to our championship drought is reverse BAS! Genius!
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
A. I don't put much stock in the words of kids, actors or fools.
zooguy96
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
OaklandDoubleAg
AG
I'm all for people expressing their opinion. That's what free speech is. But let's say you refuse to play if Sully isn't removed, and Sully stays where he is, and then we get to the playoffs and eventually win the championship. Well, you better still be in your dorm room refusing to play instead of hopping on the bus to get all of the free handouts at the playoffs and collecting your championship ring.

Either way.. A all day.
samhoustonag
Too unrealistic to be worth the thought.
Leander - Ag
AG
A
Sponge
AG
E. Feel better about the team for not having any interest in meeting a buffoon president and eating trash fast food that he brought in.
soto11
AG
CCCCC
Spyderman
AG
Regardless, the profane, racist entrance song should be replaced.

The greater good?
W
AG
a proper "restructing" would mean a significant reduction in the number of sports / scholarships offered and a significant reduction in coach's salaries
Slamn Sharpe
ohioag67 said:

Strong C

***Points at you and laughs***
Dad-O-Lot
AG
B

Don't care, won't care.
AG
Sponge said:

E. Feel better about the team for not having any interest in meeting a buffoon president and eating trash fast food that he brought in.

Obama hasn't been in office for almost 4 years. Try to keep up.
ohioag67
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

ohioag67 said:

Strong C

***Points at you and laughs***
Whatever floats your boat.
TXAggie2011
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

The good news is I dont think we have to worry about it. Saban, Dabo and Orgeron both told their teams they were going. Jimbo would probably do similiarly.
I think Dabo gave his players the option.

A bunch of Clemson players, notably the vast majority of their black players, did not go visit the White House.

spherical
AG
I mean... MJ skipped every White House visit just cause he didn't feel like it.... does that bother anyone or is it only because of their motivations?

TXAggie2011
AG
spherical said:

I mean... MJ skipped every White House visit just cause he didn't feel like it.... does that bother anyone or is it only because of their motivations?
There's a long history of athletes skipping the White House, for apolitical and political reasons.
StrykerAg
AG
Sponge said:

Wasn't the fast food brought in because there was a govt shutdown preventing the White House from providing a proper meal?
EliteZags
AG
They win the ship they can light up a bonfire composed of the Century Tree and every statue on campus on top of the damn MSC lawn for all I care
Potcake
AG
A
Football players have the same rights, no less, no more, to say what they want as I do.
greg.w.h
AG
Hypothetical questions are too clever by half. You feel dumber just reading them...
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.