Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Miss St game from last year on SECN

3,336 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by gtaggie_08
Potcake
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Spoiler Alert
We do win this one.
fat girlfriend
That was our most complete game of the year, I think.
West Point Aggie
AG
fat girlfriend said:

That was our most complete game of the year, I think.

And my older brothers first ever Aggie game
Ag Tag
Yay, we beat Mississippi State last year!
northeastag
AG
I'm watching it, as it's just about the time of year when I would usually start to think about football right around the corner.

But with hardly any live events to air, why does the Network keep saying "due to time constraints, we move ahead in the action". What time constraints could they possibly have at this point? Why don't they just reply the whole game?
northeastag
AG
And another thing. I'd forgotten how incredibly dull and plodding Jimbo's offense is. Man it's going to be some kind of contrast when we plan MSU next tine.
JustisWalkert
AG
These game replays were produced at a time when time restraints were a factor to fit in a two hour time slot. Besides, do you really want to watch inconsequential possessions where basically nothing happened?
AggieTFA06
AG
This game was so much fun to watch as it happened. It was nice at the very end to not be worried. In fact, I was streaming the OU vs. K-State game on my phone at a tailgate while we were watching the final minutes of our blowout win.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Serious Lee
northeastag said:

And another thing. I'd forgotten how incredibly dull and plodding Jimbo's offense is.
states D was so bad last year. and to think, theyre only gonna get worse
Law Hall 69-72
AG
northeastag said:

I'm watching it, as it's just about the time of year when I would usually start to think about football right around the corner.

But with hardly any live events to air, why does the Network keep saying "due to time constraints, we move ahead in the action". What time constraints could they possibly have at this point? Why don't they just reply the whole game?
Do you really want the game to interfere with the start of the infomercial?
tjack16
AG
we owed State an butt kicking ... glad we got it done last year
Agsuffering@bulaw
Shows what can be most saturdays if someone steps up and becomes a mismatch-maker.

They had decent pass rushers, but the RPO game kept them in check. I think they made a mistake in not pressing our WRs.
SinKiller
That's really the only one good game we played all year long, the rest, kissing your sister.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I was at that game, and it was awesome to watch up crush Mississippi State 49-30 after losing the previous three games to them from 2016 to 2018. The only thing I didn't like was how the defense allowed 433 total yards, including 239 rushing yards, conversion of both fourth-down attempts, and 30 points. Fortunately, the three takeaways helped us to stay far ahead for most of the game. In the previous two games against Mississippi State, we were crushed 35-14 at home and 28-13 in Starkville, Mississippi. Mississippi State was the best team we beat during the regular season, and they finished 6-7. The only other good game against a power 5 team was a 30-6 rout of South Carolina, who finished 4-8. The other two SEC wins against 2-10 Arkansas and 4-8 Ole Miss were too close for comfort.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
I am expecting a tougher game at Starkville, Mississippi on 10/3/20. We have not won in Starkville since 2012, but I believe we will finally win a road game against Mississippi State.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Agree.

Leach was always able to get his TBAT teams up for a few home games a year. They should be 3-1 coming in (hopefully 4-0 b/c they upset NCSt). They have a bye the following week, then a stretch of @Bama, @LSU, Auburn. The only meaningful home games after us are Auburn & Mizzou.

It will be their first big home game and probably a bunch of recruits present. They will be motivated after last year, and Leach probably needs something positive before Tuscaloosa and BR.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Demarvin Leal quietly had a great game in this one. Really excited for his future here.
Luke The Drifter
AG
The game was on October 26...about the time of year Sumlin's teams went in the toilet. Besides beating MSU, it was really nice to see us destroy a weakling (UTSA) the next week instead of sneaking by with a 23-14 win over someone like UL-Monroe. Then we dispatched a 4-8 South Carolina team. We lost to Georgia on the road after that, but it's not like we got steamrolled. The LSU game was very Sumlin-like, but we bounced back nicely with a bowl win over a former Big 12 opponent.

After years of seeing us lose games like MSU then limp into the off season, the thumping of the Bulldogs was double sweet.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
On 11/1/14, we squeaked by UL-Monroe 21-16, not 23-14, after coming off a bye week. A week later, we upset then No. 3 7-1 Auburn 41-38 on the road, but lost our last two regular season games against eventual SEC East champion Missouri 34-27 and to then 7-4 LSU 23-17 at home. Both LSU and Texas A&M had their second bye weeks before our Thanksgiving day loss to LSU, but because LSU was blanketed by Arkansas 17-0 in their previous game, I thought we had a good chance of winning that game. We ended that season with a 45-37 win over West Virginia in the 2014 Liberty Bowl to finish 8-5.

On 9/17/16, we upset Auburn 29-16 on the road, but lost at Mississippi State 35-28 on 11/5/20 and to Ole Miss 29-18 at home a week later. That team started 6-0 but lost 5 of last 7 games, and all 5 of these loses were against SEC or power-5 teams.

On 10/28/17, we were embarrassed by Mississippi State 35-14 at home after a bye week. A week later, we lost to Auburn 42-17 at home. These back to back home loses extended our home losing streak to SEC West teams to seven games. It also dropped his record to 3-12 in SEC west home games and 8-14 in SEC home games. That was probably the final straw in Sumlin's tenure.
Luke The Drifter
AG
Iraq2xVeteran said:

On 11/1/14, we squeaked by UL Monroe 21-16, not 23-14, after coming off a bye week. A week alter, we upset then No. 3 7-1 Auburn 41-38 on the road, but lost our last two regular season games against eventual SEC East champion Missouri 34-27 and to then 7-4 LSU 23-17 at home. Both LSU and Texas A&M had their second bye weeks before our Thanksgiving day loss to LSU, But because LSU was blanketed by Arkansas 17-0 in their previous game, I thought we had a good chance of winning that game. We ended that season with a 45-37 win over West Virginia in the 2014 Liberty Bowl to finish 8-5.

2014 was a terrible season.

Started 5-0...then lost to MSU, Ole Miss, and Bama (59-0)...squeaked by UL-Monroe by five (5) whole points, then beat a highly ranked, and obviously overrated, Auburn team that only ended the season at 8-5. Mizzou was good, but they beat us at home and LSU finished at the same 8-5 as we did but...of course...we couldn't beat them at Kyle. Beating WVU was nothing to get excited about. They finished 7-6 on the season.

2015 was another boom then bust year.

Started 5-0...crapped ourselves vs. Bama (remember all of the pick-sixes?) and Ole Miss, then barely beat South Carolina, who finished the year at 3-9. A 7-6 Auburn team smoked us, we bounced back vs. Western Carolina and Vanderbilt (woo hoo!), only to take our annual beating at the hands of LSU and then we started our 3-game bowl losing streak by dropping the Music City Bowl to Louisville.

2016 might have been the worst of all.

Started 6-0...lost to Bama but played our a**es off and got beat by a better team before whipping New Mexico State. There we were at 7-1 with MSU (finished at 6-7), Ole Miss (finished at 5-7), and UTSA in front of us. Instead of rolling into the LSU game at 10-1 with wins over 3 teams who were bad, we lost to both Mississippi school and beat UTSA by only 13 points (23-10). LSU killed us and the team mailed it in vs. K-State in the Texas Bowl.

So when I say it's nice to see Jimbo's teams play hard all season long, this is what I'm talking about.
But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Excellent summary of the 2014 to 2016 seasons. I agree that 2016 was the worst season of all. We were actually ranked No. 4 and 7-1 when we played at Mississippi State, but we came out flat before losing 35-28 and then losing at Ole Miss at home the final week. That Ole Miss team was embarrassed by Vanderbilt 38-17 and Mississippi State 55-20 at home to finish 5-7, making our home loss to Ole Miss look even worse.

Outside of Alabama, the SEC was weak that year. 8-4 Auburn made a Sugar Bowl appearance and got crushed by Oklahoma 35-16. Both Mississippi teams finished 5-7 during the regular season, but we found a way to get swept by them. Because there weren't enough bowl eligible teams, 5-7 Mississippi State received an invitation to the St Petersburg Bowl and defeated Miami-Ohio 17-16 to finish 6-7. That year was an excellent opportunity to finish 10-2 and 2nd place in the SEC west, but those two loses dropped us to a disappointing 4th place finish and costed us a Sugar Bowl appearance.

Yes, it was great to watch Jimbo Fisher motivate the team to play hard from start to finish in each of the past two seasons.
gtaggie_08
AG
A couple things about that 16 MSU game that standout...early in the game, we get a stop in the red zone only for a BS roughing the passer call on Garrett where he was blocked into the QBs legs to allow them to score a TD. Then Knight banged up his shoulder and the offense stalled until it was too late
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.