Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Rename Kyle Field?

11,084 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag4coal
oldnewag0722
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Looks like there are efforts underway to have Kyle Field renamed.

https://www.insidehighered.com/quicktakes/2020/07/07/project-identifies-athletic-facilities-named-after-figures-racist-pasts

https://journals.humankinetics.com/view/journals/jsm/aop/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303/article-10.1123-jsm.2019-0303.xml?content=pdf-6970

Camo
"son of a captain in the confederate army"

nothing he did, but his Pappy "maybe"

I hate people
80sGeorge
AG
What a stretch
Bucketrunner
Give it a rest. This is not happening. It's just a leftist's wet dream.
maver1ck
AG
Camo said:

"son of a captain in the confederate army"

nothing he did, but his Pappy "maybe"

I hate people

People are so desperate to be victims, it's unreal.

If that's all they got against Kyle, their case is going absolutely nowhere.
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
Redskins, Indians and the Long Push to Drop Native American Mascots. Stanford dropped its mascot in 1972. Other college teams followed. Now professional sports are getting the message.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/redskins-indians-and-the-long-push-to-drop-native-american-mascots-11593961353
Snake
AG
Created your account today to post this, huh?
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG

Can't be real, even so we're there folks.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Bucketrunner said:

You say this now...
colekicker
AG
So who wants to start investigating the researchers for their history? I'm sure they are all clean and have never done anything wrong. This is stretching it to the limit.
fightinag
Bryan Texas was named for the nephew of Stephen F Austin who gave him the land to start Bryan Texas.
So Bryan is related to Austin ?
Now there's cause for renaming Bryan ....what's next in the bs culture ?
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
samhoustonag
fightinag said:

Bryan Texas was named for the nephew of Stephen F Austin who gave him the land to start Bryan Texas.
So Bryan is related to Austin ?
Now there's cause for renaming Bryan ....what's next in the bs culture ?
I think I'm gonna shoot the next person who tries to rename anything...
Spyderman
AG
My dad is self proclaimed racist. Does my life matter?
Grab some popcorn...why the ongoing cover-up? The Phenomenon: FF to 1:22:35 https://tubitv.com/movies/632920/the-phenomenon

An est. 68 MILLION Americans, including 19 MILLION Black Children, have been killed in the WOMB since 1973-act, pray and vote accordingly.

TAMU purpose statement: To develop leaders of character dedicated to serving the greater good. Team entrance song at KYLE FIELD is laced with profanity including THE Nword..
The greater good?
Caesar4
AG
That's crazy. Should I kill myself because my skin is white-ish and likely some ancestor of mine (who I don't even know about) did something bad.

I find interest in watching Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates (PBS Ancestry show) where the people whose roots are "found" can sometimes be a little uncomfortable and/or disappointed to learn of "transgressions" of their ancestors.

The show host, Gates, is quite tactful and diplomatic about the fact that when you go back in history, you may encounter unpleasant aspects of an ancestor's life. But, those bad aspects were in the past, someone else's life. You have to have clarity of judgment.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Can we rename it Kyle Field at Sul Ross Stadium?
JJxvi
AG
What year was Edwin Jackson Kyle even born?
JJxvi
AG
The most hilarious "racist name" on that list is Pratt & Whitney. Its a ****ing corporation...
mandevilleag
User name checks out.

I wonder if Kyler Murray will be changing his name soon.
wisdom
AG
When the 3rd deck was added to Kyle Field in the late 70s, a plaque, or some sort of memorial was to be added at the entrance on the west side, recognizing the origin of the name Kyle. There were 2 gentlemen with the name "Kyle" who had connections to the development of the field. There was a debate as to which one Kyle Field was named after. I've looked for an article on that issue, but couldn't find it. If anyone can dig it up I would appreciate knowing where it is.
BUT ......if we are beaten down to name it after someone else .....let's just change it to be named after the other Kyle.
allMondjoy
In the name of full disclosure, just wondering if research would show if any BLL folks would be decendants of African tribal leader families who sold or traded captured other conquered African tribesman?
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
There is nothing more pathetic than the neo Marxist leftist. It doesn't matter their color, they are all pathetic losers.
SattlerAggie
Old men yelling at the sky about politics on a football board seems infinitely more sad.

Nobody is renaming Kyle field for something his daddy did. You old fools need to stop taking the bait
1976Ag
W
AG
all of this was predicted a month ago.

eventually folks will be held guilty by association.

you know they've been looking up E. King Gill too
1976Ag
AG
So we have an Associate Dean, John Singer, that believes the sins of a father 11 years before a son's birth is transferred to the son. This is wrong in many ways.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
SattlerAggie said:

Old men yelling at the sky about politics on a football board seems infinitely more sad.

Nobody is renaming Kyle field for something his daddy did. You old fools need to stop taking the bait

I agree with your last statement.

I'm not old. I graduated 15 years ago, which makes me a millennial. But my point stands, there is nothing more pathetic than searching through history and finding something to be offended by... maybe I should be offended since I'm a descendant from the Cherokee tribe.

Nah, I'll look to the future and control what I can control. Rugged Individualism is a beautiful thing. The current aggrieved are a pathetic bunch that can't tie their own shoes, much less contribute to society in a meaningful way.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
1976Ag said:

So we have an Associate Dean, John Singer, that believes the sins of a father 11 years before a son's birth is transferred to the son. This is wrong in many ways.

Hahahahaha... it makes sense now that Dr. Singer is the one behind it. Guy is a total ****ing clown
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Caesar4 said:

That's crazy. Should I kill myself because my skin is white-ish and likely some ancestor of mine (who I don't even know about) did something bad.

I find interest in watching Finding Your Roots with Henry Louis Gates (PBS Ancestry show) where the people whose roots are "found" can sometimes be a little uncomfortable and/or disappointed to learn of "transgressions" of their ancestors.

The show host, Gates, is quite tactful and diplomatic about the fact that when you go back in history, you may encounter unpleasant aspects of an ancestor's life. But, those bad aspects were in the past, someone else's life. You have to have clarity of judgment.

Check yourself bro.....it was Gates' house incident that started some of this bs....that was the incident where President Obama said the police acted "stupidly". Personally I think Obama acted "stupidly" on a whole lot of things.
Caesar4
AG
I was unaware and will have to review/evaluate.

Caveat, it's difficult and/or impossible for me to assume the role of others in the heat of the moment; so I may not be able to legitimately understand what was reported from that event.
QB1
AG
Texas is Indian for "Tejas", I'm offended, new state names?

Oil palace?

TyperWoods
Bucketrunner said:

Don't underestimate Dr. Young!!!
The Sparrow Prince
Steve Field
Ag Tag
Bucketrunner said:

Give it a rest. This is not happening.
Don't bet on that.

In the years ahead we're going to see a lot of changes that we wouldn't believe could ever happen.
Mostly Sunny Disposition
AG
TyperWoods said:

Bucketrunner said:

Don't underestimate Dr. Young!!!

His contract is up soon and it's not being renewed by Sharp and Co.
Class of 65
AG
I believe we should close Kyle Field forever>
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.