Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Rename Kyle Field?

11,110 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Ag4coal
1976Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
1976Ag
AG
Does that mean he's doing the most damage before he leaves? We all know when you are in management that when you terminate an employee, you walk him and don't let him stay
Reno Hightower
Give the leftists 25 years and they will get around to changing Kyle to something more palatable to them.
OldArmy71
AG
Each day brings a new low in stupidity and viciousness and outright fascism.

That second article denounces E J Kyle for "racism through Confederate ties."

I'm not sure I can really get my head around that. The son was not in the Confederate Army; his father was. Therefore the son is guilty of racism.

And one of the authors is the ASSOCIATE DEAN OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION!!!!

I just...I can't....

Hiring people like Curry and this guy.....No wonder the athletes are messed up.
PsychoAg98
AG
If you had to use Wikipedia to find out if you should be offended by the name of something, you should probably just cool your protest fire a little.
merch
We will have lots of time to talk about stuff like this with no college football
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Spyderman said:

My dad is self proclaimed racist. Does my life matter?
No, that automatically makes you a racist and you must banish yourself to a place where you will never be found. We will then begin erasing any written history of your family's existence.
wasntme
Sully Field!
OKC~Ag
yes, get rid of the name kyle field. we didn't win enough on that name anyway...

go with current events... and profit.

sell the naming rights and change to some bank and called it, Bank of XXX ATM field...
BostonAg74
wisdom said:

When the 3rd deck was added to Kyle Field in the late 70s, a plaque, or some sort of memorial was to be added at the entrance on the west side, recognizing the origin of the name Kyle. There were 2 gentlemen with the name "Kyle" who had connections to the development of the field. There was a debate as to which one Kyle Field was named after. I've looked for an article on that issue, but couldn't find it. If anyone can dig it up I would appreciate knowing where it is.
BUT ......if we are beaten down to name it after someone else .....let's just change it to be named after the other Kyle.

Farmer @ Johnsongrass, TX

Each day brings a new low in stupidity and viciousness and outright fascism.

That second article denounces E J Kyle for "racism through Confederate ties."

I'm not sure I can really get my head around that. The son was not in the Confederate Army; his father was. Therefore the son is guilty of racism.

And one of the authors is the ASSOCIATE DEAN OF DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION!!!!

I just...I can't....

Hiring people like Curry and this guy.....No wonder the athletes are messed up.
https://directory.education.tamu.edu/view.epl?nid=singerjn

bio link
Stone44
AG
This is what's wrong with higher education today. Wasting time and resources on this bs is ridiculous. Ship his sorry a$$ to Austin so he can waste their money.
West Point Aggie
AG
OKC~Ag said:

yes, get rid of the name kyle field. we didn't win enough on that name anyway...

sell the naming rights and change to some bank and called it, Bank of XXX ATM field...

Farmers Insurance would be the only possible one that makes sense...

"We are farmers...dun dun dun dun dun dun!"
bert harbinson
AG
The Sparrow Prince said:

Steve Field

Great idea, but can you imagine the price of the lobster wraps?
Aquin
AG
Associate Dean of Diversity....in my day having a position like this was called featherbedding. It is usually not possible to slander a dead man, but since Mr. Singer has chosen to slander multiple generations of the Kyle family, I would hope the current members would sue him back to the Stone Age. This kind of crap has got to stop. I wonder how much we are paying this genius. He obviously has a lot of time on his hands.
wisdom
AG
My great-great-grandfather move with his family from Connecticut to Goliad, Texas during the Cvil War. I am sure he knew someone in the Confederacy. I need some instructions. Should I now be canceled?
Ag4coal
West Point Aggie said:

OKC~Ag said:

Farmers Insurance would be the only possible one that makes sense...

"We are farmers...dun dun dun dun dun dun!"
Damn.... I kind of want Farmer's Field to happen now.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.