Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Decision on Seating for Season

4,350 Views | 23 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BCSAG04
DL76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
When will Athletic Department make decision on how they will accommodate the 50% outdoor seating capacity limit? Seems like a plan needs to come out soon to enable the election process.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Anti Sully = seat
Pro Sully = no seat
greg.w.h
AG
I think the plan will be higher value tickets are invited to come and spread out. And some students tickets probably in deck three on the east will be allowed to be pulled. Pure speculation.
DDowl44
AG
I'm curious to hear how they do student ticket pull. I'm also curious to see if they do Corps March Ins etc...

I'm of the opinion that if we have a season at the rate we are we are going to have empty stadiums. They will just be doing football for the TV $ at this point. Which will be probably even bigger than usual IMO.
----------------------------------------------------
I cannot fiddle but I can build a great state from a small city-Themistocles

Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2009
Titan 20
NoahAg
What's 100% of 0? Because that's how many fans will be in the stadium.

Sorry folks. There won't be a season.
The Sparrow Prince
You know how odds sway left and evens sway right? Well the same will be applied for breathing. Odds inhale, evens exhale. #scienceBrah
W
AG
all the P5 schools are playing a game of chicken with one another...waiting to see who will make the big announcement first.

or they're all hoping their state's governor does
TexAgs91
AG
The Sparrow Prince said:

You know how odds sway left and evens sway right? Well the same will be applied for breathing. Odds inhale, evens exhale. #scienceBrah

Here you go
Proposition Joe
W said:

all the P5 schools are playing a game of chicken with one another...waiting to see who will make the big announcement first.

or they're all hoping their state's governor does

I think it's likely the opposite - all the P5 schools have likely been in pretty constant communication with one another and are discussing options.
monarch
S
Hate to say this, but maybe we would be better off playing in spring this season. This Wuhan virus is really f*****g up the US.
Nebules
AG
TMF didn't plan on needing a plan in the context of a nebulous environment, which makes planning really hard.

Any "plan" in this situation will likely be nothing more than a flexible framework of contingencies.
agnerd
AG
Not really worried. I can buy multiple 75" TVs, a generator, satellite setup, trailer, tents, and all the other tailgating accouterments for very nice tailgate setup if they don't want my money. And once I do that, I might not want to go in to the stadium any future years. I'm guessing they will figure out a way to let us in.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
DL76 said:

When will Athletic Department make decision on how they will accommodate the 50% outdoor seating capacity limit? Seems like a plan needs to come out soon to enable the election process.

Almost guaranteed they have the plans already set in stone but are waiting until the last possible moment based on guidance and regulations, etc. to announce. Until notified otherwise they will assume what it is today, which I think is 50%, and I am 10000% confident they could roll that out tomorrow and announce it. But they don't need to do that until the last possible second in case it goes up or down.

If the season is played, and the restrictions are X%, they will limit the amount of students, accommodate STH based on Priority Points and requesting games in an order of preference, you will only be able to use certain entrances, no tailgating, staggered seating, etc., etc.

All of that is stupid, however, as you can't socially distance getting into and out of the stadium, can't socially distance in line for concessions, can't socially distance using the restrooms, and people will sit together even if their assigned seats are not together.

If the goal is to slow the spread, the only thing you can really do is say 50% capacity, no tailgating, use assigned entrances, other than that it will be what it will be.

I highly doubt there will be a fall college football season. The NFL will play without fans.

TXAGBQ76
AG
And why does anyone think the spring will be any better?
Jbob04
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

And why does anyone think the spring will be any better?

Exactly, Rona is here to stay. If they decide to start in January, well that would be right in the middle of the regular flu season.
MagnumLoad
Stupidity and politics, oops, redundant.

Our constitutional rights are being trampled on. And I am not talking just sports attendance.
twk
AG
DL76 said:

If you were going to try to reseat the entire season ticket holder base, I think you would have to do that now, and I don't really think that's feasible.

If we do play, conditions between September 1 and November 1 are going to change--possibly for the better, possibly for the worst. I can't see why you would spend a huge amount of time and money reseating the entire season ticket base when: (1) you may have no fans; or (2) there may come a point in the season where you can return to 100% capacity.

If I were in charge, I'd tell TMF members if they want to opt out now, they can: (1) get a refund; (2) apply the credit to next year's tickets; or (3) donate the refund to the TMF. These are the same options they gave baseball season ticket holders back in the Spring. If you have a significant number opt out now, that might give you some flexibility.

If we do have a 50% limitation, then that means that community spread is still a concern. Given that, and the complete mess that a full reseating is likely to cause, I'd seat as many donors as I could fit in the clubs and suites, and use the Field Box seats for player comps. I'd then use everything else for students. You'd maximize revenue while minimizing headaches,.and you'd avoid mixing the resident population (students) with the folks from out of town (Suites, club seats, and field boxes enter from different points).

If things get better during the season where we can go to 100%, then season ticket holders would already have their tickets in hand--all you'd have to do is make the announcement.
TXAGBQ76
AG
At least a month ago the TMF sent out emails reflecting what you stated if the season is cancelled, no fans, limited fans, etc.
threeanout
AG
Here was the email which was sent on April 22:

In the event that the 2020 football season is canceled in its entirety, season ticket holders would be offered refund options for both the cost of their tickets and the associated seat contribution. Options would include:
  • Applying the refund as a credit toward 2021 football season tickets.
  • Refunding the full amount to the method of payment originally used.
  • Donating all or a portion of the refund to the 12th Man Foundation in support of Texas A&M Athletics.
In the event that the 2020 season is played but materially altered, there are many scenarios that could result in season ticket holders being impacted. Regardless of the scenario, Texas A&M Athletics and the 12th Man Foundation will act in the best interest of our season ticket holders and honor their financial commitment.
twk
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

At least a month ago the TMF sent out emails reflecting what you stated if the season is cancelled, no fans, limited fans, etc.
Yes, but I don't think they will make it contingent on the season being cancelled or played without fans. In fact, I think that if you called them up right now and said you wanted to opt out for 2020, they'd be willing to hold your spot for 2021. They know they are going to take a bit hit this year, one way or another, and are going to play the long game, trying to keep fans committed for the long term.
Proposition Joe
If we're at reduced capacity, seats will be selected again -- either by an individual season ticket holder seat select or via public/presale sale of the available reduced capacity seating.
threeanout
AG
Proposition Joe said:

If we're at reduced capacity, seats will be selected again -- either by an individual season ticket holder seat select or via public/presale sale of the available reduced capacity seating.
Similar to what the Astros did.

Moved everyone's season ticket money from this year to next year and hoped everyone would stay in. Announced that if fans were allowed at any game or any post season game this year, then those season ticket holders in "good standing" would be given first priority at purchasing these tickets.

Of course the Astros season ticket renewal starts in September with A&M's kicking off in February.

TXAGBQ76
AG
You may be right, I'm just telling what their communication has been to date
SouthCollegeStation
It seems that the 12th Man Foundation will need to await the SEC Conference decision before they can announce any specific details on Kyle Field seating strategy.

One of many different possibilities is that the SEC season may not start for the Aggies on Saturday September 5. There may be a potential to move the starting date out to Saturday, September 12 or Saturday, September 19.
The Big 10 is kicking this ideal around as a potential option.
BCSAG04
AG
No fans.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.