Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

College Football's New Headache: Deciding Who Can Attend Games

5,188 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TexAgs91
who?mikejones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
As it should be. If you are a high risk person, you are responsible for your own health.
jm94
AG
JustisWalkert said:

https://cbs4indy.com/news/coronavirus/little-evidence-that-protests-spread-covid-19-in-us/

"There is little evidence that the protests that erupted after George Floyd's death caused a significant increase in U.S. coronavirus infections, according to public health experts."

So why should we be concerned about spreading COVID-19 at a football game?
For the most part, protesters have been wearing masks.
twk
AG
jm94 said:

JustisWalkert said:

https://cbs4indy.com/news/coronavirus/little-evidence-that-protests-spread-covid-19-in-us/

"There is little evidence that the protests that erupted after George Floyd's death caused a significant increase in U.S. coronavirus infections, according to public health experts."

So why should we be concerned about spreading COVID-19 at a football game?
For the most part, protesters have been wearing masks.

I'm not sure you can back up the assertion that most protesters were wearing masks, but that is sort of beside the point. If it's safe to protest in close quarters so long as you wear a mask, then it's safe to sit in an outdoor football stadium with a mask.
threeanout
AG
twk said:

AggieAces06 said:

Donation better not be the only option for those who don't make the attendance list. No tickets for me means I want my money back.

After the offseason if we get a option to sign up for tickets or a refund, I will be going for the refund.

The writer of the article left off a bit, regarding the baseball policy

Quote:

Many universities are coming up with creative solutions to milk money from their alumni bases. Texas A&M will give season-ticket holders the opportunity to donate the cost of their seats should capacity restrictions prevent them from attending, a strategy the Aggies also used for the canceled spring baseball season.
In fact, baseball season ticket holders were offered: (1) a pro rata cash refund; (2) the option to roll the credit over to next season; or, (3) the option to donate. I took option #2.
The writer of the article failed to mention that the 12th Man Foundation has already issued a statement which said:

As part of our commitment to our donors and ticket buyers, we feel it is prudent to provide information in the event the upcoming football schedule is altered or outright canceled.
In the event that the 2020 football season is canceled in its entirety, season ticket holders would be offered refund options for both the cost of their tickets and the associated seat contribution. Options would include:
  • Applying the refund as a credit toward 2021 football season tickets.
  • Refunding the full amount to the method of payment originally used.
  • Donating all or a portion of the refund to the 12th Man Foundation in support of Texas A&M Athletics.
In the event that the 2020 season is played but materially altered, there are many scenarios that could result in season ticket holders being impacted. Regardless of the scenario, Texas A&M Athletics and the 12th Man Foundation will act in the best interest of our season ticket holders and honor their financial commitment.

I did the same as you in baseball, honestly unsure of what I am going to do with football if a decision has to be made.
twk
AG
I'll probably go option 2 for football, if it comes to that, but I'm feeling a lot more ambivalent about keeping football tickets long term. I still enjoy baseball.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Hook Sully up with a facial recognition camera and drop in a few terrabytes of machine learning into the cloud and put a hand sensor on the base of the statue where the pennies go.

If you want to go to a game, you have to put your palm on the sensor. Sully's new AI allows him to determine if you are red ass - instant admission or a 2%er - back of the line.
DevilD77
AG
Well since the team doesn't seem to want the FTAB and the Corps there anymore nor any of us who support keeping SULLY, I don't think social distancing will be a real problem.
hunter2012
AG
Southlake said:

who?mikejones said:

The higher the risk you are, the lower your priority should be
The whole West side will be empty...

Sounds like a typical home game...
JustisWalkert
AG
Perhaps you have stumbled upon the answer.
TexAgs91
AG
That's funny they're worried about 100,000 people attending

#benchoutkylefield
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.