Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Players were truthful regarding interaction with former student

32,012 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by spherical
TxAg2009WC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wow... you won't even say that a young man threatening to stab retirees based on their race is wrong.
BJC
AG
TxAg2012WC said:

Wow... you won't even say that a young man threatening to stab retirees based on their race is wrong.
TxAg2012WC,

Is it really necessary for me to say it again, this time to your specification so that you can feel better, when I have already mentioned in my previous posts my not condoning physical violence, which by the way, never actually happened despite the heated verbal exchange that took place amongst the two opposing parties of Aggies? Cooler heads eventually prevailed after each side had their say on the issue.

Peer Ag, we currently much have bigger issues at hand concerning our collegiate alma mater rather than the contested status of a mere statue which regardless of a decision of its future will be soon put to the side once college football season arrives this fall despite the pandemic.

Rest! (...and relax for once.)

Again, Gig 'em!
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
TxAg2009WC
AG
Ljo1977
AG
Stated so perfectly. Thank you!
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

However, this ignores the fact that player used literal criminal assault to silence the old ag. Forcing silence with the threat of violence is virtually indistinguishable from violence itself.

This thread continues to plumb newer and dumber lows. It needs to be locked up at this point.

Ag Tag
LOL, hypocrisyzapoppin'
cheeky
AG
BJC said:

TxAg2012WC said:

TxAg2012WC,

Is it really necessary for me to say it again, this time to your specification so that you can feel better, when I have already mentioned in my previous posts my not condoning physical violence, which by the way, never actually happened despite the heated verbal exchange that took place amongst the two opposing parties of Aggies? Cooler heads eventually prevailed after each side had their say on the issue.

Peer Ag, we currently much have bigger issues at hand concerning our collegiate mater rather than the contested status of a mere statue which regardless of a decision of its future will be soon put to the side once college football season arrives this fall despite the pandemic.

Rest! (...and relax for once.)

Again, Gig 'em!
Maybe you and a very small handful of others do, but don't speak for the tens of thousands of other alumnus. And your failure to condemn the threat of slitting someone tells me all I need to know about you and your double standard of racism. It is you who needs to rest.
TxAg2009WC
AG
Right, the threat of political violence obviously means nothing when we can watch some boys play a child's game.

You can attempt to discredit reality, psychology, and philosophy all you want, but a particular partisan group being allowed to threaten and (in numerous other circumstances) use violence to compel a certain way of thinking (here the revision of am institution) is one of the most dangerous norms to create.

But continue being a useful idiot and ignoring what is actually transpiring. This isnt about this particular exchange, both sides will tell you that; this is a war for the heart and soul.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

Right, the threat of political violence obviously means nothing when we can watch some boys play a child's game.

You can attempt to discredit reality, psychology, and philosophy all you want, but a particular partisan group being allowed to threaten and (in numerous other circumstances) use violence to compel a certain way of thinking (here the revision of am institution) is one of the most dangerous norms to create.

But continue being a useful idiot and ignoring what is actually transpiring. This isnt about this particular exchange, both sides will tell you that; this is a war for the heart and soul.

You should take this crusade to the Campus police . . . . .they are the ones that are actually responsible for law enforcement. Howling at the Moon on TexAgs at 1:30 in the morning is probably not the most productive approach here.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

This was a nice rhetorical flourish. Man the barricades!!!!

The Old Ag attitude is a tough one though if you are going for the heart and soul angle. The folks willing to argue all day and night on internet boards or go out to campus to defend Sully's honor are a very tiny minority. The tens of thousands of alumni will speak for what A&M stands for and that is out of your control. Once you realize that . . . . it all gets a bit easier to swallow. Institutions change and evolve with the times. It is what it is.

And the term "Useful Idiot" means someone supports a cause they don't understand. Can you articulate this cause you think we are supporting unwittingly? BLM, Marxism, Anarchy, Nihilsim??? What is it we are being shills for here?
Line up and wait 18L
TexAggie1999
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

The Old Ag attitude is a tough one though if you are going for the heart and soul angle. The folks willing to argue all day and night on internet boards or go out to campus to defend Sully's honor are a very tiny minority. The tens of thousands of alumni will speak for what A&M stands for and that is out of your control. Once you realize that . . . . it all gets a bit easier to swallow. Institutions change and evolve with the times. It is what it is.

And the term "Useful Idiot" means someone supports a cause they don't understand. Can you articulate this cause you think we are supporting unwittingly? BLM, Marxism, Anarchy, Nihilsim??? What is it we are being shills for here?

Suggesting it is a minority of former students who stand against the lack of tolerance exhibited by Mond and his fellow group of BLM oppressors is not honest. I don't think any of us can point to solid statistics, but from what I see, more people want to KEEP the Sully statue.

It comes down to whether we want to give in to the vocal and sometimes violent minority. I hope the university leaders have the courage to not give in.

By the way, didn't the petition to keep Sully get more votes than the petition to remove him?
Macarthur
TxAg2012WC said:

You are still using evasive language. You already said the old guy revealed his "ugliness" and more than implied the man was a racist, yet you will not directly say a player threatening to "slit" a former student was in the wrong. At most you say you don't support physical violence, but then immediately add that of course nothing happened (again with your cooler head line). However, this ignores the fact that player used literal criminal assault to silence the old ag. Forcing silence with the threat of violence is virtually indistinguishable from violence itself. Come off it man, you are being a dishonest interlocutor or maybe you actually do not see your own blind spots here.

And no, this statue is more important than kids playing football for a season. This is the heart and soul of what makes a 150 year old institution what it is. Some of it is undeniably bad, but much more is honorable and good. Destroying a people's history and culture is literally erasure. I'd rather that statue be untouched than another down of football ever played at Texas A&M.

I'm not an aggie but have a son that will be in about a month so you take my opinion or leave it, but I feel the bolded above is really at the heart of this.

I simply don't think the younger Ags think Sully is what you describe.
ancientag67
Disagree. My grandson and his friends are very upset and can't wait to get back to campus to make their feelings known. There are a lot of 2nd and 3rd generation Aggies that know Sully very well.
ancientag67
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

[url=http://www.bardwords.org/famous-shakespeare-quotes/methinks-thou-dost-protest-too-much.htm][/url]Methinks thou dost protest too much

[url=http://www.bardwords.org/famous-shakespeare-quotes/methinks-thou-dost-protest-too-much.htm][/url]
TxAg2009WC
AG
Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

None of what you said is an actual normative argument. Stating the fact that institutions change doesn't mean they should, let alone that this specific institution should change in this specific way.

And yes, I'll take your bait. BLM had virtually nothing to do with actually caring about equality and its merely a religious figurehead for a post modernistic political/cultural revolution
zephyr88
AG
Black guy calls another black guy ***ga and it's all cool.

Old white guy guestions whether a young black man is a Blaggie or an Aggie and all hell breaks loose.

Welcome to the day and age of false outrage.
alamoaggie64
AG
He clearly did not mean any offense.

Surrrree he didn't. he needs to stay home in his cave next time there will be interaction with students.
alamoaggie64
Rongagin71
AG
If by "BLM" one simply means the saying "Black Lives Matter" that is fine.
If you mean the organization "Black Lives Matter International" which has received at least $33,000,000 from George Sorors and used it to organize violent mob actions in many different countries...that depends.
HighwaySix
AG
Just finished watching "D-Day at Point Du Hoc" on Amazon prime. It chronicled the actions of the Rangers 2nd Battalion led by Col James Earl Rudder. What was so obvious to me is that this generation of SJW crybabies will never hold a candle to the real men who laid their lives on the line and those who gave it all to advance the ideals of our constitution and the country that they cherished. So many of our forebears have suffered mightily to make our nation a more perfect Union, each in his/her own imperfect way. Instead of showing gratitude and appreciation for the blessings and opportunities afforded them by previous generations of Americans, they would rather denigrate and slander those who went before them, somehow thinking because they had flaws they are unworthy of remembrance and praise. Remember, these same types of judgmental people hung the one and only perfect person on a cross. Why we even entertain their ludicrous demands is beyond me. We owe them NOTHING!
Houstonag
AG
I had the privilege of meeting and talking with Earl Rudder. He signed both of my diplomas. I knew I was speaking with someone special and unique. Not so today with Sharp and Young. No comparison.
jaxisback
We need to find our next Colonel Rudder and deposit these clowns that are running this current administration.
terata
AG
I wonder how much false outrage this will cause.

I am:

1. Race: White
2. Nationality: United States of America
3. Ethnicity: European American
4. State: TEXAN (at least seventh-generation)
6. Collegiate alma mater: Texas A&M University (second generation)
infinity ag
The old guy clearly said "Blackie".

But then I know almost all black guys say "whitey"
TyperWoods
Leaving out context is not truthful behaviour.
Escobars army
HighwaySix said:

Just finished watching "D-Day at Point Du Hoc" on Amazon prime. It chronicled the actions of the Rangers 2nd Battalion led by Col James Earl Rudder. What was so obvious to me is that this generation of SJW crybabies will never hold a candle to the real men who laid their lives on the line and those who gave it all to advance the ideals of our constitution and the country that they cherished. So many of our forebears have suffered mightily to make our nation a more perfect Union, each in his/her own imperfect way. Instead of showing gratitude and appreciation for the blessings and opportunities afforded them by previous generations of Americans, they would rather denigrate and slander those who went before them, somehow thinking because they had flaws they are unworthy of remembrance and praise. Remember, these same types of judgmental people hung the one and only perfect person on a cross. Why we even entertain their ludicrous demands is beyond me. We owe them NOTHING!

You do realize Sully supported a cause designed to crumble that Union you speak so highly of? Oh the irony....
HighwaySix
AG
Escobars army said:

HighwaySix said:

You do realize Sully supported a cause designed to crumble that Union you speak so highly of? Oh the irony....
You do realize that those who actually fought against and defeated the Confederacy forgave Sully and many of the Confederate generals, yet here you are, Pharisee.
TyperWoods
Escobars army said:

HighwaySix said:

What cause was that?
03_Aggie
infinity ag said:

The old guy clearly said "Blackie".

But then I know almost all black guys say "whitey"

It was clear he said Yanny and not Laurel.
Post removed:
by user
TyperWoods
Can someone please tell them the bevel is racist?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
aggie appraiser
When one's only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.
spherical
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Windy City Ag said:

Quote:

Wrong.

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3123540

To paraphrase the West Wing.., ok but they didn't ask how MUCH they cared

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.