Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Players were truthful regarding interaction with former student

32,154 Views | 207 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by spherical
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
So.....will there be something other than "Power" by Kanye that the team comes out to?

Racist slurs and all....
RetiredpostalMarine
Or, stop trying to rewrite history to fit your narrative. Like liberals have with the Constitution, Bible, and any other document or speech they want to *******ize
I talk to him when I am lonesome like; and I am sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth
Arrilang
Correct me if I'm wrong but it doesn't seem as though you're seeking dialogue, or even additional knowledge about what's going on in the larger scheme of things.
2008and1
AG
Two things:

1) Took old man until after they got pissed to add in the "whitie" line. Not surprised he lost his audience by then.

2) The "i don't see race" argument doesn't work. It is easy as a white dude to make a claim like that because the only thing at risk here is a loss of nostalgia. A black student doesn't get the privilege of ignoring their race.
romanagg11
It's not racist in this situation.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
2008and1 said:

A black student doesn't get the privilege of ignoring their race.

But they get the privilege of playing the race card or claiming victimization? Is that how it works? A student attending college at one of the premiere public universities in the country feels somehow they need to define themselves first and foremost by the color of their skin / ethnicity....... I don't see other minorities doing that.
cheeky
AG
blackie v. blacky so confused
bv86ag
AG
So what is the point of this rehashed ad nauseum?
1. These young black players suggesting that all white Aggies are racist?
Or just the old white men who provide their scholarships?
2. This is now justification to tear down the statue of Lawrence Sullivan Ross because a 73 year old man said "blackie"?
3.Therefore...by extension... all Aggies (especially the alumni) are racist and the players (especially that track guy) can justify acting like a thug by bowing up and threatening and acting like they wanted to start shyte?
4. Who are the real racists here? This is being overblown by a bunch of young black athletes looking to start crap by saying "oooh look...an old man called me blackie!...I now can justify my threatening actions!!! I can go back and tell people "They MADE me walk all the way out there...harrassing the police along the way...rip my shirt off...bow up to a defenseless 73 year old man!! I didn't get in his face or do anything..see ..i am innocent and the old man is a meanie bad person...just like all those racists i told you about!!"
5. Therefore..A&M by extension is a bad place full of racists?
If you feel that way...highway 6 runs both ways...maybe you should use it instead of harrassing and threatening 73 year old men to try to justify your thug behavior...and then tell everyone what a great person you are.
Houstonag
AG
I am offended by the any athlete, student, professor stating today that they have a right, authority, position , duty to remove a statue that others for a 100 years said was ok. One group cannot override another in some instant move to correct their interpretation of a name, a slogan, or a group (like the Corps).

YES, IAM OFFENDED.
Ag Tag
Houstonag said:

I am offended by the any athlete, student, professor stating today that they have a right, authority, position , duty to remove a statue that others for a 100 years said was ok. One group cannot override another in some instant move to correct their interpretation of a name, a slogan, or a group (like the Corps).

It's all part of the revolution.
TChaney
https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3122071/

I am working on a transcript using all 3 videos available of the conversation.

I need help making out some of the conversation and especially putting names to the speakers.

It's on the politics board - so fair warning.
P.H. Dexippus
AG
Quote:

Ke'Shun Brown: Say it again and I will slit you, I promise
Wow
Aggies2009
AG
2008and1 said:

2) The "i don't see race" argument doesn't work. It is easy as a white dude to make a claim like that because the only thing at risk here is a loss of nostalgia. A black student doesn't get the privilege of ignoring their race.
Let's face it, no "argument" really works in that situation. Many have their minds made up in advance that they're dealing with a racist and nothing will change that. The "racist" accusation is used to get someone on the defensive and sadly most people take the bait and start defending themselves. And then the discussion is now over whether they're racist or not, and since someone can't prove a negative, any of their reasons for not being racist are immediately shot down and ridiculed.

If someone accuses someone else of being racist, the burden of proof is on the accuser, not the accused to prove a negative.
geoag58
AG
To all of you clutching pearls what do you think the old fart meant?
Bucketrunner
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

Wow
If that is true, Jimbo should be helping him pack his bags and get the hell outta here.
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Bucketrunner said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

Wow
If that is true, Jimbo should be helping him pack his bags and get the hell outta here.

People that make statements like should not have the opportunity to play sports.
TChaney
Bucketrunner said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

Wow
Listen for yourself - Please, I want to make sure it's right

https://texags.com/forums/16/topics/3122071/

You can click play on the twitter video and scroll down to follow along the transcript.

If there are mistakes or discrepancies I want feedback

For that section The second video (BROWN) seems to have the best audio

(I know there is debate on Blaggie vs Blackie and Whigee vs Whitey)
Oscar Diggs
AG
Hawk2007 said:

Our team can intimidate 70 year old former students, but definitely not LSU, Bama, or Auburn.
maybe our guys can crash some of their Class of 70 team reunions, they might have a chance then
TxAg2009WC
AG
Ag Tag said:

Houstonag said:

It's all part of the revolution.
People need to wake the hell up. This has little to do with actual race issues anymore. Its a propaganda vehicle because who wants to side with the "racists." Never mind study after study shows cops are MORE likely to shoot white suspects and do overall. BLM is a convenient lie to completely revolutionize are society by, in the words of its leadership, "trained marxists."

If these "aggies" get their way and remove sully, my ring comes off my finger for good and my diploma comes down from my office.
sotexag79
AG
Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

Wow
There is a lot more to the story when you read the whole transcript. I am shocked the media hasn't picked up on it and is only using the "you're a coon" girls version.

Mr. Leroy didn't say "blackie" he said "blaggie". Awkward, but not intentionally racist. If you can't see his point no use trying to explain it.

PabloSerna
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

RetiredpostalMarine said:

"This is essentially a direct play on the "I don't see color" argument. "I don't see color" is not the antithesis of racism. Its just a cop-out way not to talk about race."

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Man, MLK was so out of touch. He just wasn't woke enough.

That's a pretty blatant corruption of MLK's "dream" and point. But here's an article explaining why better than I can.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unseen-and-unheard/201508/the-distortion-martin-luther-kings-dream

Major point: He didn't want a world that doesn't acknowledge and embrace diversity. MLK wasn't colorblind and he didn't want you to be colorblind either.

Really, though, everyone would just be better off if they stopped taking old quotes out context.
Excellent read and bookmarked for future reference.

I remember early watching School House Rock and the Melting Pot clip. While it sounds promising - the reality is far from it. As was stated in the preceding article, 'colorblind' devalues our uniqueness as people from different cultures. To me this uniqueness is what makes America great.

Here's that clip...

RetiredpostalMarine
Yea, that's what MLK said, but it's not what he really meant. My sociology and psychology professors told me what he really meant.

Yes, that's what the Bible says, but it really doesn't mean that.

Yes, that's what the Constitution says, but it's not what those hack framers really meant.
I talk to him when I am lonesome like; and I am sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth
levypantsEOY
sotexag79 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

Wow

Mr. Leroy didn't say "blackie" he said "blaggie". Awkward, but not intentionally racist. If you can't see his point no use trying to explain it.

Nope. He said "blackie." Cringe inducing.
TChaney
levypantsEOY said:

sotexag79 said:

Mr. AGSPRT04 said:

Quote:

Wow

Nope. He said "blackie." Cringe inducing.
Out of curiosity did you watch the Travis Brown video? or just the one tweeted by Infinite Tucker?
sotexag79
AG
Tucker.
PabloSerna
AG
geoag58 said:

It's clear to me that he was trying to make a point that we are all Aggies - not black Aggies or white Aggies.

I find it untenable that Mr. Leroy, as an older white man, can understand what a young black man is going through in today's heighten tension between those in authority and those walking down the street wearing a hoodie. Even if the hoodie has a beveled ATM on it.

If you want some insight into how some black people feel about this very topic - read this

I'm sure Mr. Leroy's analogy was intended as good thing - it remains however - a bad analogy and that is what the people were trying to tell him.

+pablo

PabloSerna
AG

Yea, that's what MLK said, but it's not what he really meant. My sociology and psychology professors told me what he really meant.

Yes, that's what the Bible says, but it really doesn't mean that.

Yes, that's what the Constitution says, but it's not what those hack framers really meant.
The good news for you, I, and your professors is that King's children and grandchildren are still saying the same thing and we can all read about it.

+pablo
RetiredpostalMarine
"Nope. He said "blackie." Cringe inducing."

He said Whitey too!!!! Cringe inducing !!

Please put it into context. We are all Aggies. We aren't Blackies or Whiteys we are Aggies.

Apparently some of these students skin pigmentation is the most important thing in their life. How sad. Does any Christian believe that GOD sees the color of our skin? He sees all of us as his creation.

We were all the same color thousands of years ago. Our pigmentation and hair have changed due to the environments we lived in.
RetiredpostalMarine
https://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/we-want-justice-but-not-violence

What do you think your uncle would say now? What would be his response to the protests?
During Martin Luther King Jr.'s lifetime, he said, "When we learn to value the human personality, we won't kill anybody."
I believe he would advise us to see each other as human beings, not separate races, not socioeconomic differences. Social gospel is different from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Martin Luther King Jr. was a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So there again, he would remind us, "Listen to each other; communicate."

The most important message I can remind America is this: "We are one blood," Acts 17:26.
God made all people. We are not separate races. We should not fight over skin color. We can see skin color. We're not colorblind. But we should learn to live together, as brothers, as my uncle Martin Luther King said, and, I'll add, as sisters, or perish together as fools.
America, we can get through this. We're going to need God's help and God's blessing.
OldArmy71
AG
Why would "Blaggie" be offensive?

I do not know the older Aggie personally, but he and I were at A&M about the same time. He was alluding to a term that was in use in those days when women were new to campus: we called them "Maggies."

I knew that's what the older Aggie was referring to in creating the neologism "Blaggie," but I also understand that the athletes there in his face do not have that context and could easily misunderstand it.

Of course, that doesn't excuse Blue Sweatshirt guy for leaning over and saying, "Say that again and I'll slit you."
terata
AG
"low rent thugs/freeloaders/too stupid to get in the school on their own merit/"

If the video is any indication, there may be some truth to your comment. But, please, show some compassion.

technoviking
AG

https://www.ncregister.com/daily-news/we-want-justice-but-not-violence

What do you think your uncle would say now? What would be his response to the protests?
During Martin Luther King Jr.'s lifetime, he said, "When we learn to value the human personality, we won't kill anybody."
I believe he would advise us to see each other as human beings, not separate races, not socioeconomic differences. Social gospel is different from the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Martin Luther King Jr. was a preacher of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So there again, he would remind us, "Listen to each other; communicate."

The most important message I can remind America is this: "We are one blood," Acts 17:26.
God made all people. We are not separate races. We should not fight over skin color. We can see skin color. We're not colorblind. But we should learn to live together, as brothers, as my uncle Martin Luther King said, and, I'll add, as sisters, or perish together as fools.
America, we can get through this. We're going to need God's help and God's blessing.

In MLK's last sermon before he was assassinated he said: " We've got some difficult days ahead. But it really doesn't matter with me now, because I've been to the mountaintop And He's allowed me to go up to the mountain. And I've looked over, and I've seen the Promised Land. I may not get there with you. But I want you to know tonight that we, as a people, will get to the promised land."

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/dr-king-is-assassinated

There is clearly a feeling that we are not at the promised land, to which you have asserted Mr Leroy was insinuating in his message. Folks certainly wish it were so, but it is not.
TxAg2009WC
AG
PabloSerna said:

geoag58 said:

It's clear to me that he was trying to make a point that we are all Aggies - not black Aggies or white Aggies.

I find it untenable that Mr. Leroy, as an older white man, can understand what a young black man is going through in today's heighten tension between those in authority and those walking down the street wearing a hoodie. Even if the hoodie has a beveled ATM on it.

If you want some insight into how some black people feel about this very topic - read this

I'm sure Mr. Leroy's analogy was intended as good thing - it remains however - a bad analogy and that is what the people were trying to tell him.

+pablo

Yet its somehow tenable for those black people to know the experiance of white people? Hmmmmm

Isn't that the whole point of discussing issues? Yet you think half of interlocutors need to be silent only because of their race? Hmmmm

Somehow one sides emotional state matters only because of their race and fact and logical reasoning don't matter? Hmmmmm
TexAggie1999
TXAggie2011 said:

"This is essentially a direct play on the "I don't see color" argument. "I don't see color" is not the antithesis of racism. Its just a cop-out way not to talk about race."

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

That's a pretty blatant corruption of MLK's "dream" and point. But here's an article explaining why better than I can.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/unseen-and-unheard/201508/the-distortion-martin-luther-kings-dream

Major point: He didn't want a world that doesn't acknowledge and embrace diversity. MLK wasn't colorblind and he didn't want you to be colorblind either.

Really, though, everyone would just be better off if they stopped taking old quotes out context.
It is NOT a corruption of MLK's dream because that article says so. That article is horrible. It is just an opportunity to seek out special and preferential treatment for black people. The author has no more idea what MLK wanted than anyone else.

YES, we should become a colorblind society. That would FIX racism. To say otherwise just shows you are disingenuous in wanting to end racism.

The article states "Being colorblind is not what we should strive for because the colorblind ideology does not bring Peoples of Color up to make everyone equal."

Should we make everyone equal? Absolutely NOT! We should have equal opportunities. If we make just as good decisions and work just as hard, we should be roughly equal. We will always fall short because there is some luck and circumstance involved, but that should be the goal. We should NOT strive to make blacks equal in success as whites or Asians or anyone else. If on average black people make better choices and work harder, they should be MORE successful. Their success should be in proportion to what they do, for better or worse.

This article talks a lot about valuing diversity and different cultures. It clearly doesn't like the idea of the US being a melting pot. It wants everyone to maintain their own cultural identify. I don't agree with that, but that is fine as long as everyone accepts that different cultures can lead to different levels of success. If one culture advocates hard work and education (such as the Asian culture), they SHOULD be more successful. Blacks, just like whites, should be viewed as individuals and on the merit of their own views and accomplishments. However, if many blacks adhere to a "culture", then they cannot expect to reach equal levels of success as long as that culture includes significant crime and violence (including black on black violence), a significantly higher rate of single parent homes, and putting athletics over education. Not all blacks are part of that culture. Those that are not are going to be more successful.

If a culture values things that are less likely to make you successful, you SHOULD be less successful, whether you are black or white. We should NOT strive to have everyone be EQUAL, especially if we are going to support the author's idea that we should not have a common identity and common culture.

It is freaking skin color. It should NOT matter. The pigment of your skin doesn't mean crap. Cultures may be different. They aren't equal. Some are more fun. Some are more likely to make you successful. Some have many bad aspects. But skin color? It means NOTHING. Saying everyone should be judged by their character and actions and not their skin color is the right thing. Be colorblind.

Arguing against being colorblind is just a tactic to push for special treatment and preferential treatment for races. In short, it is racist.
2004FIGHTINTXAG
TXAggie2011 said:

Are you kidding me?! We should all strive to not see color or judge by the color of one's skin. That is exactly how we move forward and help to rid racism from the world.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.