Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2020 SEC Football Just died

38,359 Views | 234 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Aggies2009
Class of 65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
30 LSU players tested positive according to the Eagle . We done.
halfastros81
AG
Why? The season is way more than 2 weeks away. Get it over with now.... play later.
Punked Shank
AG
Don't care if a season is played this year.

How many of those players will die? How many will actually develop more than a cough? How many will be asymptomatic
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Who cares? The virus is a nothingburger...

Did any of them show any symptoms?
CoachLB
Did they test positive for antibodies or positive for the active virus? Do they have symptoms? I guess that does not matter. Dr F said last week MLB should not play in Oct. because it is the start of flu season and we MAY have another wave of corona virus. I mean are we going to shutdown sports because of the flu now? I do not want any kid to get sick. But just yesterday the testing was questioned if some of these positive test were real. The official word on this virus changes every week. My wife is a Superintendent of schools and the rules almost have it impossible to have school. I do not have the answer.
Double Diamond
Not how this works. You don't just get this and never get it again.
Double Diamond
How many people did they come in contact with that might face grave implications.
Double Diamond
Because this country can't deal with normal flu and Covid. Sir. I suggest you talk to hospital workers in Dallas and Houston. It isn't okay.
Mathguy64
AG
Sounds to me like LSU just became a win by forfeit on the schedule. We get 7 more just like that and we are in the SEC championship game!

Seriously though, this is not good.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Double Diamond said:

How many people did they come in contact with that might face grave implications.

Based on the current known numbers...

A fraction of 1%
halfastros81
AG
Quote:

Do you have some evidence to support that statement? I;m not saying otherwise but I haven't seen anything definitive.
CoachLB
Double Diamond said:

Because this country can't deal with normal flu and Covid. Sir. I suggest you talk to hospital workers in Dallas and Houston. It isn't okay.
. Sir where in my post did I say it was OK? As a matter of fact I said I do not have the answer. I said are we going to shut down everything now because it is flu season. Which Dr. F said MLB should not play in Oct because it is the start of flu season. Which implied to me he thinks we should maybe not play during the flu season. He then added at the end there may be another round of corona virus. Which in my opinion are two different things. We have a flu vaccine and still have thousands die from flu every year. Covid is probably here to stay. Do we just stop living?
Jack Cheese
AG
Double Diamond said:

You don't know that. It's overly-assured statements like this that cause so many problems.
1976Ag
AG
I have attached two articles concerning LSU football players and COVID-19

https://www.wafb.com/2020/06/09/lsu-football-players-return-campus-voluntary-workouts/

This on says the LSU players reported to campus on June 9 for voluntary workouts. It also says the staff are taking temperures and using antibody testing.

The second article:
https://www.si.com/college/2020/06/20/lsu-football-players-quarantined-coronavirus

This article on June 20 says that at least 30 of the 115 LSU football players have been quarantined due to testing positive for COVID-19 or exposed to someone who had tested positive. The article also said that the tracing indicated that the players did not contract COVID from the workouts, but blamed the exposure to visiting several local bars in "Tigerland".

You would think that if the players took the upcoming football season seriously, they would have self quarantined with the team.

So as a poster said earlier, let LSU play with the players that can play or forfeit the games.
Ifishandlie
AG
LSU can't afford not to play this year. They desperately need the money.
Just Tired
1976Ag said:

You would think that if the players took the upcoming football season seriously, they would...

players these days are much too self-important to take what they were brought in to do seriously.
Panama Red
AG
Positive tests are expected when players return to football training.

If 30 kids are still testing positive in August, that's an issue.
Punked Shank
AG
mathguy86 said:

Sounds to me like LSU just became a win by forfeit on the schedule. We get 7 more just like that and we are in the SEC championship game!

Seriously though, this is not good.

Username doesn't check out or should I wait 2 more weeks???
saw em off
According to Boomer Esiason, they're getting it on purpose to be immune by the time the season starts.
northeastag
AG
CoachLB said:

Did they test positive for antibodies or positive for the active virus? Do they have symptoms? I guess that does not matter. Dr F said last week MLB should not play in Oct. because it is the start of flu season and we MAY have another wave of corona virus. I mean are we going to shutdown sports because of the flu now? I do not want any kid to get sick. But just yesterday the testing was questioned if some of these positive test were real. The official word on this virus changes every week. My wife is a Superintendent of schools and the rules almost have it impossible to have school. I do not have the answer.
Good grief. Fauci needs a muzzle.
Prophet00
AG
Why is that idiocy? It may not always be the case, but a coworker of mine in Houston was positive, dealt with the virus for two weeks (which he said was hell), went through 4 subsequent negative tests over 4 weeks, and tested positive again on Saturday. There is so much we don't know, but I for one will err on the side of caution rather than shouting down folks that suggest this could be serious.
Double Diamond
No. Same as you don't have any it will work. But we won't be acting as if it will. You can get the flu over and over.
Double Diamond
Yeah you do know that many people who have recovered went though a rough deal. Blood clots, thickened blood. Crystallized lungs. Blood transfusions. But hey you lived. So who cares about getting this.
wheelz
AG
The fact remains that you don't shut down the country for a virus whose death rate is 1%.

People die every year from all sorts of things, some from viruses, and we live on. You don't stop and hide. You go on. You take the necessary precautions and go on.
TxAg76
AG
Covid isn't about YOU, and whether you get it.
It's about trying to ensure people's recklessness doesn't inadvertently pass it on to others, eventually killing someone who didn't need to die.

You really think all these businesses, particularly airlines and pro/college sports, and all the affected enterprises from that realm alone is shutting things down over nothing?
They don't give a F about anything the media says. They're banking on the REAL data. From the medical experts, and a ton of highly paid analysts.

They wouldn't lose millions on something that was minor. Wake up.
Double Diamond
Now a smart person joins the chat^
W
AG
the fun thing about this...the possible parallels to the 1988 Hurricane Bowl.

where some teams will use the COVID to navigate a favorable course thru their schedule.

specifically to avoid road games where they are an underdog...or while trying to protect an undefeated record

TxAg76
AG
Do you know anyone that's died from it?
Did you tell the family it was just tough luck?

Are you one of those that thinks everyone should just get it, get over it, and get this whole mess overwith?
If so, translated, you're saying just kill those that are gonna die from it and get it overwith. Because F them, I wanna do MY thing.

Crossing over on world issues, do all lives matter or not?
Are your inconveniences worth killing people prematurely?

At least allow some time to understand this thing better. And deal with it better. Maybe even develop a vaccine.
At that point, yeah, get out there and live.
Until then, play nice, and let the medical pros figure some sheet out.
Double Diamond
My understanding is this virus has components that are unlike any virus these experts have ever seen. The jump from what's seems to be animal to human is not unusual. It's unusual that the transfer rate is so high. Typically this takes time for a virus to be able to jump back and forth at this rate.
Double Diamond
Also it started out mostly hitting older folks. It's very much changing and hitting more and more younger people.
TxAg76
AG
Double Diamond said:

Also it started out mostly hitting older folks. It's very much changing and hitting more and more younger people.

That's just because of where the initial exposures were, and the mortality rates being lower, therefore making more news.
It doesn't discriminate, it latches onto whatever's around.
30wedge
CoachLB said:

We shut down a huge chunk of the economy for the flu, the Chinese one. I bet not much in the way of sports nor in the way of schools insofar as classroom teaching goes.
Double Diamond
Covid 19 isn't the flu. Very different situation.
30wedge
TxAg76 said:

Covid isn't about YOU, and whether you get it.
It's about trying to ensure people's recklessness doesn't inadvertently pass it on to others, eventually killing someone who didn't need to die.

You really think all these businesses, particularly airlines and pro/college sports, and all the affected enterprises from that realm alone is shutting things down over nothing?
They don't give a F about anything the media says. They're banking on the REAL data. From the medical experts, and a ton of highly paid analysts.

They wouldn't lose millions on something that was minor. Wake up.
Is there a list of those who did deserve to die?
12thMan9
AG
Uhhh, the kill rate for Covid 19 is less than the flu.

Just sayin'

Ronnie '88

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.