Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

No #ComebackSZN

5,346 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Tejas Ag 10
infinity ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
T&P to those suckers who bought his "merch".

Johnny Manziel admits that his football career is probably 'in the past'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2020/06/28/johnny-manziel-admits-football-career-probably-in-the-past/112039684/

Quote:

It's been nearly five years since Johnny Manziel last took the field in an NFL game. And according to the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, that absence will continue indefinitely.
Manziel had brief stints in the CFL and AAF over the past couple of years as he tried to rejuvenate his failed professional football career, but Manziel has now conceded that his football days are in the past.
The former Cleveland Browns quarterback recently moved to Scottsdale, Ariz., where he has been playing golf daily and partying with friends in the Scottsdale nightclub industry. While returning to Texas for a golf trip, Manziel essentially admitted that he has moved on from football.
He said via The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: "In the past, probably, is the way I'd characterize it. I've finally got to a point where I'm trying to achieve happiness in life, not happiness on the football field.

Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
I think Aggies we're Just supportIng a fellow Aggie who happened to win a Heisman for the University...

I doubt anyone feels like a sucker bc they bought a sweatshirt...
saw em off
I had always held on to a thread of hope. Knew it was unlikely, but always wishing I could've seen more magic from him post college. Thank God for Youtube.
DallasTeleAg
Whatever is best for his mental health is what I want.

A fellow Aggie I wish nothing but the best for.
Noble07
AG
Good for him. I do wonder how he funds his lifestyle.
Milwaukees Best Light
AG
What a slow news day when they have to pursue that interview.
Aginnebraska
AG
"While returning to Texas for a golf trip, Manziel essentially admitted that he has moved on from football."

Pretty safe admitting the obvious.
Agsuffering@bulaw
OP!

JFF rebuilt Kyle and took recruiting to new heights. We owe him, even if he made unwise personal decisions. We could start by showing a little respect and not starting hate threads like this one!
30wedge
infinity ag said:

T&P to those suckers who bought his "merch".

Johnny Manziel admits that his football career is probably 'in the past'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2020/06/28/johnny-manziel-admits-football-career-probably-in-the-past/112039684/

Quote:

It's been nearly five years since Johnny Manziel last took the field in an NFL game. And according to the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner, that absence will continue indefinitely.
Manziel had brief stints in the CFL and AAF over the past couple of years as he tried to rejuvenate his failed professional football career, but Manziel has now conceded that his football days are in the past.
The former Cleveland Browns quarterback recently moved to Scottsdale, Ariz., where he has been playing golf daily and partying with friends in the Scottsdale nightclub industry. While returning to Texas for a golf trip, Manziel essentially admitted that he has moved on from football.
He said via The Lubbock Avalanche-Journal: "In the past, probably, is the way I'd characterize it. I've finally got to a point where I'm trying to achieve happiness in life, not happiness on the football field.

I think football moved on from him.
infinity ag
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

OP!

JFF rebuilt Kyle and took recruiting to new heights. We owe him, even if he made unwise personal decisions. We could start by showing a little respect and not starting hate threads like this one!

"hate thread".
Are you one of those easily offended snowflakes who wants to erase/destroy everything?

JFF was A&M's greatest Football player. No doubt about that. But his conduct and work ethic after A&M has been awful.

If he wanted to make a comeback, the way to do it is to build bridges with teams, be on one's best behavior and work damn hard. Selling stuff online calls the whole thing into question. While I always supported him and do so even now, I did not and will not buy anything that he's peddling in the name of a comeback.
EliteZags
AG
https://instagr.am/p/CCEig37BXQP

and here he is partying in what appears to be a Josh Gordon jersey, stay epic
Hawk2007
Noble07 said:

Good for him. I do wonder how he funds his lifestyle.

If you read his bio, his grandfather did well in oil many decades ago, and effectively funded his parents lifestyle. Back when Johnny Football was playing, I think I remember reading up on his roots and somebody here or elsewhere might have mentioned that his parents never had "real" jobs per-say for the lifestyle they were living (somewhat extravagant). Now, Johnny is a beneficiary as well. That kind of explained some of his off the field antics. If I'm not mistaken, he was arrested for a MIP up on Northgate before he really got famous. (Yeah, you can argue that that's no biggie, but in retrospect, he does not appear to have learned from the incident and hence why we never saw him much in the NFL)

Johnny won the sperm lottery in both the financial, as well as, the athletic ability and instinct sides... but unfortunately, my sentiments on him are similar to most here. It's a shame he wasted his greatness.
Hawk2007
DallasTeleAg said:

Whatever is best for his mental health is what I want.

A fellow Aggie I wish nothing but the best for.

Same here. I was genuinely afraid that he would not live this long. It sounds like he has cleaned up his life a lot in recent article from the past year or two. But, I don't care about him anymore in the sense of following his football career.
redd38
AG
I'm starting to think the NFL isn't in my future either
PigInABlanket
AG
Rick Barnes has moved on from consideration
Agsuffering@bulaw
No, but I dont respect people with zero loyalty. You scorn him like a terrorist or sex predator.
PigInABlanket
AG
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

No, but I dont respect people with zero loyalty. You scorn him like a terrorist or sex predator.
I mean, he did beat his girlfriend
DustysLineup
AG
A lot of athletes have had a hard time transitioning when sports ended. I wish him the best.
moz
Aspiring sucker here. I'd like to buy a "Johnny Football" shirt, but I can't find anything but Browns gear.
Faustus
It's crazy to think he's done while PJ Tucker is still dribbling.
infinity ag
Agsuffering@bulaw said:

Oh stop crying.
Tejas Ag 10
AG
I could see him joining the Barstool crew in the near future.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.