Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If we do have football... and Mond is the starting QB

19,545 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TyperWoods
edmac64
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
All highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school. This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.
edmac64
AG
All highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school. This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.
edmac64
AG
edmac64
AG
edmac64
AG
edmac64
AG
agz win
AG
edmac, You ok over there? Did you take your pills?

And I'm clutching to the potential positives that all this may provide to Mond the fortitude some say he has lacked in games past and that maybe he'll have a deep resolve with chip on his shoulder to bring the team along for a great season. One of those "Us against the world" kind of themes. Maybe the stars will align and we'll get lucky to witness some great Aggie football again.
Texas A&M
edmac64 said:

He loves himself. That has to count for something.
Jarrin' Jay
AG
In my opinion.... All highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school. This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.

Aginnebraska
AG
edmac64 said:

While I like Mond, I'm not sure I would categorize him as "highly successful". And I think given the highly charged nature of his rhetoric, I don't think he will attain that level this season. The fact that 2 months out he's talking about politics and not football focused. That is not good for the team.
Aginnebraska
AG
Jarrin' Jay said:

In my opinion.... All highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school. This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.

But do you guys really think all highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school? This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.
Post removed:
by user
SBDavis87
AG
Here i am thinking that equal and opposites are true occurrences and that:
"Some mildly unsuccessful college drop-out middle linebackers haven't hated your de-educational center. That isn't an occurrence without A-blonde. Her water and apathy won't think of not being out of a seriousness, she won't appear a confirmed poor LB for t.u.

which is the opposite of how i was thinking that all highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school. This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.
Jorf
AG
Honestly all of you old ***** need to get your head out of your ass. If you are gonna let this little chicken **** deal ruin college football for you then you never really liked the sport anyways. I am glad yall are drawing the line in the sand over this.Less angry old men to yell at the sky and I will gladly take your seats from you Oh and I have about 100 screenshots of you idiots. So when we are 10-0 going into the last 2 weeks dont be jumping on the train because I will out your sorry asses.
BLM
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Insert "Watch out, we have a badass here" gif
Jorf
AG

This is what the entire thread looks like to anybody under 35
BLM
BJC
AG
khat79 said:

If you cannot support Texas A&M, its students, professors, athletes, and administration as they take down the statue of Sully, the rest of us understand. If you don't feel you want to donate anymore, we understand. If you don't want to show up to the games anymore, we understand. If you are not an Aggie anymore, we completely get it. I would respectfully ask you to stop doing all this and move on with your lives. Please do not show up to our beautiful campus to defend a statue for a school you attended 1-4 decades ago.
I agree khat79,

Ags, A&M existed for a while BEFORE Governor Ross' arrival for his post-gubernatorial position (due to politicians like Senator Matthew Gaines supporting the Morrill Act of 1862) and still exists to this day much longer AFTER his departure from A&M. Whether the statue does comes down or not, (either way I do not care as I am indifferent to the statue), as an African-American Former Student, I will still support Texas A&M University as my collegiate alma mater and its representatives.
BJC
Texas A&M Aggie Class of '96
passerby82
AG
Aggie said:

Will you support A&M football?

No for me

Wow, you sound fun. This is so petty. I support Aggies in the events they compete in. Grow up. Do you realize how many athletes, coaches, singers, Or bands you would have to bail on if found out their politics?
Post removed:
by user
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
edmac64 said:

Any bets as to whether Mond gets the team to say they won't play unless L.S; Ross is removed ?
BigJim49AustinnowDallas
TxAg2009WC
AG
Under 35 and its sad someone openly hating you just for your race is acceptable and you have no problem shelling out more money to them.
Freer Kikker
"This is a preview to dozens of the team kneeling during the National Anthem"

This right here
Its time for the righteous people in this country to make a statement.
And while I think that statement will manifest itself in November, we should start making that statement now with our pocketbooks...
ElephantRider
AG
I'll support the team/program. I've always thought Mond was wildly overrated and wasn't and SEC-caliber starting QB, so I guess I've never really supported him.
ElephantRider
AG
Slocum on a mobile said:

I'm over here thinking, all highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school. This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.

He's never had fire/heart in games.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Gee, I'm not near that old.

I've been a college football fan since the '70s, so what's happening right now in Aggieland is not impacting my love for the game one iota. I've yelled my ass off for the Aggies for all these years. Many of those players were black, obviously. Did not care and still do not care at all what their personal politics are. They are entitled to hold their own views on stuff. But what I cannot accept is a player accusing me of being a racist due to a difference of opinion on a freaking statue.

I'm not going to root for such a person. If he happens to have a bang-up season and brings glory to Aggieland, great. I'm not going to plan my Saturdays this fall around A&M's games, but at the same time, I'm not going to not be aware of what's going on in Aggieland, and people like you do not get to tell me to go away because I cannot support someone who knows nothing of my existence yet believes that I am a racist.
Jorf
AG
difference between supporting your school and donating
BLM
Scorebook
AG
This thread is embarrassing and should be deleted. I don't need to agree on political views to support my fellow Aggie and QB. I have problems with some of the canceling trying to occur, but respect having conversations to improve things for all students.
Windy City Ag
AG
Quote:

All highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school.

Who actually believes stuff like this.
PabloSerna
AG
ElephantRider said:

I'll support the team/program. I've always thought Mond was wildly overrated and wasn't and SEC-caliber starting QB, so I guess I've never really supported him.
Why then his getting NFL Round 1 grades?
Slamn Sharpe
Bunch of 2%ers
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Quote:

conversations to improve things for all students.
If this is truly the goal, then how does calling fellow Aggies racist get us to that goal?
Jsaldivar
Amen to that! We all have choices to make in life. If he despises our great university, the transfer portal is waiting. I wish him all the best in finding a place to play, succeed and where he will be happy.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Yes.

What the hell is wrong with some of you all? Boycotting the team because some of the members have political views you disagree with? Bunch of snowflakes . . . .

You know who else has different views from you? Some of the people that built your house, and your car, and 99% of the consumer goods you own, made your clothes, grew and harvested your food, created your music and movies and tv shows, and provide your internet. Good grief, be consistent.

If you actually cared about remembering history and our leaders then don't pick and choose what we remember. Let's keep the statue of Ross and add another one next to it. I recommend a statue of Ross looking over a field watching his slaves work. If history is important, then remember the good and the bad. He did some great things. He was also a raging racist.
Showstopper
AG
See y'all later. If you guys are really done be done. I think the statue should go, but I love A&M either way. If having a QB that has an opinion contrary to yours on a subject where reasonable minds can differ is a dealbreaker for you, as some of y'all like to post in other threads:

Highway 6 runs both ways.
aggiesrulegigem
This post right here just shows how little you all understand about this fight. You don't think mond seeing people of color oppressed affects him ? Yes he hasn't spoken about it the past years but who cares what he is standing for is true and he shouldn't have to be directly provoked to want to use his voice that others don't have . I will gladly support mond and you should really start thinking about how you would feel.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.