Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

If we do have football... and Mond is the starting QB

19,647 Views | 151 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TyperWoods
TyperWoods
How long do you want to ignore this user?
khat79 said:

If you cannot support Texas A&M, its students, professors, athletes, and administration as they take down the statue of Sully, the rest of us understand. If you don't feel you want to donate anymore, we understand. If you don't want to show up to the games anymore, we understand. If you are not an Aggie anymore, we completely get it. I would respectfully ask you to stop doing all this and move on with your lives. Please do not show up to our beautiful campus to defend a statue for a school you attended 1-4 decades ago.

Who the hell do you think you are to be self-coronated to speak for anyone other than yourself?

Pompous donkey.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
TyperWoods said:

khat79 said:

If you cannot support Texas A&M, its students, professors, athletes, and administration as they take down the statue of Sully, the rest of us understand. If you don't feel you want to donate anymore, we understand. If you don't want to show up to the games anymore, we understand. If you are not an Aggie anymore, we completely get it. I would respectfully ask you to stop doing all this and move on with your lives. Please do not show up to our beautiful campus to defend a statue for a school you attended 1-4 decades ago.

Who the hell do you think you are to be self-coronated to speak for anyone other than yourself?

This is what you're upset about on a board full of thousands of posts of people telling everyone what Mond is about, what "they" are thinking, what "they" want, and letting us know who's a Marxist?
lil_frog8
AG
Heck yes, I will and I will probably increase my donations to the University to counteract all those that will probably pull their donations. If the statue does come down I will be proud to support the University that is willing to change the same way Sul Ross was. Hopefully, Mond plays with a chip on his shoulder if it doesn't either way a net positive for Aggie football. It's great not to have strong feelings one way or another about this.
Fighting Texas Aggie class of '04
90ags
No, but do feel Mond is entitled to his opinion and even protest, but not in the manner that he has as he truly doesn't know all the facts (but emotions run deep).

Like many, I've been done with pro-sports for awhile and my beloved college football is in trouble (even outside of this and many of you have no clue).

If games are played (long shot) or a season happens (most likely a partial, gimmicky season), then nothing will have any meaning of 'championships' as all other schools will asterisk it as the COVID / Racial injustice season. Therefore, just call off the season and let the country 'heal'.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
strbrst777
The Corps will be the Corps at games. Members will NOT boo the Qb or the team. How do know this? Here's how: The Corps has class!
JPK89
AG
The students should sit in protest the entire game.
10PennyNail
AG
Yep, I am not offended by young people standing up against racism. Even when it attacks part of our beloved university.
khat79
AG
TyperWoods said:

khat79 said:

Pompous donkey.

You don't deserve to call yourself an Aggie. I'm ashamed that someone like you pretends to care about our beautiful University.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG
I'm still skeptical about football happening this season.

But I won't be rooting for this team either way. If they do play, I'll just take a break from this board.
Williamhewitt
After analyzing a lot of these post and threads it looks like I might have the opportunity to do a serious upgrade on season tickets for the 2022 season!
sonnysixkiller
AG
Hell no and looking for four wins they want to burn it all down let's start right there.
txaggie2012
AG
Williamhewitt said:

After analyzing a lot of these post and threads it looks like I might have the opportunity to do a serious upgrade on season tickets for the 2022 season!

They are all a bunch of big talkers.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Y'all are emotional babies. Texas A&M is on the verge of getting over the hump, what we've been impatiently awaiting for decades, and because of some personal political views and non-violent actions by a select few players, you're ready to close your wallets and stop supporting the program. Think about the bigger picture. Where will you be six months from now when this has all blown over? Where will the program be? Think about that before you jump off the cliff.

I'm sure the dozens of you on this board who feel so strongly won't feel the same way even a month from now. Don't let yourself get caught up in the moment like everyone else.
74AnimalA
AG
texag101 said:

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. I'm not going to let Mond (and only one or two others) ruin it for me and 99% of the other players. I'll support the team, but not Mond. It can be done.
I have a couple of buddies that use games as family get together's. 1 has his Endowed seats as a gift from his mom. Neither of them are could give 2 cr@ps about Mond. They say he'll be gone and never heard from again. Good Riddance.

My Good Aggie wife, but not a Former Student. She told me that what she expects the Aggie Fans to do as long as he's on the field would ruin that years of Aggie Football experience she has enjoyed.

I traveled to CS today and basically a season ticket holder since 1970, (except for 5 years while traveling) decided to CANCEL my season tickets and requested my 12th Man donation back too!

My reasoning is not just Mond and the kids that are being played by the leftists, but at the lack of response by the Administration, 12th Man, AFS, etc.

I also have 3 other close friends that preceded me in requesting their donation back and cancelled their season tickets. So 2/3 of us have walked away. I wonder what the other's are doing?

1 other Question:
Jimbo sells recruits on what he calls a "40 year decision." That is basically the AggieNetwork. Do you think the AggieNetwork is ready to embrace and welcome this entitled kids?
Law Hall 69-72
AG
rootube said:

Serious question about the folks who are loudly quitting on Aggie football. Does your quitting apply to posting on the football board because we could use a good house cleaning. I can now update the quitter spreadsheet thanks to this thread.
Who's quitting on Aggie football? I just have a strong dislike for some of the current players. Actually, I would be in favor of all college sports eliminating scholarships and having true amateur athletes play instead of the colleges being the minor leagues for pro sports.
CaddoAggie96
AG
If those Covid numbers in Texas don't start going down there won't be any ticket holders this year.
The Supercross teams did a whole season with no asses in the seats.

As for a kid with an opinion of a statue on campus that he probably had to be told about before he even knew it was there I really don't give a damn. I support whatever is best for the team.

A kid with a twit account that can't feel blind side pressure and won't get drafted is not what is best for the team.
TyperWoods
khat79 said:

TyperWoods said:

khat79 said:

Pompous donkey.

You don't deserve to call yourself an Aggie. I'm ashamed that someone like you pretends to care about our beautiful University.

Boo hoo. Now you've gone from assuming to speak for others to declaring who should or shouldn't be an Aggie. Your narcissism knows no bounds.

Tell the truth, someone unplugged your electric car last season, didn't they?

Danger06
AG
Sit his butt down. Going after Sully AND then the Corps of Cadets.

Start the babies!

twogoatsfn
AG
The Chicken Ranch said:

I'd rather go 0-12 and protect our values and history than see Mond play.
DevilD77
AG
khat79 said:

TyperWoods said:

khat79 said:

Pompous donkey.

Khat79, you may have an AgTag but you are certainly no Aggie and neither or Mond and his crew.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
khat79 said:

F*** off
agcraigb
AG
No. I became an Aggie not because of the football team or any of Texas A&M's athletics. The modern day athlete on all levels has turned me off anything sport related as it's not entertainment anymore, but more political vitriol and self righteousness. The athlete today, much like actors and celebrities, are just extreme leftist propaganda spokespersons.I'm tired of turning on sports and having athletes keep telling me how racist I am and how terrible this country is.
TexasAggie81
themanychildrenofDave said:

I recon Mond will be our starting qb and each of you but hurt fruitcakes will be tuning in to watch.

Praying that he will fail ... as usual.
aeon-ag
b0dhi said:

I don't know.

If I thought that the statue truly causes pain to those boys then I would be behind them..
But I don't think it does. I think they just want to join the crowds of others nationwide eager to cancel anything or anyone that ever made a mistake.
It's a strange world right now and A&M football will be no relief.
Grow a pair son and make a damned decision!
aeon-ag
Aginnebraska said:

Aggie said:

Will you support A&M football?

No for me

I guess I don't see a way to divorce a player from his opinions. In Mond's case I think they are legitimately felt and sincere. He feels how he feels. Same with other players. We won't change those. Perhaps wisdom and experience will over time. However, slandering alumni and TAMU for not blindly endorsing and surrendering to BLM is plain dumb. Making people chose sides never produces the desired results. This season is lost due to COVID IMO. But next season TAMU and the team are going to look around and wonder where all the fans and alumni went. They will be gone and never coming back because TAMU and the players succeeded in dividing our once unified fan base.
What the hell is aloomni??!!
samhoustonag
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Y'all are emotional babies. Texas A&M is on the verge of getting over the hump, what we've been impatiently awaiting for decades, and because of some personal political views and non-violent actions by a select few players, you're ready to close your wallets and stop supporting the program. Think about the bigger picture. Where will you be six months from now when this has all blown over? Where will the program be? Think about that before you jump off the cliff.

I'm sure the dozens of you on this board who feel so strongly won't feel the same way even a month from now. Don't let yourself get caught up in the moment like everyone else.
YOU need to think about the bigger picture.

I guess football is the most important thing to you?
aeon-ag
texastexastexas said:

Hahaha yeah, okay. Assuming we do have football I'll see 95% of y'all back on here in a few months.
Don't count on it, sonny! When this old man, Class of '70 has made up his mind he stands by it! I grew a pair a long time ago, I've made my decision and will stand by it!! It's too bad that most of you boys are mostly lip service!

BTW-NO!!!
aeon-ag
Ags2013 said:

Yup cancel culture is for babies
NO, your so called cancel culture is for those that have backbone, who can make a decision and stand by it!
ClearlyJustSomeAg
AG
Pleasantly surprised by some of my fellow Ags. I will be watching every second and supporting the team should we get football this year.

LOL at the people here who are screaming and crying and deciding who's a "true Aggie " with their 'No True Scotsman' fallacies. I and many of my Aggie friends are East Texas born and bred and don't fit the "true Aggie" narrative but yet here we are.
aeon-ag
tmaggies said:

AggieCVQ said:

No. I hardly watch any NFL, because they got annoying. CFB will be tough to quit, but I can always spend more time at the beach.

Or the deer stand.....
Great idea!!!!
aeon-ag
TyperWoods said:

khat79 said:

Pompous donkey.
HOOO WAAAA!!!!
Ag Tag
tmaggies said:

AggieCVQ said:

No. I hardly watch any NFL, because they got annoying. CFB will be tough to quit, but I can always spend more time at the beach.

Or the deer stand.....
Could the two activities be combined by setting up a deer stand on the beach?
aeon-ag
lil_frog8 said:

Heck yes, I will and I will probably increase my donations to the University to counteract all those that will probably pull their donations. If the statue does come down I will be proud to support the University that is willing to change the same way Sul Ross was. Hopefully, Mond plays with a chip on his shoulder if it doesn't either way a net positive for Aggie football. It's great not to have strong feelings one way or another about this.
Decision making is tough and even harder to stand by it! Isn't it?
85AustinAg
AG
Yes, I'll support the team absolutely. This board ought to be shut down until the season starts. More harm than good being typed up currently.
edmac64
AG
All highly successful college quarterbacks have loved their school. This is clearly not the case with Mond. His fire and heart will not be in the game and he will disappear as a potential great QB for TAMU.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.