Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Bucky Richardson

14,765 Views | 95 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Allen76
Thomas Sowell, PhD
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
During his Texas A&M career, Richardson rushed for 2,095 yards, a conference record for QBs. He played in three bowl games with the Aggies and led them to two SWC Championships. He finished his Aggie career 24-6-1 as a starter.

Oh how I wish we had Bucky.
AGHouston11
AG
But how many statues did he destroy ?
Since that is what our QB thinks is important now.
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Bucky was an all time great aggie. Really enjoyed the toughness and competitiveness he displayed. He was a leader.
samhoustonag
A fierce competitor at QB, along with McGee and Manziel.

I think Bucky would have played linebacker if they had let him play both ways.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Greatest player to ever play for the AGS from Louisiana.

Bucky was the first coming of JFF just a lot bigger.
Post removed:
by user
Reno Hightower
Bucky never looked like a 'deer in headlights'.
SA-AG72
AG
You look at our great QBs and can see their desire and motivation in their eyes. You look at current QB1 and there's nothing there.
Stone44
AG
Bucky was more of a leader as a freshman than Mond will be in 10 years. Played with courage and confidence. Always put the team above his own interests. I knew several upperclassmen that played with Bucky that were amazed with his maturity. Poor Mond still looks like a young calf at a new gate in every game. Jimbo is the best quarterback coach in college football and the most expensive. He has given Mond his total attention for three years and he still makes the same friggin mistakes over and over again.
Old Sarge
AG
SA-AG72 said:

You look at our great QBs and can see their desire and motivation in their eyes. You look at current QB1 and there's nothing there.
That is because the vacuum behind them.
TAMU74
AG
PLUM LOCO said:

Let's not forget John David Crow. He was a Louisiana boy that did pretty well too.
But I agree, Bucky is one of the greatest players ever to play at A&M from Louisiana.
TheWoodsAg
AG
I'm having a hard time understanding why our current coaching staff is not recruiting his son. From everything I've see. The kid is a baller and a winner
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Please please please sweet baby Jesus ....

Bucky I'm begging you do not weigh in on this Sully bullshiite..........
PabloSerna
AG
SA-AG72 said:

After 2020 - most the TAMU career records - oops!

I'm personally interested in only one record - MNC baby!
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
It's not fair to compare Bucky to other quarterbacks. He was a freak with a three digit IQ.
Mac94
AG
I remember the crowd collectively holding its breath whenever he dropped back to pass, lol. Dude was tough a nails though and worked on his game and landed an NFL roster spot for a few years. Odds Bucky ends up with a better pro career than Mond, lol?
PLUM LOCO
AG
TAMU74 said:

PLUM LOCO said:

Let's not forget John David Crow. He was a Louisiana boy that did pretty well too.
But I agree, Bucky is one of the greatest players ever to play at A&M from Louisiana.

Naturally I forgot JDC was from Marion, LA.
dcbowers
AG
When Bucky Richardson stepped onto the field, he had everybody's eyes, attention, and respect. His desire to win was somehow able to inspire those around him to believe that they too could win. The only other time that I have witnessed this in the maroon and white was Johnny Football.

I wish the best for his son. I've not seen him play. He is a 6', 180 lb., 3-star receiver. Maybe that is why we are not recruiting him. Still, if he is 1/10 the winner his dad was, then we should be begging him to play for us.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TxAg76
AG
Thomas Sowell, PhD said:

During his Texas A&M career, Richardson rushed for 2,095 yards, a conference record for QBs. He played in three bowl games with the Aggies and led them to two SWC Championships. He finished his Aggie career 24-6-1 as a starter.

Mond may lobby for this thread to be taken down and erased, because it could offend him.
Or at least make him feel bad.
samhoustonag
Mac94 said:

I remember the crowd collectively holding its breath whenever he dropped back to pass, lol. Dude was tough a nails though and worked on his game and landed an NFL roster spot for a few years. Odds Bucky ends up with a better pro career than Mond, lol?
Passing never was Bucky's forte. Although he did have some good passing games along the way.
Showstopper
AG
Reno Hightower said:

You know how you guys all complain about Mond missing his receivers? His worst year (freshman) was better in completion percentage than Bucky's best.

If we are really being honest, Mond is about 10x the QB Bucky was. But he's not white and doesn't say things old whites like to hear so back to the crucifixion.
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
How many of Mond's were long passes? Mond hesitates too long to take off and run. Mond looks terrified often on the field and empty and confused. Mond's leadership ability .... a joke. So there's a lot of factors that make for who you want as your QB. Mond's not 24-6 in games he's started in.

I'd pick Bucky over Mond in a heartbeat in matters related to football.

Several years back at Kyle I was the highest bidder for a framed signed Dat Nguyen jersey. My woman wanted it over Bucky's jersey (which went for like $450 vs $750 for Nguyen) but I got Dat's and I'm happy with it but Bucky seems just a bit forgotten. My main adjective for Bucky was "tough as nails." Not trying to be unfair but with Mond and keeping this strictly about football: dude can't consistently throw long accurately, waits too long to decide to run, can't read and watch the entire field, and mentally is slow. How can these qualities be in a SEC starter? How can this make it into the NFL? How would we ever be good enough with this? The biggest mystery is how can't we get a top notch QB? Mond is seriously average on his best day and when he's off (often) it looks like a QB from Northeastern South Dakota State University.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Thomas Sowell, PhD said:

Bro. Bucky is white. White people are racist. This university can't afford a racist QB right now.
PabloSerna
AG
TxAg76 said:

Thomas Sowell, PhD said:

Mond may lobby for this thread to be taken down and erased.
Reminds me of the Springsteen song, "Glory Days"

In the wink of a young girl's eye...

In the run of a Bucky Richardson...

jeremyd
AG
Thomas Sowell, PhD said:

It's not fair to compare Bucky to other quarterbacks. He was a freak with a three digit IQ.

I think most QBs not named Vince have a three digit IQ. I would hope so anyway.
Jimbo4win
AG
Bucky was great! It would be fun to see if he would have been able to get a win versus Clemson, Auburn, Bama, Georgia or LSU last year.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Bucky was a winner from the moment he arrived in Aggieland.

Go to the 4:28 mark to see a true freshman score the game winner.

I never cared that Bucky wasn't a good passer because Bucky would just run around, by, or over defenders to score TDs. Why do points only seem to count when they come about due to the QB's arms rather than his legs (Johnny being the only exception, clearly)? Kellen Mond is an average QB, I suppose, who has now lost me as a fan due to his beliefs that I am a racist. But pre-racist accusation, no world existed where I ever would have taken Mond over Bucky if I was looking to put a QB under center for a team.
PLUM LOCO
AG
Quote:

If we are really being honest, Mond is about 10x the QB Bucky was.
Bucky was a winner that can't be taught.
ontheway
AG
John David says hi. Bucky one of a kind for sure.
ontheway
90ags
Bucky went to public HS in Baton Rouge, Louisiana (which is typically unheard of as everyone tries to go to private schools), and earned his way up.

Mond went to one of the more affluent public HS in the San Antonio area (Reagan HS) and then transferred to IMG Academy (private school).

The irony is not lost on me regarding privileged.
______________________________________________________ Play for the name on the front of your jersey, not the back...
samhoustonag
Showstopper said:

Reno Hightower said:

You know how you guys all complain about Mond missing his receivers? His worst year (freshman) was better in completion percentage than Bucky's best.

If we are really being honest, Mond is about 10x the QB Bucky was. But he's not white and doesn't say things old whites like to hear so back to the crucifixion.
You never saw Bucky play, apparently.

And Bucky did not win the starting job based on his passing. He was awarded that position because of his leadership and his running ability. And Bucky could read the field and the pressure like a book, something of which Mond is completely incapable.
Reno Hightower
Loved the '87 uniforms.
fightinag
Oh to have a quality quarterback.......
Wait we do, we actually have several, they're just not starting
NEXT YEAR IS HERE.......again
BSCE84ag
AG
I remember the ankle twisted backward on the komakazi drive for a TD. Newspaper photo was sick. But he scored.
aggiedad55
AG
Bucky is my favorite A&M quarterback and always will be.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.