Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

3 OKST players test positive, freshmen told not to report to campus

7,969 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by NowhereMan
OldShadeOfBlue
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/three-oklahoma-state-players-test-positive-for-coronavirus-freshmen-told-not-to-report-to-campus/

Destined to happen at some point I guess
GuatemalanAg
AG
Dang!
Jon Cocktosin
AG

Pretty sure if it were up to this guy...they'd be reporting.
ashley
Maybe some coaches saw the possibility of this happening.
hyt
AG
well there's your answer:
Quote:

"After attending a protest in Tulsa AND being well protective of myself, I have tested positive for COVID-19," Ogbongbemiga said on Twitter.
if you stop doing what doctors and probably the athletic program advise you to do for prevention you're going to put yourself and your team at risk...
W
AG
it's always amazing when assumptions come true.

first thing I thought of when seeing the title of this thread.

did these players pick it up at a protest
DifferenceMaker Ag
Just taking "Hell no we won't go" to a whole new level.
DallasAg 94
Ag4coal
DallasAg 94 said:

Asymptomatic.

It is expected.

They should expose everyone now, so that they won't get it later.

Be done with it.

Strategery
West Point Aggie
AG
What I'm curious to see...as stated by many, is the infection count for a place like Minneapolis say 14 days after looting, general city burning and various non socially distanced "events"...I really hope there's NO noticeable spike.
Let’s Go Brandon!
ironmanag
AG
Tell them to rest take some advil and they will be fine in a few days.
According to the Biden White House, what Joe Biden says does not represent the official position of the Biden administration.
Bluecat_Aggie94
AG
We have all seen stories about asymptomatic people, but those are always in light of how dangerous they are in spreading it. Then we see articles that are case studies of people who have it, and they always include quotes about just how serious this is.

I want to see stories with quotes from people saying "I had it, and it really isn't that bad." Because obviously they exist in large numbers.

That's all the proof you need of the agenda in the entertainment media that they like to call news.
LEJ
OMG, those poor kids. They have an almost 1% chance of dying.

Just kiddin... it's closer to 0%.
Macarthur
LEJ said:

Why do folks say stuff like this...

Those kids have parents and grandparents....
cupcakesprinkles
AG
LEJ said:

Truth
Double Diamond
I've read plenty stores of people who got it and it wasn't bad.
Double Diamond
Yeah not a big deal for the kids. Hope they don't give it to an older person or an older coach.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Macarthur said:

LEJ said:

I know...if only there was some place they could go so that they would not expose their parents and grandparents.

Maybe, training camp at their university?
Slamn Sharpe
Texags told me Corona was fake.
kdm_01
AG
Time for otherwise healthy folks to start attending 'COVID-parties' much like the 'chickenpox-parties' that used to be a thing.
Get exposed, quarantine and then be done with it.
Double Diamond
I come to Texasags for science and public health knowledge.

Yeah it's an issue for older coaches.
Double Diamond
Except you can get it again and still spread it.
Punked Shank
AG
Fits the narrative of the B12 not wanting to play football this fall. They can claim they would've won the natty this year but you know, the rona.

merch
Given that 99.9 percent of us have not been tested, if you grab 100 people and test them it has to be fairly likely 3 of them will test positive.
Class of 65
AG
I have been tested but that only means I was free at the time of the test. I had fever cough chest pains etc. It was the flu and I had the flu shot . It would have been a lot worse if I did not have the flu shot.
Ag4coal
Double Diamond said:

I come to Texasags for science and public health knowledge.

Yeah it's an issue for older coaches.
I think coaches know what the risks are. If they are worried about illness, i'm sure the university and staff would be happy to work with them. But there is no reason that these kids should be losing valuable time to showcase their skills and attempt to realize their childhood dream (and potentially make generational wealth). I'm not trying to appeal to a "think of the kids" argument. It's a legitimate issue that many NCAA baseball players will face in this year's draft. Every year there is a surprise superstar that rockets up the drat board. With no football this year, hopes/dreams/futures are potentially being crushed
94chem
kdm_01 said:

Time for otherwise healthy folks to start attending 'COVID-parties' much like the 'chickenpox-parties' that used to be a thing.
Get exposed, quarantine and then be done with it.

You first.
LEJ
Been doing it for 2 weeks bro.
W
AG
yes, and a good recent example is Erik McCoy.

he was not real good as a freshman in 2016. Better in 2017. But he made his money in 2018 when he played at a very high level.

if the 2018 season had been cancelled...he's probably UDFA instead of a 2nd round pick
94chem
LEJ said:

Good for you. Hope you are successful. I'm training for a marathon, holding down a job, and raising a family. Don't need to seek out illness.
VatoLocoAggie
It's never going away. We will be in the new flu season shortly. It will never be eradicated. So what is the end state? As long as one person has it which will always be the case, it will be a pandemic.

We can't live like this. A nation is only as strong as its economy. We can't live like this. We have to just move on and treat it like the more lethal seasonal flu.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
TXAG 05
AG
Bluecat_Aggie94 said:

We have all seen stories about asymptomatic people, but those are always in light of how dangerous they are in spreading it. Then we see articles that are case studies of people who have it, and they always include quotes about just how serious this is.

I want to see stories with quotes from people saying "I had it, and it really isn't that bad." Because obviously they exist in large numbers.

That's all the proof you need of the agenda in the entertainment media that they like to call news.

I only know one person who has tested positive. Said he never even felt that bad.
Punked Shank
AG
94chem said:

LEJ said:

Good for you. Hope you are successful. I'm training for a marathon, holding down a job, and raising a family. Don't need to seek out illness.

I've been holding down a job, traveling, don't have a kid, but have a SO and raising a dog.

I've been living life, traveling, and enjoying friends at each others backyard bbqs. All while going into work everyday.

I can make senseless points too, but the real
Point is this thing isn't as real as of a threat you've been led to believe.

I encourage you and others that are still scared to get out and live life. Give your family a hug Geezus
Macarthur
GiveEmHellBill said:

Macarthur said:

LEJ said:

I know...if only there was some place they could go so that they would not expose their parents and grandparents.

Maybe, training camp at their university?

But I think there is too much stock being put into the 'young people don't get sick with this' angle.

I think I read that 60% of the new cases in Dallas, I think it was, last week were people below the age of 65. And while most of those folks will survive, you are also not taking into consideration that there are many people with life long effects once they recover. And coupled with the fact that people of color are disproportionally affected, this is much larger than just 'they're kids, they will be fine'.

Geriatric Punk
AG
DallasAg 94 said:

Asymptomatic.

It is expected.

They should expose everyone now, so that they won't get it later.

Be done with it.

Do you mean "everyone" or the kids reporting for football camp?
Life's an endless party, not a pushcart.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.