Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Most hated opposing QBs

10,394 Views | 73 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sparkie
HarveyBirdman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
2 categories, conference opponent and non-conference opponent (at the time we played them

Conf: Graham Harrell (tech)

Non Conf: Josh Rosen (ucla)
Aggie
AG
Prettt much all the Tech QB's in Spike Dykes last couple years and the Mike Leach era

Zebbie lethridge
Graham Harrell
Sonny Cumbie
Kliff Kingsbury
BJ Simmons

Stone44
AG
Colt McCoy's brother. I can't remember his name but he looks like the banjo player in Deliverance.

Snake
AG
Colt McCoy
Alex Smith

Honorable Mention...Jason White for 77-0
Potcake
AG
BJ Symons >>>>>>>Harrell in the Dbag category

Stone44
AG
Forgot about Marty Akins, the annoying ***** who bragged that they were gonna beat the Ags and that he would be the governor of Texas someday. Pat Thomas put him in the hospital that day and he did run for something but proved to be just another sip loser.
Ag4coal
Josh Rosen. Super ******
admiraltarkin
AG
Nick Fitzgerald
W
AG
you know back in the old days...there were very few QB's that beat the Ags 3 times. But it's happened quite a bit in recent decades.

VY, Harrell, Fitzgerald...those are the top 3 for the 21st century.

I think Chris Sims may have beaten A&M 3 times too
W
AG
ouch, I believe SMU's Lance McIlhenny went 4-0 vs. A&M.

he might be the only one
TwelveA
sip qb Marty Akins (our 1975 defense took care of him)

I despise the sips' current punk qb, Ehlinger, but we play big boy football in the SEC now which is far better than being stuck in the little12, even though it costs us the yearly opportunity to smash scumwad sip qb's into the dirt.
oklacityag75
AG
James Street
Jason White
Sam Bradford
Bert Jones
Aggie1944s Kid
AG
Ty Detmer. How's the shoulder(s)?
Get ready bal. You're gonna in for a problem.
VatoLocoAggie
Graham Harrel is the worst. He intentionally would hit CTs and BQs in the face and head during pregame warmups and laugh about it.

He's an a ho.

Conference would be Burreax. He's a jerk.
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
StrykerAg
AG
Tie: Graham Harrell and Case McCoy

Ryan Mallett when we were still Big 12
monarch
S
Cody Carlson
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Some good choices. Let me add the various back-up QBs at Colorado who we made to look like Heisman winners.
Post removed:
by user
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Aggie1944s Kid said:

Ty Detmer. How's the shoulder(s)?

I Can only speak for My right shoulder but I am doing okay now.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

Graham Harrel is the worst. He intentionally would hit CTs and BQs in the face and head during pregame warmups and laugh about it.

He's an a ho.

Conference would be Burreax. He's a jerk.

Got no problem with that. If you are on or near the field always keep your head on a swivel.
HarveyBirdman
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Some good choices. Let me add the various back-up QBs at Colorado who we made to look like Heisman winners.

Koy Detmer and Craig Ochs were in my also receiving votes I'll throw Chase Daniel in there as well
Seersucker Ag 2011
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

What you saw was probably a CT trying to catch a football.
evestor1
Todd Blythe probably played qb at some point ... so Todd Blythe!
Aggie
AG
HarveyBirdman said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Koy Detmer and Craig Ochs were in my also receiving votes I'll throw Chase Daniel in there as well

1995 was John Hessler, Detmer was injured in the 1st quarter and backup QB ,Who had only taken 3 snaps in his collegiate career John Hessler came off the bench and scored 3 TD's leading Colorado to a 29-21 win over 3rd ranked Ags
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Aggie said:

HarveyBirdman said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

1995 was John Hessler, Detmer was injured in the 1st quarter and backup QB ,Who had only taken 3 snaps in his collegiate career John Hessler came off the bench and scored 3 TD's leading Colorado to a 29-21 win over 3rd ranked Ags
Hessler is the one I was primarily thinking of. Damn that game. Was also pretty sure we essentially repeated that performance in a later game against the Buffs, perhaps that God-awful effort in the 2004 game.
jr15aggie
AG
Who was that tech QB clown that kept throwing "The Shocker" hand sign at the camera as they steam rolled one of our Fran teams? That would be my pick.

Man I hated Fran and Torbush!
HarveyBirdman
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Aggie said:

HarveyBirdman said:

Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Hessler is the one I was primarily thinking of. Damn that game. Was also pretty sure we essentially repeated that performance in a later game against the Buffs, perhaps that God-awful effort in the 2004 game.

Koy Detmer beat the Ags at Kyle Field in '96 in the first Big XII game for the Ags. I was 12 and wanted revenge for the '95 game....I got in trouble for throwing my hat at the tv during that game. I remember seeing them roll into Kyle Field in person that next year and all the rage came flooding back. I internally channeled all of that rage toward Koy Detmer and his stupid face and his stupid neck beard.

I walked out of Kyle that day deflated by the Buffs yet again
tk for tu juan
Joe Germaine
Slamn Sharpe
Vince Young. If you're going to be arrogant at least be good at something outside of football. Dude sounded like an idiot

I never hated a QB outside the conference A&M played in
Detmersdislocatedshoulder
Kliff Kingsbury. Has to be. He started the run of tech dominance that lasted almost a decade. We had lost to tech before but he started a run of dominance. He did it while being cocky as sht. That said loved him as an offensive coordinator but hated him as a player.
monarch
S
Maybe Billy Joe Tolliver...
TheWoodsAg
AG
Nick Fitzgerald is the answer for the last decade....he was 3-0 against us in games we were expected to win.
Nino Brown
I hated Peter Gardere. Not because he was successful or anything I just hated him. Just because he played for like 7 years it seemed like.

Also, Brett Stafford, mainly because he was the vagina that should of been hit much harder in 85 for sitting there complaining about fan noise.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
The guy that threw into triple coverage to Larry Fitzgerald, dumbass. somebody else had NO ONE on them.
Cecil
AG
Marty Akins!

I met him at a party at a common friend's house about 20 years ago. I hadn't liked him when he played for UT - he was VERY cocky and my Dad was Aggie Class of '56. But I was a kid when he played and 25 years had passed, so we chatted amicably for a bit. I mentioned that I was an Aggie but that I'd seen quite him and Earl play quite a bit as a kid growing up in Austin (a good friend of mine's family had season tickets).

He made a couple semi-obnoxious Aggie comments - par for the course for Horns from his era - then, to my astonishment, he proudly stated "We never lost to the Aggies when I was there."

I almost did a spit-take, since our 20-10 win over them in 1975 (when Pat Thomas knocked Akins out of the game as others mentioned above) is one of the most memorable Aggie games in my lifetime.

A dozen possible responses ran through my mind but I decided to just ignore his delusional whopper and wrap up the conversation instead. I doubt he would have admitted the truth, and this was before smartphones so I wasn't carrying "proof" in my pocket.

I'm still amazed at his delusional chutzpah. I imagine that's something he tells fellow Horns all the time and they just gleefully agree with him.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.