Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

2020 Football Season Predictions

4,308 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AggBock
cmsaggie12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not score predictions but what do y'all think will happen to the 2020 schedule? Which scenario is most likely.

A. Played out 100% the way it is currently scheduled
B. Certain games cancelled with California schools or PAC-12 schools. Play a shortened season.
C. All out of conference games cancelled. Play only SEC schools.
D. Full season is cancelled.
E. Other
pv
E
cmsaggie12
AG
pv said:

E

Care to share? Lol
Alpha Texan
AG
My very hopeful prediction is that we will play a 12 game schedule which will include Idaho and Notre Dame.

My prediction: We're gonna play, a full schedule. Colorado and Fresno State are out, so we need to replace a decent program and a weak program on the schedule in those weeks. Well, the only P5 option that has been freed up in the CU week is Texas Tech, which we aren't going to do, but we could pick up a weaker team like Utah State, Idaho or Portland state that week and find the decent team the week we were gonna play Fresno. Here's where it gets good. The week that we play Fresno State, the only decent program who has been freed up by the pac 12 and california exit is Notre Dame being dropped by Stanford. Clearly, our program is interested in ND since we scheduled them in a couple years. Notre Dame needs to replace a good program like Stanford, which we can do.

idk where the ND game will be, but it's gonna be lit.
VatoLocoAggie
E
Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
tjack16
AG
E

I think It'll be close to A/B, but neutral sites will be adjusted which means teams may change opponents for a few games.
Ag Tag
cmsaggie12 said:

pv said:

E

Care to share? Lol
Every team plays only home games.
NoahAg
D
greg.w.h
AG
F.......

I would like a conference-only schedule. We each play 13 other teams. Don't tell me it can't be done. It can.
LaTex
E...

9 game conference schedule and 2 games with in state schools.
Leander - Ag
AG
E
W
AG
here we go:

E. Other (with influence from C)

A&M will open the season on October 3rd in Starkville. The Arkansas game will be moved to December at Kyle Field.

CU & Fresno games will be cancelled.

if ACU and North Texas are willing...A&M will try to reschedule one or the other for October 10th or also in December.

Rice and SMU will be strong replacement candidates for a game at Kyle...either on October 10th or in December
CaptnCarl
AG
Maybe somebody can catch me up to speed, but are teams even holding any kind of workouts?
I feel like this season is already ruined with athletes not being able to stay in physical condition.

Will spring ball get pushed to later in the summer? Could that push the season back to later in the fall/winter?

Mods seem to delete everything related to this subject.
W
AG
the general consensus seems to be that players need to be back on campus by July 1st...to be ready for football the first weekend of September.

of course some states have already extended lockdowns and so forth beyond 7/1. So the dominos (schedule changes) may start falling soon
Jbob04
AG
My guess is games won't start until October and fan attendance will be extremely limited. This is so stupid by the way.
Space-Tech
D.

Universities can't force players to play a contact sport while encouraging social distancing everywhere else.
Reno Hightower
D
D
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
Drake aTm
AG
There won't be football this year.

Shame because this was easily a 10 win season.

SAD!
Mac94
AG
We go undefeated and claim a spot in the SEC Title game just in time for the 2nd wave of the virus to shut everything down again .... our best team in years with a chance to win our first conference title since 98 and our first shot at the playoffs gone and we're all left to wonder "what if" forever and ever.

It's the ultimate BAS senario!!!
Iowaggie
AG
D.

I'm sticking with my March prediction.

However, we need to see the NBA and MLB get going sooner rather than later. If those aren't going in any capacity by July 15 or earlier, there will be no NCAA FB season. The earlier those get going, the more we will have crowds, the more key decision makers will open things up. College presidents and governors need to see games being played and COVID-19 cases not spiking.

Here are the biggest obstacles:
1 - If campuses aren't open for regular students, people will justify that student-athletes shouldn't be required to be on campus either. There will be lots of complaining that football players are now not only getting CTE, but also COVID-19.

2 - Even if A&M opens, and players are on campus, what happens when a Guard is diagnosed with COVID? In the days of flu, they would stay home sick. Nowadays, I feel like the whole team will be required to be quarantined because that is the environment we are in now. There will need to be a plan in place in case someone is diagnosed with COVID. Again, this is where seeing what happens in NBA/MLB would be beneficial.

3 - Even if A&M opens, you need enough campuses to open. Be thankful to be in the SEC, as if you need another reason, because I think most PAC/BIG campuses will be closed in fall. This will be another great year for the PAC TV Network with no live sports.

4 - I feel like college presidents and faculty senates will error on the side of what twitter "experts" think others should be living their life. That will be isolation.

rojo_ag
AG
D
W
AG
Drake aTm said:

There won't be football this year.

Shame because this was easily a 10 win season.

SAD!
if the SEC keeps the same conference schedule/rotation for 2021 (in the event that 2020) is cancelled...

then 2021 could/should be a 10-win season...and 2022 as well.

in a strange sense that could benefit A&M because the Ags' 2017 & 2018 recruiting class were way behind Bama's and LSU's. The talent gap should be narrowed by 2021
NYCAg
I have to wonder if players are thinking about what happens if only some of the conferences are playing football and others are not when the NFL draft comes along. Many of the players sitting out will have to wait until next year or watch their draft status in the current year decline. It will be a smaller pool. Could have serious implications for the transfer portal once a firm decision is made about whether to play or not.
Aggie
AG
All of you saying D ... nope

There will be football and there will be fans inside Kyle Field this fall
Iraq2xVeteran
AG
For now, I would say E, but I was reading the Wall Street Journal article called, "College Football Prepares for a Tough Matchup: Tradition vs. Coronavirus". In that article, Ross Bjork explained how the pandemic will potentially change fan traditions at Kyle field during football games. "We're going to present all kinds of different options, whether that is a partial refund if it is a shortened season, whether it is a full refund, whether people want to take that money and apply it to the 2021 season, whether people just want to donate that money," said Bjork. "Physically, all 85,000 people would not fit if we have to socially distance." Texas A&M officials have informally listened to guidance from an architectural firm to map out a "socially distanced seating chart" for our venue. Bjork said that entering a football game this fall may mean standing in a spaced out line and going through a sanitation screening after scanning your ticket.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/college-football-prepares-for-a-tough-matchup-tradition-vs-coronavirus-11589716801
Space-Tech
Aggie said:

Did you negotiate with the Coronavirus to stop infecting people by September?
Bifferton Bobber Squat
AG
This is legitimately our best team to hit the field since 2012, so naturally the season will be all messed up.
Post removed:
by user
rojo_ag
AG
Aggie said:

Oh how I wish I shared your optimism.
Are we this starved for entertainment?
"So long as an opinion is strongly rooted in the feelings, it gains rather than loses in stability by having a preponderating weight of argument against it."

- John Stuart Mill, 1869
dallasiteinsa02
Mac94 said:

We go undefeated and claim a spot in the SEC Title game just in time for the 2nd wave of the virus to shut everything down again .... our best team in years with a chance to win our first conference title since 98 and our first shot at the playoffs gone and we're all left to wonder "what if" forever and ever.

It's the ultimate BAS senario!!!
They still put out the AP Poll and we are number 2 behind a team with one loss.
W
AG
you know another interesting aspect to this...what do teams do with their future P5 home&home series. Figure not all programs will handle things the same way.

for example...if the 2020 season is cancelled or is conference games only...

does A&M play at CU in 2021? Does Colorado offer to push the series forward to 2021 & 2022?

if so, then what does A&M do with the scheduled Miami series in 2022 & 2023?
Iowaggie
AG
I'll add another level to the concerning/upcoming decisions that need to be made.

What happens if the season starts in August, and campuses are shut down in late October/early November?. Basically going through the same ordeal as what this year's spring sport teams went through? (Season start, maybe a few conference games, but no conclusion)

Many are expecting another spike in October to November, enough so that some campuses are discussing having a semester end at Thanksgiving so that students will not need to return to campus.

I really am glad my kid isn't playing hs football this year, because I'm concerned those kids aren't going to get a great HS football experience.
AggBock
AG
E. Football cancelled but a game is scheduled with t.u. At Kyle field In November once COVID is eradicated. This is an exhibition the likes of which we have never seen. Aggies go on to win a close one and claim a national title because it was the only game played in 2020
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.