Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Lincoln Riley opens his mouth about players returning.

22,656 Views | 146 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Sparkie
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/college-football/coronavirus-covid-19-oklahoma-sooners-lincoln-riley-return-june-1-players-campus-2020/

Punked Shank
AG
Love when people oust themselves as being weak minded beings. Riley will never win a national championship.

This type of thinking confirms he doesn't have the backbone to ever win.
zoneag
There are 274 deaths in Oklahoma and half of those were in nursing homes. Another 217 are currently hospitalized in the entire state. The vast majority of deaths and hospitalizations have been 65+ age group. Riley is a dumbass.
West Point Aggie
AG
Hey he got a chance to do a little virtue signaling. Doesn't cost him anything...Karen's and other covidiots smile and he can use it to say "see I care more!"

Expect Hermensa to make some similar statement...
Let’s Go Brandon!
Slamn Sharpe
coastsrs said:

Love when people oust themselves as being weak minded beings. Riley will never win a national championship.

Talk about an overreaction. Come back in a few hours once you've calmed down
StrykerAg
AG
Before reading the article I already knew there had to be some jimmies rustled in "conferences" like the bdf and Yak12 about the SEC potentially letting players return to athletic facilities next month. I guarantee that if the SEC votes to let players return, they will lament to the NCAA that it is not fair and puts them at a disadvantage for caring more about safety. They will beg the NCAA to enforce some uniform date. Hopefully the NCAA minds their business like they do with all the obvious cheating and the SEC forces the other conferences to put up or shut up.
Punked Shank
AG
McDadeTXAggie said:

coastsrs said:

Talk about an overreaction. Come back in a few hours once you've calmed down

Lol you're reaction was the over reaction! I'm calmer than you are dude!

Statement stands, he'll never win a natty...especially if they don't ever practice
TexAggie1999
coastsrs said:

OMG. He puts safety above football. That is unthinkable!

I think the country has over reacted to the virus, but Riley's statement isn't rediculous. Are students on campus for academics on June 1? If they aren't there for academics, why should they be there for football? I think you put a little too much importance on college football.
Punked Shank
AG
What if the student athletes want to be on campus? No one has asked them. I don't care what people making millions of dollars to do nothing during this think about it. I'd rather hear from the people impacted.

Safety before football is a hilarious take considering how dangerous football is. Get that out of here, the kids are much more likely to suffer from concussions but no one cares
runontexas
AG
TexAggie1999 said:

coastsrs said:

I think the country has over reacted to the virus, but Riley's statement isn't rediculous. Are students on campus for academics on June 1? If they aren't there for academics, why should they be there for football? I think you put a little too much importance on college football.
EKUAg
AG
Maroon and White always! EKU/TAMU
Ag4coal
TexAggie1999 said:

coastsrs said:

Safety of who? Certainly not the kids since they have a 0.000000001% of getting seriously ill from this, much less dying
TXAggie2011
AG
double post
TXAggie2011
AG
coastsrs said:

Safety before football is a hilarious take considering how dangerous football is. Get that out of here, the kids are much more likely to suffer from concussions but no one cares
Bull*****

Whenever football starts, we'll be right back to the daily arguments about targeting and all the other things being done to address concussions.
Agsuffering@bulaw
Its politics. And yes, he is poonish for going there. I appreciated that stoops did his politicking privately.
Punked Shank
AG
TXAggie2011 said:

coastsrs said:

Bull*****

Whenever football starts, we'll be right back to the daily arguments about targeting and all the other things being done to address concussions.

Point taken, but to say he's putting safety over his players is absolutely a joke.

Unless the kids on scholarship are over 70 years old, you're not being any safer. He's being a poon and appealing to losers and doing it from the comfort of his couch while still making full salary.

The kids are suffering and will not die.
ashley
We will see how his statement holds up.
Jugstore Cowboy
AG

Quote:

Read through the whole article. He's 100% responding to SEC news.
Slamn Sharpe
I'm not sure if its comical or disturbing on how people get so pissed off over the idea of safety during covid-19
sincereag
So he's still waiting for more data before he thinks it's safe to open up. That should tell you everything you need to know about his capacity to lead a major program like OU.
rojo_ag
AG
I know this earth-shattering for some, but Riley is right. Bookmark if you want, but June 1st is not going to happen. Prepare yourselves, but there is absolutely no way we see a packed Kyle this season either.Have you seen the University of Arizona's plan for mitigation in the fall? And they are in a red state.

I don't understand why many of you feel we are going to go full "Sweden,' open up, and let the virus run its course. Wishful thinking?

Oh, and the Ol' Ball Coach says, "Hi."
sincereag
Can anyone please explain the benefits of waiting past June 1 to open up. Is the virus going to dissapear the longer we wait?
rojo_ag
AG
sincereag said:

Can anyone please explain the benefits of waiting past June 1 to open up. Is the virus going to dissapear the longer we wait?
Not sure if you sincerely want to know. I'll try:

Second wave yada, yada, yada, Meema, yada, yada Coronabros yada, yada Fauci./TexAgs

If I sincerely tried to explain it, would you give an F anyway?

Potcake
AG
F 16 flowers are being affronted from all angles.
rojo_ag
AG
coastsrs said:

What if the student athletes want to be on campus? No one has asked them. I don't care what people making millions of dollars to do nothing during this think about it. I'd rather hear from the people impacted.

I know you know this is unrealistic. I'm sure they want to be Warrior Patriots like you want to be, but universities will not let the opinions of young adults drive policy. Of course, most of them would suit up immediately to play a sport they love. Unless the US does a complete 180 on its response to the virus, we may be very disappointed about football this fall.
sincereag
Your reply doesn't make any sense to me. I think we have enough data to use after three months of this virus so is waiting longer really going to tell us more on what we need to be doing?
misterguinness
AG
He wants to delay until he can get another transfer starting quarterback that makes him look like a genius.
2+2=5
halfastros81
AG
A smart move on his part ... wouldn't you say?

Odds are he's not going to be successful this time tho.
Ag4coal
rojo_ag said:

I know this earth-shattering for some, but Riley is right. Bookmark if you want, but June 1st is not going to happen. Prepare yourselves, but there is absolutely no way we see a packed Kyle this season either.Have you seen the University of Arizona's plan for mitigation in the fall? And they are in a red state.

I don't understand why many of you feel we are going to go full "Sweden,' open up, and let the virus run its course. Wishful thinking?

Oh, and the Ol' Ball Coach says, "Hi."

1. Arizona is purple. They may end up red at election time, but it's far from truly conservative. And UA is about as conservative as Austin

2. You're probably right about the 6/1 start and packed stadiums, unfortunately.

3. While this is the football forum and not the infectious disease forum, please give us your thoughts on what should happen. You seem to think this shutdown is the right move (despite the data on who is actually at risk) but choose to hide behind "what leaders are actually going to do" instead of just saying you think football/crowds/relaxing social distancing is irresponsible. Maybe you want it to happen. Maybe you don't. Just spare us the fortune teller routine and just say you think we should all hide at home.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
zoneag said:

There are 274 deaths in Oklahoma and half of those were in nursing homes. Another 217 are currently hospitalized in the entire state. The vast majority of deaths and hospitalizations have been 65+ age group. Riley is a dumbass.
You mean all the people who are unable to social distance themselves, have weaker immune systems, and don't give a f about catching it in the first place are more likely to get it? What a concept!
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
coastsrs said:

TXAggie2011 said:

coastsrs said:

Bull*****

Point taken, but to say he's putting safety over his players is absolutely a joke.

Unless the kids on scholarship are over 70 years old, you're not being any safer. He's being a poon and appealing to losers and doing it from the comfort of his couch while still making full salary.

If it's not for the safety of his players, please tell us what his motive is here. You're talking out of your ass on this one. Some of us are actually taking this **** seriously.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
sincereag said:

Have you been living under a rock? We're three months into a worldwide shutdown and you still don't know why all this is happening? Am I taking crazy pills??? Wtf lol
Flexbone
OldShadeOfBlue said:

coastsrs said:

TXAggie2011 said:

coastsrs said:

Bull*****

If it's not for the safety of his players, please tell us what his motive is here. You're talking out of your ass on this one. Some of us are actually taking this **** seriously.

The entire thread tells you what another motive might be, genius.
Flexbone
OldShadeOfBlue said:

sincereag said:

Have you been living under a rock? We're three months into a worldwide shutdown and you still don't know why all this is happening? Am I taking crazy pills??? Wtf lol

Which is clearly a massive overreaction.
Post removed:
by user

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.