Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vols cheating ?

15,278 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheWoodsAg
Agsuffering@bulaw
How long do you want to ignore this user?
There is NO need to rock the boat.

Paying athletes is about to become permissable in the next 18 months. All Jimbo need tell recruits is that our alums have never failed to look out for players and will certainly step it up in Jan 21 or whenever it happens.

UT is being short-sighted. If they were smarter, they would focus on a few key players at positions of need.
ntxVol
Y'all been sleeping on CJP.

He is very good at evaluating talent and gets in early on a lot of recruits. Pruitt has been building this team from the inside out and hasn't been star gazing either. Many players who stayed after the last coach left have shown marked improvement. Those guys have also become some of Pruitt's biggest supporters which helps the program sell itself when prospects come to visit.

We'll see where this class winds up. Hard to say if CJP can hold on to all these players if their rankings start to improve.
Oknows
AG
Their facilities and planned upgrades are impressive from what I've seen. Not hard to sell kids on that stuff.
tk for tu juan
Josepi said:

tk for tu juan said:

Tennessee is 11th in all-time win percentage (10th if you ignore Boise St), and historically are a Top 10 program. Why is it shocking that they are having recruiting success?

Because none of these recruits were alive the last time they won a conference championship

bangbang
AG
Every mention of the NCAA in this thread needs a line drawn through it. Fact is the NCAA is about to become extinct. They're the sheriff in Who Shot Liberty Valance and the town is is preparing to get rid of him.
----------------------------------------------------------------
Smoke em if you got em.
LEJ
ntxVOL said:

Y'all been sleeping on CJP.

He is very good at evaluating talent and gets in early on a lot of recruits. Pruitt has been building this team from the inside out and hasn't been star gazing either. Many players who stayed after the last coach left have shown marked improvement. Those guys have also become some of Pruitt's biggest supporters which helps the program sell itself when prospects come to visit.

We'll see where this class winds up. Hard to say if CJP can hold on to all these players if their rankings start to improve.

So you admit they're cheating?

Gentlemen, I rest my case.
ntxVol
??
psybj
If your team competes somebody is cheating for you.

HC don't know what, who or how. HC tells booster that he wants a kid and walks away.

Saw it with my own eyes in the 50s, know it happened later.

Know of big amts of cash upon signing, rent of a house for family for $1/mo, huge amts paid to players for their tickets, deposits made on debit cards for players, money being put into players' cars thru barely open windows during games, beauty shop given to sister of a player, cars, jobs, jobs for parents, etc etc etc.

LSU Tigers and Ags have done it, I KNOW, and they will continue to do it.

It is what it is and it ain't gonna change.
psybj
TXAGBQ76
AG
Some of you on this thread were not alive the last time we won a conference championship; just sayin'...
West Point Aggie
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Some of you on this thread were not alive the last time we won a conference championship; just sayin'...

So youre saying we don't cheat as well as others have?!
Let’s Go Brandon!
TexAggie1999
Josepi said:

tk for tu juan said:

Tennessee is 11th in all-time win percentage (10th if you ignore Boise St), and historically are a Top 10 program. Why is it shocking that they are having recruiting success?

Because none of these recruits were alive the last time they won a conference championship

Most of these recruits GRANDPARENTS were not alive the last time we won a National Championship. We recruit fine.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Not all, I am sure we do and have forever. Now if you are asking about the ROI on said cheating dollars, that is a different and interesting discussion.
West Point Aggie
AG
TXAGBQ76 said:

Not all, I am sure we do and have forever. Now if you are asking about the ROI on said cheating dollars, that is a different and interesting discussion.

Copy that!
Let’s Go Brandon!
ham98
We need better bagmen
Slamn Sharpe
PneumAg said:

RealTalk said:

Another school get some nice recruits: they must be cheating.

A&M get some nice recruits: Jimbo and A&M are awesome and we play by the rules.

Our recruiting is ass lately so we probably are playing by the rules.
hunter2012
AG
PneumAg said:

RealTalk said:

Another school get some nice recruits: they must be cheating.

A&M get some nice recruits: Jimbo and A&M are awesome and we play by the rules.

Our recruiting is ass lately so we probably are playing by the rules.
More likely it's because our BMAs are panhandling outside of Odessa.
Tamu_mgm
AG
It really never ceases to amaze me how little patience people have, when all Jimbo has shown for 2 straight (3rd on its way) years is how well he will close in recruiting. Jimbo will continue to bring championship level talent to College Station, just like he has.
2thFixinAg
Josepi said:

tk for tu juan said:

I can't believe 13 people blue starred this last statement... need a #facepalm emoji here.
Stone44
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Josepi said:

tk for tu juan said:

Ing
They only got the opportunity to play for a natty because we beat Kansas State in the Big 12 championship game. Arky had them beat but the QB tripped and fumbled givIng them a chance to eke out a win. They had their best years before face mask existed.
S.A. Aggie
AG
All programs bend the rules. All of them.
Meximan
VatoLocoAggie said:

But we should be asking why not.

'Cause Jimbo doesn't have to.
Sparkie
AG
ham98 said:

We need better bagmen

NavyAg22
greg.w.h said:

VatoLocoAggie said:

I understand we don't cheat. Jimbo isn't that type of coach. Cheating is a violation of the Aggie Honor Code. It's not us. We are better than that.

But we should be asking why not. All other schools are doing it and the competitive blue bloods do it more than anyone else and stay on top.

If history has proven anything it's proven that ncaa won't kill you for cheating and if you're a big money maker program like Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, A&M ... it won't slaughter the cash milk cow or cook the goose that lays the golden egg.

The ncaa is driven by $$$.
All the cheating schools including Gaylor and Penn State have gotten no harsh penalties and have become stronger after violations.

Is it really cheating if the ncaa confines it on the downlow?

We are competitive now with a whistle clean program. Can you imagine how great we'd be if we did what Bama and other schools do?

The goal is to accomplish the same result while complying with NCAA legislation. We felt we had to cheat in the 80s because everyone else was doing it, but we underinvested frankly because we have always been cheap *******s. That's fixed now. We have reason to be proud of doing it right. And seeing athletes like Ricky Seals-Jones come back to graduate. It's almost as if athletics serves the mission of the University or something...

Straight delusion
ntxVol
Stone44 said:

They only got the opportunity to play for a natty because we beat Kansas State in the Big 12 championship game.
Fake news.
psybj
TXAGBQ76 said:

I am guessing this was said tongue in cheek. If you think we are the only school not cheating in some way, I have some beach front property right here in College Station I can sell you.

As a reminder, A&M has been on probation more times than anyone else (8) than any other school (maybe Wichita State is tied with us). Now I know we all would agree other are not held to the same standard, but it follish to believe we no longer do it.
This LSU fan KNOWS of Ags cheating and LSU cheating. Is very unfortunate but it is what it is.

And it ain't gonna change any time soon.
psybj
TheWoodsAg
AG
It's just LSU gets caught laundering money from a local hospital to recruits by the FBI and nothing happened to them or their coach......

Strong ass offers......
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.