Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vols cheating ?

15,281 Views | 59 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TheWoodsAg
Coryhub
How long do you want to ignore this user?
They got their 9th four star recruit in 15 days..??!!! What the hell..
Coryhub
And 2 5 stars and top Juco RB
West Point Aggie
AG
Cash money...honey!
West Point Aggie
AG
Utenn beating the gumps once in a while would be good for us
Slamn Sharpe
Everyone does it, some are better at doing it than the others. Right now UT is doing it well
maver1ck
AG
They will have a record number of decommitments. Several of their guys didn't even have commitable offers from other major programs.

Their class will end up outside the top 10.
Unemployed
AG
Another school get some nice recruits: they must be cheating.

A&M get some nice recruits: Jimbo and A&M are awesome and we play by the rules.
West Point Aggie
AG
Similar "sudden"'spike like ole M and MSU some seasons ago...
misterguinness
AG
Tee Martin is one of the best at recruiting. It does appear, though, that the boosters may be tired of mediocrity.
2+2=5
PneumAg
RealTalk said:

Our recruiting is ass lately so we probably are playing by the rules.
tamudadx2
AG
Meh
Wicked Good Ag
PneumAg said:

RealTalk said:

Our recruiting is ass lately so we probably are playing by the rules.

This is an amazing take
tk for tu juan
Tennessee is 11th in all-time win percentage (10th if you ignore Boise St), and historically are a Top 10 program. Why is it shocking that they are having recruiting success?
Josepi
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Tennessee is 11th in all-time win percentage (10th if you ignore Boise St), and historically are a Top 10 program. Why is it shocking that they are having recruiting success?

Because none of these recruits were alive the last time they won a conference championship
Agsuffering@bulaw
History only repeats when the key factors remain constant. Their geography now puts them at a recruiting disadvantage and now all the major SEC programs have similiar or better ticket revenue.

They are definitely one of the 15-20 "haves," but not all haves are equal.

HUDAT361
With venmo and cash app and shoe box money it's hard to ever tell
Slamn Sharpe
Josepi said:

tk for tu juan said:

Because none of these recruits were alive the last time they won a conference championship

Doesnt matter, the program knows how to be successful.
jja79
AG
They won the national championship the year we last won a conference championship.
dixichkn
AG
They'll be fine until they beat Bama a couple of times. Then all kinds of violations will start popping up.

Hmm. Haven't we seen this movie before?
texag101
jja79 said:

They won the national championship the year we last won a conference championship.
Ouch.
Flexbone
McDadeTXAggie said:

Josepi said:

tk for tu juan said:

Doesnt matter, the program knows how to be successful.

Clearly.
Great take...
VatoLocoAggie
I understand we don't cheat. Jimbo isn't that type of coach. Cheating is a violation of the Aggie Honor Code. It's not us. We are better than that.

But we should be asking why not. All other schools are doing it and the competitive blue bloods do it more than anyone else and stay on top.

If history has proven anything it's proven that ncaa won't kill you for cheating and if you're a big money maker program like Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, A&M ... it won't slaughter the cash milk cow or cook the goose that lays the golden egg.

The ncaa is driven by $$$.
All the cheating schools including Gaylor and Penn State have gotten no harsh penalties and have become stronger after violations.

Is it really cheating if the ncaa confines it on the downlow?

We are competitive now with a whistle clean program. Can you imagine how great we'd be if we did what Bama and other schools do?

Gig Em and God Bless America
Texas A&M National Champions in Football 1917, 1919, 1927, 1939, and 2012

SEC Proud!
greg.w.h
AG
VatoLocoAggie said:

I understand we don't cheat. Jimbo isn't that type of coach. Cheating is a violation of the Aggie Honor Code. It's not us. We are better than that.

But we should be asking why not. All other schools are doing it and the competitive blue bloods do it more than anyone else and stay on top.

If history has proven anything it's proven that ncaa won't kill you for cheating and if you're a big money maker program like Alabama, Ohio State, LSU, Clemson, A&M ... it won't slaughter the cash milk cow or cook the goose that lays the golden egg.

All the cheating schools including Gaylor and Penn State have gotten no harsh penalties and have become stronger after violations.

We are competitive now with a whistle clean program. Can you imagine how great we'd be if we did what Bama and other schools do?

The goal is to accomplish the same result while complying with NCAA legislation. We felt we had to cheat in the 80s because everyone else was doing it, but we underinvested frankly because we have always been cheap *******s. That's fixed now. We have reason to be proud of doing it right. And seeing athletes like Ricky Seals-Jones come back to graduate. It's almost as if athletics serves the mission of the University or something...
Speckled Trout
AG
You serious?
Ag4coal
At this point, I don't know why you don't start cheating. The winds are changing and it's obvious the kids are gonna get paid. Might as well start a little early.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Whether they're cheating or not, they are still in that honeymoon phase of selling hope for the program. It's very similar to Mack Brown at UNC. Usually that year 2-3 bump in recruiting is the best in terms of selling.
SattlerAggie
I'm sorry Mr Saban and Herman I appreciate the bags of money you are offering but I'm going to turn all that down to go to A&M and be a great honorable Aggie!

That's seriously how some of you think this happens? Good lord WE CHEAT, Bama cheats, UT cheats, hell Okie light cheats. The difference is how well and effective is your system. We hired a great system and network in Jimbo. Let it play out. Tennessee is copying ole miss method of making a big splash and using it to try and cover the blatant cheating because Pruitt saw it work against Bama. We are using the Bama method of slow and steady. Shouldn't be a question which is better
Rick Flex
AG
Speckled Trout said:

You serious?
Dude is a known troll, trying to make A&M look bad. I'm surprised the mods allow him to keep posting.
Ugly
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Because I have to put actual effort into remembering whether or not they had a winning season last year, or any of the last few years. Recency matters.
rsf0626
all is takes is 1 high profile recruit to commit to get some momentum. Good players want to play with good players. Also, alot of these highly recruited national players are friends with each other from camps, sot hey probably already keep in touch
ToddyHill
AG
Sure I'm surprised by their success, but consider they've finally got a decent head coach, great fan base, and a great location. Neyland is a great game day experience.
ashley
VatoLocoAggie said:

You need to be on Sat. nite live.
schmellba99
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Whether they're cheating or not, they are still in that honeymoon phase of selling hope for the program. It's very similar to Mack Brown at UNC. Usually that year 2-3 bump in recruiting is the best in terms of selling.
This.

It also helps that Pruitt seems to be a competent coach, and that Tenn ended up 8-5 last season with 6 straight wins to finish out. Nobody remembers that those wins were largely against subpar opponents - what is remembered is that they got hot, finished strong and won a bowl. And Tenn has historically been a power program, so the whole "bring us back to prominence with early playing time" card is likely being played heavily.
Tamu_mgm
AG
ToddyHill said:

Sure I'm surprised by their success, but consider they've finally got a decent head coach, great fan base, and a great location. Neyland is a great game day experience.
The jury is still way out there whether Pruitt is a decent coach or not. Don't forget, they lost to freaking Georgia St. and BYU both AT HOME to start last season. And I don't want to hear about how they played "better" at the end of the year. Good or even decent coaches don't lose to Georgia State at home in the opener. They also got absolutely waxed by UGA, Florida, and Bama - which were essentially the only teams on their schedule with a pulse. One thing I will give them is that they beat Kentucky on the road, and Kentucky even last year was no pushover.

It is still at least until another season is over before we can determine if Pruitt is decent IMO.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I am guessing this was said tongue in cheek. If you think we are the only school not cheating in some way, I have some beach front property right here in College Station I can sell you.

As a reminder, A&M has been on probation more times than anyone else (8) than any other school (maybe Wichita State is tied with us). Now I know we all would agree other are not held to the same standard, but it follish to believe we no longer do it.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.