Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mike Leach.....Strike 1

16,929 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PatAg
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Aaaaand predictably as the sun coming up, ESiPN is pounding it into the dirt. They so woke.
agz win
AG
Leach should stand his ground and have a knitted noose made and wear it around his neck while he visits recruits' homes. The moms will be roaring with laughter at the humorous gesture.
Agsncws
AG
Whether or not the meme is truly racist (yeah, suckers, good luck defining that) is completely irrelevant. The defining point of this is that it IS an issue within the program and Mike has started off his tenure in spectacular ****-show fashion.
cevans_40
AG
agz win said:

Was she knitting a cross? And why the presumption Gertrude married a white husband? Racist much?

I am asking what things are racist? I obviously don't know because to me a woman knitting a rope to hang her husband is not racist. Hanging is not racist. That's why I am asking you as you seem to be an expert in finding ways to be offended.
L1TexAg95
AG
Same here, never even thought of it being racist... even when he apologized I thought he was told to do so because he was being insensitive about the virus. It wasn't until I saw the statement from Ole Piss that I realized what the problem was...
rootube
AG
Agsncws said:

Whether or not the meme is truly racist (yeah, suckers, good luck defining that) is completely irrelevant. The defining point of this is that it IS an issue within the program and Mike has started off his tenure in spectacular ****-show fashion.
I disagree. It was clearly an attempt at humor related to the current stay at home situation and not a commentary on race. It was an unfortunate situation that could have happened to anyone (Who insists on tweeting his every thought). He apologized and in a normal world we would all move on but in our world, we will argue back and forth until we move to the next distraction.
schmellba99
AG
94chem said:

rootube said:

This does seem like a gross overreaction but then again I don't live in Mississippi.

Where do you live? Because Texas was #3 in lynchings. The more you know...
And lynchings weren't strictly for black people. I'd posit that more white people have died at the end of a noose than black, but when you go out actively looking for anything and everything to be offended by, anythign and everything offends you.
schmellba99
AG
rootube said:

MiniShrike said:

94chem said:

rootube said:

This does seem like a gross overreaction but then again I don't live in Mississippi.

Really? How many people in all of human history have been hanged? Where did those take place? What were their ethnicities?

I'll hang up and listen.
You do understand the difference between hanging and lynching right? I'll hang up and listen.
Seriously - go away. You go out of your way to find anything and everything to argue about, even when you know it is stupid.
schmellba99
AG
Aggie2 said:

agnerd said:

Aggie2 said:

It could be said that it was so her husband could do himself in instead of anything racial, but this is the world we've got to deal with. Sadly.
Who says we've got to deal with it? Maybe the problem is that people let the race-baiters have their way and cry wolf every day to the point that real racism barely even registers anymore.
There are race baiters all over the country. If you are in a management position then you should be cognizant of it. Plenty of people looking for an easy buck after an innocent remark. Leach made no racial specific references and look what he gets. That's all I'm saying.
With this attitude, pretty much everybody should never speak to anybody ever again. Because evidently living in fear of anything and everything you do offending somebody out there should trump all other things.

This is exactly the reason why the super far left race baiters and unhinged are winning any social argument - they REEEEEEEE!!!!!! and the response becomes "well, let's just find a way to not offend the perpetually offended" instead of "put on your big girl panties and realize the world doesn't revolve around you".
Mr.Bond
AG
Its an old white women with mention of her husband Who is more likely than not white......Im so ****ing tired of this triggered poosay ass culture.
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Mr.Bond
AG
Tamu_mgm said:

Whoever called Mike Leach a bad fit for Mississippi St. when they hired him, great take right there.
I dont know one person who claimed this
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

dixichkn
AG
So I guess we are to believe that a guy who has been in coaching for almost 35 years, quite successfully for the most part, and who owes that success primarily to his ability to build positive relationships with black athletes and help mold his teams into cohesive, winning units.......just up and decided one day WTF, I'm gonna go out of my way here and see how many people I can piss off with an intentionally racist blast?

Sorry, that's not even remotely plausible. We've got a lot of people looking for something to get their little righteous anger worked up over........it's a non story that people are trying to build into one. I saw that meme on FB at least 4 times before I ever saw Leach associated with it. One of those times posted by the wife of a black man. Am I to assume she's a disgusting racist herself?
rootube
AG
schmellba99 said:

rootube said:

MiniShrike said:

94chem said:

rootube said:

Really? How many people in all of human history have been hanged? Where did those take place? What were their ethnicities?

I'll hang up and listen.
You do understand the difference between hanging and lynching right? I'll hang up and listen.
Seriously - go away. You go out of your way to find anything and everything to argue about, even when you know it is stupid.
No can do amigo. Wouldnt life be easier if we all agreed on everything? I'm sure there are plenty of kindred spirits over on the political board right now if you are looking for validation.
Ag4coal
This is just sooooooooooo dumb. If this was actually racist, he would have been fired. But it wasn't, so he's not.

So stupid the leach and the school have to bow before the PC police just to make them go away. But that's just how it goes nowadays.
aggiejim70
AG
They play for keeps in Mississippi. Whatcha wanna bet Ol' Miss has sent this to every high school football player in the state.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
AG
Leach ought to quit today and just tell everyone he ain't putting up with this Nancy ass **** for one more day.

People need to lighten up. He CLEARLY wasn't referencing lynchings. You'd have to be a complete idiot or willfully antagonistic to think he was.

Of course, the left is both of these things.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Tamu_mgm said:

Whoever called Mike Leach a bad fit for Mississippi St. when they hired him, great take right there.
I dont know one person who claimed this
Pretty sure AggieHawg did, could be wrong. All I know is that several people were questioning the fit at the time of the hiring due to his eccentric personality and coaching style. Granted, this got blown out of proportion more than it should have, but is still a result of his occasional recklessness.
W
AG
Leach is about 10 years beyond his expiration date
greg.w.h
AG
W said:

Leach is about 10 years beyond his expiration date
EastSideAg2002
If thats my wife, shes prolly making that for herself.
West Point Aggie
AG
EastSideAg2002 said:

If thats my wife, shes prolly making that for herself.

I'm sorry but every time I see an educated person use "prolly" it makes me sad...my students who dare use it in class know extra points will be deducted.
Txhuntr
AG
Leach will quit within two years. He will go back to a historically bad program that will put up with his quirkinesses in order to win. That being said, this is one of the biggest nothing burger's I've ever seen blown up. When I first saw the tweet I chuckled. I didn't realize there's only been one race of people subjected to hangings throughout history until this incident.
AGinHI
AG
He would've gotten more bang for his buck if he tweeted this instead

“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
aggiedadd
agz win said:

All you have to do is Google lynchings in the South and you'll find plenty of information.

Out of all the photos out there on the internet, Leach chose to post that one with all the history behind it in Mississippi.

Let's see how his recruiting does.
Lighten up Francis
94chem
schmellba99 said:

94chem said:

rootube said:

And lynchings weren't strictly for black people. I'd posit that more white people have died at the end of a noose than black, but when you go out actively looking for anything and everything to be offended by, anythign and everything offends you.

Merely pointing out that people Mississippi should be no less or more offended than people in Texas. They share a similar history on the subject.

As for lynchings, here's one link on demographics:

https://www.naacp.org/history-of-lynchings/

This Dude Abides
agnerd said:

Leach's apology:
Quote:

"I sincerely regret if my choice of images in my tweets were found offensive. I had no intention of offending anyone."
He's isn't sorry for posting the image. He's sorry that you're offended by something that isn't offensive.
That's how I apologize. It's a refined skill.
Yeah, well, you know, that's just like your opinion man!
SA-AG72
AG
LAMAO!!! Subtle humor from the Pirate. Love it!
AggieBand2004
AG
agz win said:

Leach should stand his ground and have a knitted noose made and wear it around his neck while he visits recruits' homes. The moms will be roaring with laughter at the humorous gesture.

Clutch those pearls a little harder. See if they turn into diamonds.
Baetge05
Race issue aside (whether it was intended or not), this was also very inappropriate due to the issue of suicide in our country. It affects a lot of people, directly and indirectly.

For the record, I like Leach and his since of humor, but this went over the line IMO.
Kanyes psychiatrist
Leach will have one big 10-2 type season but the rest will be between 7-5 and 5-7 and after the 2023 season he will retire. Might even be sooner. After a year away he will take over some small Florida program. Leach just left the Pac 12 where there were only about four high end coaches. SEC is loaded with program builders and each program has an incredible amount of talent at every position.
Class of 65
AG
How many were German immigrants during WWII ditto Japanese.
This isn't about lynching it is a satire on living in close quarters for many moons to come. It is funny.
rootube
AG
It's possible you are right but the guy has punched over his weight his entire career I don't see why that would change now. I do think he is going to have to up his game because Kiffin can recruit and they are going to go head to head for every player.
Kanyes psychiatrist
True to a point. He had one really good season at Washington state then basically was 6-6. I'm fully aware of the difficulties of recruiting at Pullman. Anyway, he inherits a program that is significantly less talented than it was 18 months ago and is now at least one level below most programs in the SEC west and SEC overall. He will have to adjust his scheme to protect his defense. The athletes on defense along with refs allowance for DBs to be physical can throw off his offense big time.
rootube
AG
He never broke through and won a PAC title but Washington St is probably just above Oregon St in the pecking order in the cellar of the league and they were in the toilet when he arrived. They were much better when he left and they took down most of the elite in conference at one point. The just had some devastating losses that were hard to explain.
Ag4coal
Baetge05 said:

Race issue aside (whether it was intended or not), this was also very inappropriate due to the issue of suicide in our country. It affects a lot of people, directly and indirectly.

For the record, I like Leach and his since of humor, but this went over the line IMO.

Yaaaaaah, this wasn't about suicide either.
Page 2 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.