Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mike Leach.....Strike 1

16,928 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PatAg
Aggie2
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw on ESPN where Leach posted a twitter of a woman sitting at home knitting a hangman's noose. This is not just quirky it's stupid. The school President has some "cultural awareness of Mississippi" sessions planned. Mike Leach being Mike Leach.
PLUM LOCO
AG
snowflakes
agnerd
AG
It's only racist if you're a racist. It's funny if you don't have a stick up your a$$.

agnerd
AG
Leach's apology:
Quote:

"I sincerely regret if my choice of images in my tweets were found offensive. I had no intention of offending anyone."
He's isn't sorry for posting the image. He's sorry that you're offended by something that isn't offensive.
Aggie2
agnerd said:

It's only racist if you're a racist. It's funny if you don't have a stick up your a$$.

It could be said that it was so her husband could do himself in instead of anything racial, but this is the world we've got to deal with. Sadly.
agnerd
AG
Aggie2 said:

It could be said that it was so her husband could do himself in instead of anything racial, but this is the world we've got to deal with. Sadly.
Who says we've got to deal with it? Maybe the problem is that people let the race-baiters have their way and cry wolf every day to the point that real racism barely even registers anymore.
rootube
AG
I looked at this when it was originally posted and got a mild chuckle and thought nothing of it. I had to look it up later to figure out what was going on. This does seem like a gross overreaction but then again I don't live in Mississippi.
94chem
Big lotta less than nuthin.
94chem
rootube said:

This does seem like a gross overreaction but then again I don't live in Mississippi.

Where do you live? Because Texas was #3 in lynchings. The more you know...
West Point Aggie
AG
For him it is as offensive and significant as his boss deems it to be...if that's an issue for him he should have stayed in Eastern Washington where this would likely have been a non issue.
Ian Neff
AG
In the meantime, the offended party is dying of COVID in disproportionately large numbers.

#priorities
rootube
AG
94chem said:

rootube said:

This does seem like a gross overreaction but then again I don't live in Mississippi.

I sincerely regret if my choice of words if my posts were found offensive. I had no intention of offending anyone.

Is that better?
Madmarttigan
AG
I laughed at it
DeangeloVickers
AG
My wife is almost done with hers for me
#quarantinelife
Velvet Jones
AG
94chem said:

rootube said:

Really? How many people in all of human history have been hanged? Where did those take place? What were their ethnicities?

I'll hang up and listen.
agz win
AG
All you have to do is Google lynchings in the South and you'll find plenty of information.

Out of all the photos out there on the internet, Leach chose to post that one with all the history behind it in Mississippi.

Let's see how his recruiting does.
rootube
AG
MiniShrike said:

94chem said:

rootube said:

Really? How many people in all of human history have been hanged? Where did those take place? What were their ethnicities?

I'll hang up and listen
You gotta love some Texags. Where you can essentially agree 100% and still get in a pissing match.

cevans_40
AG
agz win said:

All you have to do is Google lynchings in the South and you'll find plenty of information.

Out of all the photos out there on the internet, Leach chose to post that one with all the history behind it in Mississippi.

So a white woman knitting a noose to hang here presumably white husband is now racist? Got it. What about a cross? Is that racist everywhere now? I can't keep up with this stuff.
Whatthefunyo
agnerd said:

Aggie2 said:

Who says we've got to deal with it? Maybe the problem is that people let the race-baiters have their way and cry wolf every day to the point that real racism barely even registers anymore.

This.
rootube
AG
MiniShrike said:

94chem said:

rootube said:

I'll hang up and listen.
You do understand the difference between hanging and lynching right? I'll hang up and listen.
HunterAggie
My thought:

Leach meant no offense. Typical of his sense of humor.

Being the head coach of a major university in the state of Mississippi, he learned it might not have been the smartest thing to do.
HunterAggie

The Elko Era has begun
agz win
AG
Was she knitting a cross? And why the presumption Gertrude married a white husband? Racist much?
O'Doyle Rules
AG
Aggie2 said:

Saw on ESPN where Leach posted a twitter of a woman sitting at home knitting a hangman's noose. This is not just quirky it's stupid. The school President has some "cultural awareness of Mississippi" sessions planned. Mike Leach being Mike Leach.

Who made you continue on and read the whole tweet?
TopoTacos
AG
HunterAggie said:

My thought:

Leach meant no offense. Typical of his sense of humor.

Being the head coach of a major university in the state of Mississippi, he learned it might not have been the smartest thing to do.

Yeah, this is peak Leach both in dry humor and low-level tone deafness... it's a moderate chuckle but there's always gonna be way more scrutiny when you're in the SEC... doubly so when everyone is on quarantine and is on social media 24/7
aggiepaintrain
AG
I like Leach, but that picture from the past is in bad taste.
Had it been some hot wife from this era then no problem.
rootube
AG
MiniShrike said:

rootube said:

MiniShrike said:

94chem said:

rootube said:

I'll hang up and listen.
You do understand the difference between hanging and lynching right? I'll hang up and listen.
Functionally?

Absolutely nothing.

Keep listening, racist.
You realize they are actual terms with definitions and everything right? I will take a stab at describing the difference for you at the risk of fanning the flames.

Hanging was a common practice for administering justice in early America. It was associated with the American west but I'm sure it was practiced in most areas and you think of someone being hanged for cattle or horse thievery. It was probably uneven justice but it was justice and fit the practicalities of administering justice on the spot with the tools at hand.

Lynching is the practice hanging someone to exert control of a population through the use of violence.

Post removed:
by user
PlaneCrashGuy
AG
I'd be pissed if Jimbo posted it
Win At Life
AG
agz win said:

Okay, maybe I've been missing something on this story. Does that particular picture have some history behind it in Mississippi? Please explain.

Thanks
Flashdiaz
AG
agnerd said:

Leach's apology:
Quote:

"I sincerely regret if my choice of images in my tweets were found offensive. I had no intention of offending anyone."
He's isn't sorry for posting the image. He's sorry that you're offended by something that isn't offensive.
I love "sorry it offended you" apologies.
BQ78
AG
Is Gertrude in a miscegentic marriage? If not, anyone who doesn't think that is funny and that it is racist, has a stick up their bum.
BQ78
AG
Dude:

I'm really sorry about that slavery and vigilante justice things.
greg.w.h
AG
Leach did something really dumb. The school is going to try really hard not to fire him now.
Aggie2
agnerd said:

Aggie2 said:

There are race baiters all over the country. If you are in a management position then you should be cognizant of it. Plenty of people looking for an easy buck after an innocent remark. Leach made no racial specific references and look what he gets. That's all I'm saying.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Whoever called Mike Leach a bad fit for Mississippi St. when they hired him, great take right there.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.