Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Mike Leach.....Strike 1

16,936 Views | 103 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PatAg
WhereItsWarm
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Leach is really going to struggle with recruiting top prospects who also happen to be cattle rustlers
schmellba99
AG
Baetge05 said:

Race issue aside (whether it was intended or not), this was also very inappropriate due to the issue of suicide in our country. It affects a lot of people, directly and indirectly.

For the record, I like Leach and his since of humor, but this went over the line IMO.
Jesus Christ, let's just list every single thing that may offend somebody somewhere or have some tie sto some cause somewhere and ban it.

This bull**** mentality is why there is no such thing as humor anymore and everybody like you walks around perpetually offended by things like oxygen and sunlight and whatever else.

It's all a lost cause now, we have reached the point where no matter what, you apparently have to worry about somebody not liking what you say and then apologizing for it. What's the point of even existing anymore for most of you?
WantedDeadOrAlive
Apparently the context behind the picture is a suicide awareness poster and the lady is an Israelite (guess they have a suicide problem idk)
rootube
AG
schmellba99 said:

Baetge05 said:

Race issue aside (whether it was intended or not), this was also very inappropriate due to the issue of suicide in our country. It affects a lot of people, directly and indirectly.

For the record, I like Leach and his since of humor, but this went over the line IMO.
Jesus Christ, let's just list every single thing that may offend somebody somewhere or have some tie sto some cause somewhere and ban it.

This bull**** mentality is why there is no such thing as humor anymore and everybody like you walks around perpetually offended by things like oxygen and sunlight and whatever else.

It's all a lost cause now, we have reached the point where no matter what, you apparently have to worry about somebody not liking what you say and then apologizing for it. What's the point of even existing anymore for most of you?
It's hard to keep track but the outrage over the outrage is leading by a mile on this thread. That is outrageous!
schmellba99
AG
The dbaggery and following me around unecessarily by you leads all categories.
EastSideAg2002
West Point Aggie said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

If thats my wife, shes prolly making that for herself.

I'm sorry but every time I see an educated person use "prolly" it makes me sad...my students who dare use it in class know extra points will be deducted.
Yes, I use it in all my presentations. High fives ensue.
Slamn Sharpe
Didnt take long for that idiot to get his 1st strike. This is the beginning of the end
Ag Tag
People who are racially offend by that are delighted to have the opportunity to be offended.
Slamn Sharpe
Ag Tag said:

People who are racially offend by that are delighted to have the opportunity to be offended.

Unfortunately
AgBank
AG
agnerd said:

Leach's apology:
Quote:

"I sincerely regret if my choice of images in my tweets were found offensive. I had no intention of offending anyone."
He's isn't sorry for posting the image. He's sorry that you're offended by something that isn't offensive.
I agree with him!
Liquid Wrench
West Point Aggie said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

I'm sorry but every time I see an educated person use "prolly" it makes me sad...my students who dare use it in class know extra points will be deducted.
You were prolly offended by the meme.
West Point Aggie
AG
Body By Fisher said:

West Point Aggie said:

EastSideAg2002 said:

You were prolly offended by the meme.

Offended by stupid and made up words and ever-lowering of standards...congrats on helping to prove a point.
Red Rover
AG
agnerd said:

It's only racist if you're a racist. It's funny if you don't have a stick up your a$$.

Anyone that claims they think this is racist is lying or they are lying.
Z Team
AG
What if she is making it for her husband because he was a racist. It boggles my mind how many times a day some people must get their panties all wadded up in their crack.
Slamn Sharpe
Z Team said:

What if she is making it for her husband because he was a racist. It boggles my mind how many times a day some people must get their panties all wadded up in their crack.

Front or back?

Asking for a friend
94chem
BAS65 said:

This isn't about lynching it is a satire on living in close quarters for many moons to come. It is funny.

Yeah. I already pointed that out on page 1. Lynching statistics were provided at no extra charge
Law Hall 69-72
AG
Has everybody lost their cotton pickin' minds?
WC94
AG
After reading this thread, will someone please knit me a noose?
Batzarro
AG
A whole lot of hubbub about nothing. Obviously Leach didn't intend to offend anyone. The image is clearly meant to be a covid-19 meme and nothing else.
BennyBlancoFromTheBright
AG
Law Hall 69-72 said:

Has everybody lost their cotton pickin' minds?
MidTnAg
AG
Quote:

It's only racist if you're a racist. It's funny if you don't have a stick up your a$$.
Quote:

Quote:

Leach should stand his ground and have a knitted noose made and wear it around his neck while he visits recruits' homes. The moms will be roaring with laughter at the humorous gesture.
Quote:

Is Gertrude in a miscegentic marriage? If not, anyone who doesn't think that is funny and that it is racist, has a stick up their bum.
Making a noose in the deep South is just humor to you guys? Ha-Ha funny? It appears that you guys do not know the sad history of what at a noose has been used for in the South? You think showing a noose is just funny? Funny to you? It damn sure won't be Ha-Ha funny to a lot of recruits he will desperately need to win at Mississippi State.
Quote:

He's isn't sorry for posting the image. He's sorry that you're offended by something that isn't offensive.
Seriously? You do not think that showing a noose in the deep South is not offensive to blacks? Really?
West Point Aggie
AG
I kinda wish he'd tweet a pic of a middle finger...generally directed at EVERYONE...it'd fun to see how much time and virtue signaling people would waste on that one!!
Azeew
agz win said:

All you have to do is Google lynchings in the South and you'll find plenty of information.

Out of all the photos out there on the internet, Leach chose to post that one with all the history behind it in Mississippi.

Let's see how his recruiting does.
Geez. Some of y'all.
oldschool87
AG
Make him go sit in the field house with no lights...
Sparkie
AG
Leach knew that tweet would cause issues. He is doing a cash grab and will burn the house down as he leaves.
Mr.Bond
AG
Sparkie said:

Leach knew that tweet would cause issues. He is doing a cash grab and will burn the house down as he leaves.

You must not have been following leach on social media long.... He doesn't give 2 ****s
Im looking for Ray Finkle.... and a clean pair of shorts. Im just a very big Finkle fan. This is my Graceland, sir.

Craigy
Baetge05 said:

What does his tweet have to do with suicide? Anything no.
8T2
Win At Life said:

agz win said:

All you have to do is Google lynchings in the South and you'll find plenty of information.

Out of all the photos out there on the internet, Leach chose to post that one with all the history behind it in Mississippi.

Okay, maybe I've been missing something on this story. Does that particular picture have some history behind it in Mississippi? Please explain.

Thanks
Other than Mississippi leading the nation in the number of lynchings?
ManicDepression
8T2 said:

Win At Life said:

agz win said:

Okay, maybe I've been missing something on this story. Does that particular picture have some history behind it in Mississippi? Please explain.

Thanks

Leading the nation? Wow, I didn't even realize those horrible things were still happening! NOW I'm offended, too.
Sparkie
AG
Mr.Bond said:

Sparkie said:

You must not have been following leach on social media long.... He doesn't give 2 ****s
Ask him how he feels about being fired for cause. His fan boys find him much more adorable than the courts. He flushed $2 million down the ****ter. Do ya really think he's going to do again?
West Point Aggie
AG
8T2 said:

Win At Life said:

agz win said:

Thanks

Where in MS did the most recent lynching take place? Wow I had no idea those were still happening! That's awful!
KatyAg88
Yeah, but Texans aren't as thin skinned about these things.
Slamn Sharpe
Sparkie said:

No. He has a super sized ego and refuses to use a filter. He basically thinks he's above social norms

He's an idiot
The Agly Duckling
agnerd said:

Leach's apology:
Quote:

"I sincerely regret if my choice of images in my tweets were found offensive. I had no intention of offending anyone."
Is her husband Black/African American?
PatAg
AG
Baetge05 said:

This picture was about homicide not suicide, your feelings are safe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.