Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Kellen Mond Highlights

4,202 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Matsui
AggieBlu
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Hate in 3...2...1

I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
West Point Aggie
AG
What a great Aggie...fine young man, excellent representative of the school and leader of the team...in before the inevitable KM bashing...
pants
Big fan of Kellen!

Not a big fan of field-level camera angles for football highlight reels.
12thmanfootball
AG
We got a great chance of 10 or 11 or more wins with him this year!!!!
Luke The Drifter
AG
For all of the hate and disdain on these boards for KM, he's likely going to leave Aggieland as one of the most prolific, winningest QBs in program history.

And he seems like a good guy. I know we really don't know any of these dudes, but it's kind of refreshing to have a front line representative of the team who doesn't pass out drunk in a planter or get arrested.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
PyriteAg
AG
aeon-ag said:

AggieBlu said:

No Thanks!!!
Is it really impossible to hold off on the hate till the season starts?
West Point Aggie
AG
Dario said:

aeon-ag said:

AggieBlu said:

No Thanks!!!
Is it really impossible to hold off on the hate till the season starts?

Not with the bitter, impossible to please queens around here...
Class of 65
AG
What kind of noise was that in the background? Could not watch it.
peace
S
horrid sounds from something that might be called music....gawd awful.
West Point Aggie
AG
Music non old people listen to...
peace
S
different question-, if the season of '20 is scrubbed, does that mean Mond will still be the '21 QB?
bulverdeaggie93
AG
Nice... video captured all five of his passes completed over 10-yards on the season.
Madmarttigan
AG
bulverdeaggie93 said:

Nice... video captured all five of his passes completed over 10-yards on the season.
There would be a really long video of all the passes missed by 5 yards or more.
MD1993
AG
Great job.
stillmerk
AG
He still has a redshirt available.
DGAG92
AG
tv1113 said:

bulverdeaggie93 said:

There would be a really long video of all the passes missed by 5 yards or more.

Or the overthrows of wide open receivers in critical times of the game. There's PLENTY of great passes completed when the game was out of reach and the defenses went into prevent.
Azariah
AG
Kellen Mond seems like a great guy, and is a pretty damn good quarterback. If he becomes consistent in hitting downfield throws this year, I think it's possible he enters the argument for the best Aggie QB ever.
King
AG
Azariah said:

Kellen Mond seems like a great guy, and is a pretty damn good quarterback. If he becomes consistent in hitting downfield throws this year, I think it's possible he enters the argument for the best Aggie QB ever.
[img][/img]
Tamu_mgm
AG
Great video, terrible song.
RhodeAg
AG
Unless he shocks us all and starts consistently completing passes down the field (i.e., not consistently over-throwing them), we are in for another season of grinding out points and frequently trying to come from behind.

Oklahoma State game was a good example of a grind. We should have won the game by 21...our lines wore down the OSU offensive and defensive lines, yet we won by 3.

Kellon does not excite anyone. It, for him, seems like a struggle every game, unless we are playing a markedly weaker team.

He seems like a very nice, hard-working young man. We all wish him well...but many of us probably will be glad when he moves on.

Let's hope he has a Joe Barrows final season...wouldn't that be fun?
Don't take life too seriously...no one gets out alive.
fav13andac1)c
AG
Better completion rate in his junior season than Jerrod Johnson, but don't tell that to the haters. Jerrod also had Jeff Fuller, Ryan Swope, etc. Not bashing on Jerrod, but Kellen's Hate/Skill ratio is just ridiculous.
RhodeAg
AG
fav13

If I'm not mistaken, Kellen's completion rate declined this season past, compared to his 2018 season. He really struggled with the down-the-field throws.

I don't think Jerrod Johnson's completion rate was anything to write home about, either. I seem to recall he lost his job to another QB.
Don't take life too seriously...no one gets out alive.
ashley
His % was up in 19 but that's of the awful teams on the schedule. He was up to about 64.
greg.w.h
AG
The problem with Kellen is four- and five-loss seasons aren't that impressive and he's the guy. Two ten-win seasons would have been a different story. We will see if they take the field on time this fall...
King
AG
So you're saying Kellen is better than the worst quarterback we've had in 20+ years?
Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Remember Kellen didn't have a good OL to protect him in 2019. With a very experienced line in 2020, softer schedule, and his own senior level experience, he will produce a better season stat-wise and win-wise.
Rule#2
AG
King said:

So you're saying Kellen is better than the worst quarterback we've had in 20+ years?

Just so you're aware, I'm pretty sure he holds the school records for yards and touchdowns.

May be going out on a limb there though
Alpha Texan
AG
Let's take a moment to thank Arkansas for making this video possible
Ugly
AG
I'm not really concerned with his ability to put together a highlights reel, he has shown that ability. Maybe not to the same degree as someone like JFF, but the kid can put together a performance in 2 minute drill. His problem has continued to be too much blooper reel footage surrounding those moments of brilliance.
Post removed:
by user
Luke The Drifter
AG
Aggiebrewer said:

Azariah said:

This has to be a troll

I think the message here is that A&M doesn't exactly have a history of cranking out great QBs. The bar for Aggie QB greatness is set pretty low. It's not like we're producing a lot of Peyton Manning at Tennessee or Tim Tebow at Florida type QBs on a regular basis.

But those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint. Isaiah 40:31 (NIV)
Aston04
AG
RhodeAg said:

fav13

If I'm not mistaken, Kellen's completion rate declined this season past, compared to his 2018 season. He really struggled with the down-the-field throws.

I don't think Jerrod Johnson's completion rate was anything to write home about, either. I seem to recall he lost his job to another QB.
Yes, JJ is overrated in hindsight around here. He wasn't good enough even before the shoulder injury...
King
AG
Rule#2 said:

King said:

Just so you're aware, I'm pretty sure he holds the school records for yards and touchdowns.

May be going out on a limb there though

I don't want to hate on KM as a person. I'm Sure he's a great young man.

But as a QB he's ok at best.
Anyone can hold records if they play long enough. Kellen has played in 30 something games. Of course he has some all time stats.

All time stats don't mean a thing when you've played that many games.

He still chokes in big games. Look at Clemson last year. He played HORRIBLY! We have a great chance to win that game if he played even 50% better.

I really hope he proves me wrong. I'd love to be wrong. But I've seen nothing to suggest I am.
Sparkie
AG
When KM is comfortable, he shows some real flashes. His mechanics break down otherwise. The jump and twist while throwing destroys his accuracy. Every time it happens, I get pissed the coaches haven't fixed these problems.
Post removed:
by user
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.