Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The T-Star logo should be brought back

7,655 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by aggieband 83
Wranglers_04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Who's with me that the T Star logo should be brought back? For the sake of brand consistency, we went overboard in the 2010s making everything the block aTm logo. On telecasts on ESPN graphics, all other schools have their secondary logo showcased, whereas ours is the Texas outline aTm yet again.

The Texas T-Star is an awesome look. So what if it looks like Texas State - we're Texas A&M, we set the bar. Plus Texas State mostly uses their Bobcat logo.

TheFirebird
AG
I'm not with you.
StrykerAg
AG
No
StrykerAg
AG
Yes

West Point Aggie
AG
God NO! We have a logo...it may be oddly beveled (sorry old main) but one is enough
farwellrob
AG
The TStar is a terrible logo. If you show it to a million people in America, not one would link it to A&M.

If you show it to a million Aggies, then maybe 10% would guess it's an Aggie logo.

In the 2000s, the school put millions of dollars into branding and had that logo up front. It still didn't make people see it as an Aggie symbol.

It's simply too generic.

Save it for 'throw back' merchandise, but otherwise let it die completely.
TexanJeff
AG
Too generic, just give me the regular ATM with no Bevel and I'm a happy camper.
Jbob04
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
I actually like the Tstar in Reed...

It should be no where near Kyle tho
peace
S
The only logo should be the one on the Football helmets.....strong, clear, and classic. That stupid looking bevel is a horrid visual.
The Chicken Ranch
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

I actually like the Tstar in Reed...

It should be no where near Kyle tho

Agreed! I liked it as a secondary logo, especially in Reed. And I miss the beautiful parquet floor.

What we really need is TEXAS AGGIES back in the end zones, on the baseline, and on the outfield wall. Just like God intended.
aggieband 83
AG
The T-star thankfully was discontinued. The beveled T needs to join it in the trash and never be used again.
aeon-ag
Wranglers_04 said:

Who's with me that the T Star logo should be brought back? For the sake of brand consistency, we went overboard in the 2010s making everything the block aTm logo. On telecasts on ESPN graphics, all other schools have their secondary logo showcased, whereas ours is the Texas outline aTm yet again.

The Texas T-Star is an awesome look. So what if it looks like Texas State - we're Texas A&M, we set the bar. Plus Texas State mostly uses their Bobcat logo.

Quit trying to change things, be proud of what brung A&M, sip!
Al Bula
AG
OP is a sip or wants to be one real bad. More proof of staff sanctioned trolling.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
T-star was/is hideous.

These two need to be brought back:

?v=1570743626

94chem
Block atm over state outline. Done.
BenTheGoodAg
AG
I agree, the T-star logo should come back

Just not that crap you're talking about
Slamn Sharpe
Block aTm
Outline of Texas with block aTm or an Ol' Sarge logo

T star should only be a Reed
Moon Shadow
First change should be "AGGIES" in the end zones at Kyle.
Birdbear
AG
T Star sucks almost as bad as having the beveled block atm on diplomas
RCR06
AG
This probably won't be very popular, but I don't really care of the 'ol sarge.
Mr. Ectomy
AG
The classics never die.

TEXAS
AGGIES
-----------------------------
National Champions
1917, 1919, 1927, 1939
BTHOB-98
StrykerAg said:

Yes

Maroon Dawn
AG
Ol Sarge is never coming back now that the Leftist PC Academia Mafia controls this school like all others.

The T-Star was poor attempt at creating a more T-shirt fan friendly brand that was about visually identifying us with the state of Texas to play on state pride the way sip does with "Texas" despite being the least "Texas" school in this whole state.

We've since replaced it with aTm with state silhouette logo which I think is too busy and doesn't work because the aTm logo will simply never mass appeal to most folks who aren't an alumni or family member of an alumni

It's a tough job but we need somebody to come up with a GREAT secondary logo that somehow identifies both as Texas A&M and the state of Texas together. Get that right and we can sell a lot of gear.
Leander - Ag
AG
No
medog
AG
Just looked up at my degree above my desk and saw the T-star on the seal I guess I never really noticed it before. I'm class of '89 so what are they using on the degrees now? Also, what is the history of it, years in use, etc?

Lastly, it was signed by Dr. Mobley, RIP.
Russ Dalrymple
AG
Might as well bring back the sex logo too.
TxAg2023
That first logo is absolutely hideous. I hope you don't have Corona with that lack of taste because that is incredibly boring and generic. Some people on this site do not understand that younger people enjoy things that are not extremely boring and generic.
TxAg2023
That T-Star logo is beautiful and it should be used as a secondary logo again along with the texas outline around the ATM. I don't know how anyone could look at that logo and say it should never be used again, it's very sharp.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
It's classic and balanced. It's string and stable and doesn't look like something a 7th grader drew up on the outside of his Trapperkeeper. It has symmetry that our current logo doesn't. It looks good on signs, merchandise, etc.
The classics may not be flashy but they remain.
Think Michigan's "M", Tennessee's "Power T", Georgia's "G", etc.
The classics don't need bells and whistles.

West Point Aggie
AG
T* is dead and not coming back...

Let it go...
94chem
I would also like someone to take a stab at "Texas Aggies" written over a state outline.
TxAg76
AG
peace said:

The only logo should be the one on the Football helmets.....strong, clear, and classic. That stupid looking bevel is a horrid visual.

Agree, non-beveled....but I do like the state of Texas outline with it when it's done right, proportionally.
Kinda like what's on the helmets when we played Mizzou, their place, in 2013.
cajunaggie08
AG
medog said:

Just looked up at my degree above my desk and saw the T-star on the seal I guess I never really noticed it before. I'm class of '89 so what are they using on the degrees now? Also, what is the history of it, years in use, etc?

Lastly, it was signed by Dr. Mobley, RIP.
This. The board of regents took the athletic logo and made it the official academic mark as well for the entire TAMU system

medog
AG
Thanks for that. Here's a snip from my Degree. I actually like the T-Star better for the degree anyway:

https://imgur.com/Kk8SpUS

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.