Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

The T-Star logo should be brought back

7,783 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by aggieband 83
McInnis80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
While we are bringing back the T Star, why not bring back Fran and the Big 12.
schmellba99
AG
T-star was always meant for things like the official seal, which historically hasl always been more "formal" or classic in nature versus things like athletic logos. When the board started putting that gawd aful garbage beveled aTm on diplomas, they pretty much told everybody that we didn't care about representing ourselves as an instutution of higher learning and that marketing a crap symbol was the ultimate goal.

Block ATM, no bevel - athletics. Simple, classic, universally recognized as Texas A&M. Put Texas Aggies in the endzone. Bring sarge back in specific and limited use. Sht can anything with a stupid bevel (hell, even the tech tards figured out how to actually properly bevel something). T-star for anything formal and academic, like letterhead from the president, diplomas, official school seal. It's not that hard.
atxaggie07
AG
No, I like the consistency we've had the last couple years without the T-Star. I was a fan, but I've come around since.
-------------------------------------------------------
quote:
"Some people, when a certain team has a big year, they'll buy a jersey," he said. "OK, did you go there? No. Are you from Austin? No. Did you work there? No. Do you know anybody who worked there? No. Well, nice shirt, you know?"
94chem
That beveled block atm inside the elegant University seal is objectively bad. No thinking person could ever think that looked good. It looks like crown molding in a prison cell, or ketchup on a ribeye.
TopoTacos
AG
I miss the original seal.

Not huge on the T star... but I quite like the reveille
AgBQ-00
AG
The old seal looked so much better. I don't like the athletic logo on the seal
West Point Aggie
AG
AgBQ-00 said:

The old seal looked so much better. I don't like the athletic logo on the seal

One of the stupidest things sharp has done....it'd be like tu stamping the uterus on their university seal...a very sophomoric low brow move
AggieVictor10
AG
The T-Star was peak mid-00s aesthetic. And it should probably stay there (though absolutely down for slapping it in the middle of Reed).

I actually didn't mind the stick figure sex one, on its own, but I'd agree that it doesn't read as a Texas A&M logo.

Non-beveled ATM logo is great.

The Ol Sarge logos are fine too but personally not for me as it's a bit too busy of a logo for me, at least for clothes, but I prefer something minimal. Otherwise, it's pretty great too.
Aston04
AG
AggieVictor10 said:

The T-Star was peak mid-00s aesthetic. And it should probably stay there (though absolutely down for slapping it in the middle of Reed).

I actually didn't mind the stick figure sex one, on its own, but I'd agree that it doesn't read as a Texas A&M logo.

Non-beveled ATM logo is great.

The Ol Sarge logos are fine too but personally not for me as it's a bit too busy of a logo for me, at least for clothes, but I prefer something minimal. Otherwise, it's pretty great too.
Stick figured interlocking A&M logo has potential. We are simply known as A&M to many. Throw a Texas outline behind it and make the interlocking A & M letters look better and it would be a perfect secondary logo to the block aTm.
Aggieboarder11
AG
I'm with you bro! I look forward to the basketball games but every time I see the court.... smh. We had the best and classiest court in Texas and all of college basketball. Now our courts an eyesore and Tech has the best in Texas. It would be great to have the T-Star back as the secondary logo again. It's still better than the "creative and innovative" logo that was a bumper sticker years before. T-Star is for Texas Aggies
NashvilleAg16
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

medog said:

Just looked up at my degree above my desk and saw the T-star on the seal I guess I never really noticed it before. I'm class of '89 so what are they using on the degrees now? Also, what is the history of it, years in use, etc?

Lastly, it was signed by Dr. Mobley, RIP.
This. The board of regents took the athletic logo and made it the official academic mark as well for the entire TAMU system

Not true...

https://www.theeagle.com/news/a_m/here-to-stay-regents-elect-to-keep-old-seal-for/article_47638372-89cb-11e5-9ebd-c30690ce605d.html
West Point Aggie
AG
The idea of slapping the athletic logo on the system seal was so beyond moronic...hard to believe someone at that level thought it was a good idea.
aggieband 83
AG
cajunaggie08 said:

medog said:

Just looked up at my degree above my desk and saw the T-star on the seal I guess I never really noticed it before. I'm class of '89 so what are they using on the degrees now? Also, what is the history of it, years in use, etc?

Lastly, it was signed by Dr. Mobley, RIP.
This. The board of regents took the athletic logo and made it the official academic mark as well for the entire TAMU system

Dumbasses!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.