Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Brace yourself for NO 2020-21 COLLEGE SPORTS!

5,614 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by TRADUCTOR
MidTnAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brace yourself for NO 2020-21 COLLEGE SPORTS!

COVID-19 is no longer a hoax. 1M tests/day will probably NOT be enough to test, isolate, trace, and quarantine the amount of people necessary to allow a lessening of social distancing by this fall. Sadly, we are nowhere near accomplishing this. We are now testing only around 100K/day.

No lessening of social distancing would mean no college football games/crowds this fall.
No college football games/crowds this fall = no revenue = no money for any college sport.

Football (and other sports) will be difficult to play this fall anyway since there will definitely be individuals (players, coaches, and others) involved who will test COVID-19 positive resulting in disruptions in the program in numerous avenues.
There is no treatment for COVID-19 and no immunity to COVID-19. It can cause significant medical problems even in a healthy adult.

COVID-19 is a WORLDWIDE pandemic. COVID-19 will lessen in the US this summer but will definitely NOT "go away." It will be here when colder weather returns this fall.

It is unlikely that our way of life will return to "normal" until there is a vaccine against COVID-19 or until worldwide herd immunity.
It will take AT LEAST one, possibly two years before a vaccine against COVID-19 will be available.

Please stay home as much as possible. Follow the CDC GUIDELINES as strictly as possible.
Save your money. Protect yourself and your family. Good luck and BE SAFE.
12thmanfootball
AG
Corona Virus is gone by the end of May cause it was made it China.

A&M win natty in Jan 2021.

I go to Vegas and collect my winnings.
I agree with the OP and think the football season will be cancelled.
Post removed:
by user
Sponge
AG
I'll start my own college football... with blackjack and hookers. In fact, screw the football.
Aggiebrewer said:

You probably are praying it is so you don't have to watch Herman suck face with his recruits & your team just generally suck on the field.

I don't watch football on TV.
rgag12
AG
That's too bad OP. You can give me your season tickets and I'll burn them myself.
94chem
33 said:

Aggiebrewer said:

You probably are praying it is so you don't have to watch Herman suck face with his recruits & your team just generally suck on the field.

Get a rope.
94chem said:

33 said:

Aggiebrewer said:

Get a rope.

94chem, thanks for the sentiment. I have lived in Germany for the past two years. So, no American sports on TV and I don't miss it one bit.
misterguinness
AG
33 said:

94chem said:

33 said:

Aggiebrewer said:

Get a rope.

94chem, thanks for the sentiment. I have lived in Germany for the past two years. So, no American sports on TV and I don't miss it one bit.

So, why are you posting on an American sports thread if you have this newly found revelation?
2+2=5
HossAg
AG
33 said:

94chem said:

33 said:

Aggiebrewer said:

Get a rope.

Well then GTFO of here.
misterguinness said:

33 said:

94chem said:

33 said:

Aggiebrewer said:

Get a rope.

So, why are you posting on an American sports thread if you have this newly found revelation?
I've been around here for 15 years and have many friends. It's not that newly found either. I cut cable many months prior to moving to Germany.
Charlie Murphy
Can't decide which post is worst on this thread.
pv
I don't think college football is coming back in 2020...Sucks because we were all set for a good year.
JPK89
AG
Dabo disagrees....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28991417/clemson-dabo-swinney-zero-doubt-college-season-starts

rootube
AG
33 said:

misterguinness said:

33 said:

94chem said:

33 said:

Aggiebrewer said:

Get a rope.

I've been around here for 15 years and have many friends. It's not that newly found either. I cut cable many months prior to moving to Germany.
In other news, you may have a soulmate in Rome who is still trying to find a watch party to view an Aggie game.
W
AG
there won't be any football if the ultra conservative mindset persists into the summer time
rootube said:

33 said:

misterguinne
In other news, you may have a soulmate in Rome who is still trying to find a watch party to view an Aggie game.

Who's that?
Faustus
Sponge said:

I'll start my own college football... with blackjack and hookers. In fact, screw the football.
Seems like you're wasting the hookers if that's what you're doing to the football.
Meximan
Quote:

COVID-19 is no longer a hoax.
No longer?
MidTnAg
AG
Are you claiming it's still a hoax?
greg.w.h
AG
MidTnAg said:

Are you claiming it's still a hoax?
...or that it used to be a hoax???
MidTnAg
AG
Even Trump and Fox News no longer claim that it is a hoax. Americans are dying everyday. This is not a hoax anymore.
TAMUallen
AG
We will be out of quarantine this summer. Hold yalls horses!
Al Bula
AG
This thread sucks and so does this "33" persona.

But I'm having another kid in a few months and I can't think of a Better time to cancel sports.
Class of 65
AG
Covid 19 WAS NEVER A HOAX
West Point Aggie
AG
JPK89 said:

Dabo disagrees....

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28991417/clemson-dabo-swinney-zero-doubt-college-season-starts

So "Dr" Dabo thinks so, huh? Gosh I feel SO much better!!
DGAG92
AG
Ever wonder how all these H-E-B, Wal-Mart, Target, etc employees go to work everyday and are exposed to hundreds and even thousands of people, yet none are becoming infected? Time to end the "Hoax" and go back to work and school.
MidTnAg
AG
Absolutely true. Unfortunately, we had several of our leaders claiming it was a hoax.
West Point Aggie
AG
Dgrimesag92 said:

Ever wonder how all these H-E-B, Wal-Mart, Target, etc employees go to work everyday and are exposed to hundreds and even thousands of people, yet none are becoming infected? Time to end the "Hoax" and go back to work and school.

None huh? Not a single one you say?
MidTnAg
AG
Quote:

Ever wonder how all these H-E-B, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. employees go to work every day and are exposed to hundreds and even thousands of people, yet none are becoming infected?
That is absurd!

Quote:

Time to end the "Hoax" and go back to work and school.
I bet the families of over 7,000 Americans don't think COVID-19 is a hoax.

I bet the medical personnel, first responders, and other employees involved in the caring for the COVID-19 patients don't think COVID-19 is a hoax.

You are heartless.
Russ11
AG
They had a football season during 1918 Spanish flu so one would think we could handle it now.
But they were a lot tougher back then too
MidTnAg
AG

WILL TRY LATER
Agsrback12
MidTnAg said:

Quote:

Ever wonder how all these H-E-B, Wal-Mart, Target, etc. employees go to work every day and are exposed to hundreds and even thousands of people, yet none are becoming infected?
That is absurd!

Quote:

I bet the medical personnel, first responders, and other employees involved in the caring for the COVID-19 patients don't think COVID-19 is a hoax.

You are heartless.

I find it strange that small business shut down yet large corporations are not affected.

Are these guys churning through employees as they head to the war zone ERs or is something else going on?

Flu killed more people from Jan - March, and not by a small margin.

It's not heartless to question things not adding up.
West Point Aggie
AG
Agsrback12 said:

MidTnAg said:

Quote:

That is absurd!

Quote:

You are heartless.

I find it strange that small business shut down yet large corporations are not affected.

Are these guys churning through employees as they head to the war zone ERs or is something else going on?

Flu killed more people from Jan - March, and not by a small margin.

It's not heartless to question things not adding up.

Christ on a Segway...the tired "flu" argument again...just get ready for the second wave when restrictions are lifted juuuuust a bit and people overflow to the outside...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.