Texas A&M Football
Sponsored by

Vote Yes or No

3,857 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Ag86Hotard109
CampingAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has instant replay made sports better?
CampingAg
AG
Yes
CampingAg
AG
No
Sponge
AG
Yes. I can go get a beer while people jibber jabber to slow motion playback.
AggieBlu
AG
Yes
I will never understand how someone can tell so many lies and not feel bad about it...
Texas_Aggie_12
AG
No
Crazy Ag 97
AG
More accurate? Yes.
Better? No.
Velvet Jones
AG
Stop telling me what to do.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
Yes.....being able to see how bad we are getting screwed on targeting calls.

And

No......there is no f'n way the ball was fumbled out the back of the end zone.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
What's amazing is cheating ass refs still find a way to fix games w replay in place
HossAg
AG
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

What's amazing is cheating ass refs still find a way to fix games w replay in place

Yep. It's a straight up epidemic in organized sports. Cheating ass refs just fixing everything.
Lateralus Ag
AG
I can't figure out which one of you two wankers is being sarcastic.
TheDraw
AG
Ag86Hotard109 said:

Yes.....being able to see how bad we are getting screwed on targeting calls.

And

No......there is no f'n way the ball was fumbled out the back of the end zone.
TopoTacos
AG
Is this a serious question?

Yes. We've gotten screwed a couple times (no G-D way that ball went out the endzone) but on the whole it has made a sport that so often comes down to inches much more exact
HoustonAg2106
AG
If anything they don't have enough camera angles
CampingAg
AG
e.busche said:

Is this a serious question?

Yes. We've gotten screwed a couple times (no G-D way that ball went out the endzone) but on the whole it has made a sport that so often comes down to inches much more exact

Sure it's a serious question. I feel like we gripe about officiating and replay more often than we ever did before replay become so pervasive.

This is actually a great description of my thoughts:
Quote:

More accurate? Yes.
Better? No.
Post removed:
by user
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
CampingAg said:

Has instant replay made sports better?
Maybe
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional sports advice.
Franklin Delano Bluth
AG
Lateralus Ag said:

I can't figure out which one of you two wankers is being sarcastic.

Are you British, Bro?
TexanJeff
AG
Yes. Being able to see various plays from various angles is awesome

No, instant replay review is needlessly prolonging games and will apparently still not get the calls right and makes people even madder.
jsmc71
AG
No. They still get the call wrong 50% of the time or more because the evidentiary standard is so high to overturn. Some calls still not reviewable and delay.

And, yeah, there's no ****ing way the ball went out through the end zone. One of the worse calls I've ever seen in any sport, bar none. I wish I'd gotten a SC, but the day after that happened, a dude with a physics degree tweeted (or something social media), that the football literally would have had to break a law of physics to have gone out of the end zone.
TAMU74
AG
Crazy Ag 97 said:

More accurate? Yes.
Better? No.
Concur
schmellba99
AG
If it were implemented the way it was envisioned - yes, it would make it better.

As it stands, I dont' think it makes it better or worse because of the methodology in which it is actually used in games. Inconsistency breeds poor results, and this is the epitome of inconsistent application.

S.A. Aggie
AG
Agree
AustinAg2K
I think by saying the ref on the field has to make a call first, and then you can only overturn with indisputable evidence, makes instant replay not nearly as effective as it should be. Refs should be able to say, "I have no idea. Let's look at the video first." There seems to be some notion (especially in the NFL) that over turning a ref's call is somehow showing him up. If the ref doesn't have to make a call to begin with, then I think the correct call will get made more often.

Also, they should be able to use some common sense, and not indisputable evidence. I've seen plays not get overturned where the player is clearly over the goal line before being down, but you can't see the ball. Even though you can clearly deduce the fact that because both his arms are over the goal line, the ball must be, too, they won't overturn because you can't see the ball.
Ag86Hotard109
AG
CampingAg said:

Yes

What an ingenious ****** bag way to get stars....brilliant I tell ya, just brilliant!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.